Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

:siren:I CANNOT EJACULATE WITHOUT SEEING NATIVE AMERICANS BRUTALISED!:siren:

Put this cum-loving slave on ignore immediately!

xlr82xs posted:

An interceptor is going to out pace the explosion velocity though. Of course they will probably out traverse your turrets too.

I'd try auto cannons and webs.

So a slasher or rifter.

However light missiles will still do damage (eve explosion mechanics are stupid, who knew :ccp:), and interceptors have all the armor of a wet paper bag. That's also why the current Fuckyoufleet gets light missiles instead of light guns.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

Lowkin posted:

He stayed orange and just started salvaging my wrecks while I was fighting mobs then he just bounced. Lesson learned shoot all orange dudes and red dudes?

I am already getting killed and swindled at the teet of high-sec, I won't last a minute in lo-sec. I don't learn quickly I will be broke before I learn.

Highsec is not necessarily safer than nullsec (skip lowsec because it's poo poo).

The lesson from this: grab a cheap salvaging ship yourself, ninja salvage some ~maximum isk efficiency~ sperglord's wrecks yourself, and enjoy the tears.

Lowkin posted:

I quit the mission and lost like 1.5 standing with the agent, can I wait for server refresh and the mission guys will be there again?

Also don't grind highsec missions because they suck and will make you want to kill yourself, and even if you want to run missions why does agent standing matter as long as it doesn't prevent you from running the mission.

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

Libluini posted:

Sometimes I wish I could be as crazy as those weirdos who grind out enough LP for Nestor-battleships in HighSec. It's harrowing enough to get the 30,000 LP for an Astero, people continously grinding up to 600,000 LP is mindboggling to me. Outside of FW, that is. :v:

Isn't there some way to convert LP? You can easily get hundreds of thousands of navy LP by afk ratting with an ESS around.

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

Lowkin posted:

As an amarr pilot just doing missions in high-sec what factions should I be focused on ranking up?

I've already got ministry of internal order 8+ and sisters of eve 3+.

Do you somehow enjoy doing missions? Can you please tell us where you run them so we can suicide gank your blinged out mission running autism chariot?

Seriously, go to null and afk rat on an alt, that way you can do interesting things despite playing eve.

e:

Lowkin posted:

I've posted a bunch times I'm not leaving high-sec until I get myself situated, I gave this game a try for 2 months back in 09 and I hated it because I moved to the goon station. I was underclassed in every fight. I am quite content skilling up and ratting missions while I figure this game out.

I am not going to rush into null-sec only to be blown up a million times as a learning experience, that is not fun for me and I will end up quitting.

Even the most ~elite peeveepee~ goons die in fights. You will be underclassed in many fights even if you come to VFK in a 25 billion officer fit Marauder because guess what, any single ship will get killed if people feel like it (up to and including lone supers). On second thought, definitely come to VFK in a 25 bil officer fit Marauder so we can laugh about the inevitable lossmail.

You will never get yourself situated, and thinking losing ships is terrible is the first sign of becoming an incorrigible highsec number maximiser. Fly free T1 frigates and treat them like ammo. Then fly bigger ships and treat them as slightly more expensive ammo.

nessin posted:

Depends on what you want to do and where. Incursion ships generally have a significant omni-tank, especially if they're blingy, so it takes a solid effort to gank them. Going into incursion sites to screw with them means having to deal with the incursion rats if they target you (not sure how Concord works in an incursion) and trying to steal sites from them requires actually having an incursion running fleet in the first place.

You could also grief them by finishing off the mothership site quickly, before the incursion would normally end. Incursion runners will cry rivers about people ruining their ~maximum isk efficiency~.

suck my woke dick fucked around with this message at 09:35 on Feb 23, 2014

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

Lowkin posted:

I don't mind mission's at all(dual monitors) I am just treating it as something that I will have to do eventually might as well do it now while I am still new.

I am not aiming for V in all PvP frig skills I just realize the massive advantage someone with t2 fits will have over me and I don't enjoy smashing my head against a wall as cocaine suggested.

I can't get my E-Boner unless I feel I did something in fights.
It's not about whether you will die 1vs1, because most of the time it will be 10 vs 10 or 100 vs 250 :getin:. You tackling or (currently more likely) sensor dampening three 1337 pvp-ers in a Celestis or you keeping our dps ships alive in an Exequror is much more important than doing 135 instead of 130 dps because you finally got T2 light blasters or something (seriously, I only recently got T2 light hybrids and projectile weapons to qualify for interceptor reimbursement).

e: did I mention I'm currently flying battle ventures to anything that isn't a stratop?

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

Lowkin posted:

I was under the impression I needed standing for lvl 5 missions and incursions? which I thought is how most people make ISK
If I am wrong then yea I feel stupid.

Leave me alone. I am enjoying the game at the moment.

Nah. Most goons make money by
* salvaging (mostly for the first two weeks as a :shobon: newbee)
* afk ratting in Ishtars, Vexor Navy Issues, and Carriers
* importing things from jita and selling them (we have jump freighter services that ship around stuff for you really cheap)
* scamming pubbies
* running POS reaction farms (if you are space rich with like 100 bil isk floating around, this becomes worth the effort)
* manipulating the EvE economy (only super rich sperglords in the jewbal really do this on a regular basis, but you can profit from their market manipulation sometimes by buying up billions in whatever is about to get really expensive)

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

notaspy posted:

can someone delete 096b396f5c3f0a6f6698b6d2d5ab2f49 please?

If it's your API vcode, you can disable the API yourself, if it's something with the application system, nobody minds.

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

Booley posted:

Supers can only use fighters, which suck rear end. Nobody sane rats in a super. People use them for occasional missions / plexes that are ungated and have a structure to kill, but due to their inability to use normal drones they see significantly less PvE use than a few years back.

Booley posted:

See, that's dumb because he could clear it faster in another thanny/archon rather than the nyx. Please stop posting about things which you have no clue about.

Thing is, super ratting doesn't necessarily rely on drones. Rats in, say, a gate haven all spawn on the same spot. You sit your super down on that spot, permarun officer smartbombs and watch your wallet grow. The carrier really does nothing besides blapping rats that wander out of smartbomb range.

e:

SpaceDrake posted:

Ahhhh, I see. I guess I was thinking too small, at only one carrier. Silly me :v:

I'm quite happy with my single ratting Archon for now (though I have a feeling two Archons in one anom might make sentry ratting viable again, I'll try that with a carrier and an isktar first :getin:).

As long as you don't get hotdropped, idiots in random interceptors and gimmick fit Scythe Fleet Issues really don't stand a chance against you. If no dictor is involved, you can even get away from gangs that would normally kick your poo poo in. This is, of course, due to the awesome power of the MTU/warp stab combination: whenever assholes come in to shoot you, you just refit your lows to warp stabs, align to the POS, and gently caress off. Alternatively, you spam your bottomless reserve of drones at them and watch them melt while being able to mash warp if enough people to drown you in scrams appear.

suck my woke dick fucked around with this message at 22:43 on Feb 23, 2014

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

Noctis Horrendae posted:

80m? 60m? Expect somewhere around 60-100, I would think.

3 ticks x 30 mil, maybe a bit more, so thereabouts. It's only 1/3 to 1/4 more than an isktar could get (60-70 mil/h), but why would you not rat in a carrier if you can.

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

Lowkin posted:

But yea I'll take your advice, I'll stop posting and skill up and get strong enough to join a fleet.

God no we don't care whether all you can fly is a Slasher. We don't want you showing up in an 1337 pvp pimpmobile in your first fight and losing all your poo poo in one go when it inevitably dies.

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

Kheldragar posted:

On the other hand...:black101:
Yeah, we need someone to top Zungen suiciding a 2.5 billion Bhaalgorn and a Triage carrier into 30 T3s last week.

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

Moral posted:

They can be. When I first started it was myself and two friends and we all would hop onto comms and shoot the poo poo. It turned a rather mind-numbing experience into something quite enjoyable.

ITT we learn: friends need to be nerfed :argh: :ccp:

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

various cheeses posted:

Huh? Old NOS just took away X cap from the enemy and gave it to you, regardless of capacitor levels on either side.

I think there's new-NOS which took cap until the target's cap percentage reached your cap percentage and then there's new-new-NOS which takes cap until the target's absolute cap amount reaches your cap amount.

Mr. Jive posted:

Jesus, the Worm is going to kill the poo poo out of frigates.

:unsmigghh:
Oh god I might actually fly pirate faction ships.

bonewitch posted:

A RLML anti-support Gila sounds baller as hell, and it would give it an actual combat role as opposed to "shittier ishtar that can fit launchers".

No, that would break my low-skill-afk-ratting-characters-in-sanctums backbone :qqsay:

suck my woke dick fucked around with this message at 18:17 on Feb 25, 2014

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

various cheeses posted:

The NOSdomi rides again I guess, in the form of a dong-shaped ship.

Theta Penisfleet gets a new addition :getin:

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

Trabisnikof posted:

Bye bye FYF?

Hello Arbifleet?

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

bonewitch posted:

Apparently getting read-only'd removes you from all services too, so yeah he's kicked from jabber.

Nah, I got r-o'd for AAD posting (:suicide:) and I still had jabber.

By the way, we just did our best to keep the tradition of drive by doomsdays alive. The carrier that died was smugging it up in local and didn't even notice the Titan :toot:

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

Voyager I posted:

Suas is doing Drivebys now?

Is it too late to get in on the pool for his blob of Titans?

Fixed that for you :smuggo:

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

bonewitch posted:

He multiboxes 20+ ratting carriers everyday for 8 hours. He also has at least two titans, probably more.
More.

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

mikey posted:

(Why the gently caress is there a :yarr: smiley on these forums?)

No guesses as to what "yarring" means on eveo :suicide:

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

padijun posted:

https://zkillboard.com/detail/37258120/

Is this a new record? The highest I've seen has been a 32b golem.

What a noob fit.
That Pith X-Type could stand to be replaced with something purple :colbert:
And seriously, T1 rigs? What are you, space poor?

e: I'm unironically in favour of introducing purple rigs that are identical to T1 and T2 rigs, just to make highsec sperglords waste trillions on them.

ee (heh):

hemophilia posted:

I find it really funny how the 'cultural revolution' a couple of years caused such an incredibly loud outcry from TEST. Like they knew that poo poo was pretty much targeted at them and a few other shitheads spread across CFC alliances. The mere suggestion that people reign in the stupid poo poo and not be a rude loving bigot 100% of the time really did drive them up the wall. I wouldn't be surprised if that jokey 'movement' was the thing that caused us to ultimately have a falling out.

Nobody interferes with my god given right to be a terrible human being 23/7 :911:

suck my woke dick fucked around with this message at 21:02 on Mar 4, 2014

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

The Leper Colon V posted:

That, or stick them in a small cargo container where you've got all the other skillbooks you accidentally bought extras of, then hand them off to a mentor.

We should institute an "all skillbooks for all newbees" program, including free copies of Caldari Titan and all ore refining skills :pwn:

Also I'm deeply unhappy about space police fleet, since it's so awesome it impinges upon my use of battle Ventures :colbert:

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

Kheldragar posted:

Theta is the only sig worth a drat. :colbert:

I almost got popped during NPSI when I said I was a sigma in mumble though. :yayclod:

Quite obviously, Sigma Theta squid is the best squid, while Theta Sigma is for bitter jews.

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

hemophilia posted:

Theta is in Deklein to make money. When hostiles show up it's usually a matter of dumping your pve equipment and jumping in the thing in your hangar that makes the most sense.

More like jumping in the thing in your hangar that makes the least sense. This means battle Noctises, battle Ventures (:toot:), and Titans on podmails.

To be fair, Theta has moved towards everyone having a Penisfleet ship or at least everyone being able to grab thoraxes off contracts all the time.

e: this reminds me, that drat Algos in my hangar still needs to die in a fire

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

Libluini posted:

I think it will be revealed on the 11th birthday of Eve, or something. Also the future messages will be unsealed on the 36th birthday in 2039. Hopefully the solid-state device with them on it doesn't get corrupted by seawater or something, that would be embarrassing. :v:

I'm sure there will be a ~secret backup copy~ file that gets leaked within the year in a display of :ccp: competence.

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

Angela Christine posted:

Who is this chick supposed to be?

Have there even been any women in the story so far?

Wait . . . is that . . . is that supposed to be Lady Scarlet?

Did she get liposuction or what

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

pugnax posted:

That's some good poo poo right there.

vyst.gif will join the fatbee as a goon cultural icon.

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

Bilirubin posted:

One last question, can the game display your angular and transversal velo from your target's frame?

You can put them in the overview (through ticking stuff in a neverending spreadsheet like menu).

Bilirubin posted:

Yeah I can see all sorts of fun permutations. Are the physics realistic or do they make allowances for video game expectations of flying a ship being like really big planes?

Absolutely unrealistic. Your ship is a sphere with a movement vector, it is moving through jello, and everything else is just superficial eye candy. Eve is the world's premier space themed submarine simulation spreadsheet.

quote:

And now I have a much better understanding for why this game is called "spreadsheet wars" by some. Tracking ship class, likely gun fits, those gun stats and required flight approaches/angular and transversal velocity...sounds like a real fun challenge to outfly experienced players.

Yeah, in small tackle ships you can do that and it often works really well. If you're flying large ships in fleets, chances are you'll mostly just orbit the FC and hit f1 on targets.
e: when people say "manually piloting", that means "double click in a direction". Your ship will move in that direction, then you double click at a steeper angle to spiral a bit closer to your target, etc.
If you want to properly dogfight people IN SPACE then convince someone to play Freespace 2 Open multiplayer with you.

suck my woke dick fucked around with this message at 19:53 on Mar 7, 2014

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

Klyith posted:

(The ship-sphere thing is also why, for a short period of time until it got patched, some ships would warp while apparently facing sideways.)

It still does. Try warping around an Archon.

woppy71 posted:

It will be almost heartbreaking if Test cause the downfall of BNI and to be honest, this is the only outcome I can see. Sad.

At least Baki Yuku isn't in BNI yet.
Right guys? Right? :ohdear:

davmo1 posted:

Wow, petty much. Thought you guys had a sense of humour. Guess you can't joke around unless you have a nose firmly up your rear end already.

:byewhore:

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

kalstrams posted:

#########

TO : HANDLER
TOPIC : ENEMY ACTIVITY

SUBJECT OFTEN SNEEZES, LAST ACTIVITY 1650 EVE TIME.

#########

This suggests the possibility of the subject sneezing while titan bridging, resulting in accidentally jumping the titan into lowsec.

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

subhelios posted:

But does it have poopsiren? That one gets used in sigma jabber quite frequently.

:regd08:

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

Khablam posted:

He tried throwing ISK at the WH guys to save him, but has realised that even deep in WH space people don't like him enough to take the offer.

Never change, Glevon Goblin :allears:

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

hemophilia posted:

The latter is something you should only say to someone you're trying to scam.

☺7m8 could I, space French capsuleer blowfish, interest you in some prime spacefront property, my spacefriend?

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

Freighters will usually carry up to around 1b worth of items. At that point, throwing Brutixes at them becomes unprofitable. However, if you can find 40 people in T1 Catalysts to suicide gank the freighter, you've only invested about 150m for about 500m average loot.

Alternatively, you can just have 4 people with 10 accounts each, since isboxer is perfect for suicide ganking (just warp all characters to the freighter with one click, then click again to start shooting simultaneously).

This is quite bad isk/hour, but pubbie tears are their own reward and I would expect you to occasionally find a freighter carrying ten billion worth of crap.

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

ChickenWing posted:

Reasons this is bad:

Reasons this is good:
Arazu
Cynabal (with min cruiser)
whatever the hell gallente logi is called (I feel like it's exqueror but I've been known to be wrong on occasion)
Bitchin' Thorax

Welp, time to get a ratting vindicator.

Kjep64 posted:

Oh poo poo, we're done for! GSF and ultimately CFC are going to failcascade! On a more serious note, he can't honestly think that taking a POCO is relevant? ..oh wait, it's Gevlon.

Nothing could possibly be more relevant than attacking ~a thing that makes isk~ in Glevon Goblin land :cripes:

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

mikey posted:

Usually a massacre like B-R should invigorate the winning side and trigger a failure cascade on the losing side, but apparently in Russian Federation, defeated enemy vanquishes you!

How long until we have to grind the place out from under N3 N2 again, just so they don't get to keep it?
:cripes:

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

Uba Stij posted:

PROVI just took out three HERO capitals.

http://eve-kill.net/?a=kill_related&kll_id=22404049

Rumor is TEST refused to unify comms with the rest of HERO and were tackled for half an hour.

More of the capitals on field are about to drop as well allegedly.

Only dead TEST/Of Sound Mind capitals are good TEST/Of Sound Mind capitals. Especially applicalble to Of Sound Mind, with whom I associate a vague feeling of annoyance, but no particular memories :smug:

Alchenar posted:

We are literally BOB, renters and propping up pets and all.

Time for Reddit to form a corp of cute newbies to topple the evil empire. Oh wait...

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

pugnax posted:

Maybe if you dudes had, I dunno, less blues, your pvp sigs wouldn't need to deploy to the other side of the map to farm helpless newbies? Just throwing that out there.

In the grim darkness of New Eden, there is only backstabbing.

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

Kheldragar posted:

They're in JU- standing right now. :cripes:

Ratting fits usually have 0% EM resists. Still, I can't imagine an interceptor being able to kill you before you can call your Wasps to start attacking the inty; it's not like they're able to be tanked extremelly well. (Or maybe they are and I just don't know.) I always thought intys killed by being in roaming gangs or using cynos.

Levarris posted:

The sad thing is that Inty's usually have really, really, low DPS. I have to assume the person was AFK, because he would have had plenty of time to react.

If you don't carry lights or ECM lights :effort:, an interceptor with a long point will orbit faster than CN Wasps can follow (I lost a Wasp only VNI while at the keyboard, the interceptor chipped away at it for a minute while the Wasps didn't manage to fire a single shot).
Interceptors will also generally have over 100dps which, in a new wave of rats, will kill your shield in like 15 seconds after which armor and hull instantly melt.

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

Cerebral Wolf posted:

I'm just trying to play the game, not my fault you guy's keep sending jabber pings out and asking people to remove me all the time.

It's actually really interesting to see things from the other side of the fence now and how a couple of conversations happened to be turned into a year long witch hunt. This is Mittens creation, not mine.
I do enjoy the attention though.

Poor poor innocent non creepy Cerebral Wolf. Someone sponsor this fine human being into goons please.
:ironicat:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

Kheldragar posted:

In a shocking turn of events, Cerebral Wolf turns out to be Preencleeve in another hairbrained scheme to get into GSF. :v:

He was in GSF and got kicked out for being terrible.

• Locked thread