Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Matter of fact, I'm salty now.
I want to say that the Interceptor vs Interceptor fight against N3 in 0-W was amazing.

You want to look at this full size, it's sexy

Essentially what happened in 0-W is that N3 undocked a shitload of Interceptors, and started bouncing around the system, killing random ships and blurfing about it in Local. Progodlegend even warped back to station, but when he undocked he forgot what to do and lost his 80M Malediction and pod.

After about 5-10 minutes of jerking off, the CFC Interceptor fleet finally manages to get a good warp-in on the N3 Interceptor fleet, which we do and we start having a mad top-gun style interceptor brawl. Our FC was amazing and we were vollying them off the field, I don't know how many we killed in the first wave but we had light losses, the N3 fleet took pretty sizable losses and quit the field.

After about 3 minutes of jerking each other off due to our amazingness the reshipped N3 gang arrived back for round two. We dutifully killed them again and this time caught a ton of pods, I think the final count for our kills/losses was about 60 or so N3 killed and we lose about 13. More importantly we held the field and I had to go AFK after that.

I didn't get any screenshots of the actual fight due to how fast paced it was, but it look really, really cool. I'd like to excuse my shitfit Malediction as I didn't fit it and it was given to me as-is, I actually had to scrounge up a point and web, although I didn't fit the web because I wanted to be able to grab pods.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Xaerael please don't hate me for the intel thing, I didn't see he was moving from system and thought he logged into JU- and was docked :ohdear:

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Looks like there is a large fleet in Tribute being streamed, and the stupid low hanging fruit predictably dropped from the tree.

https://zkillboard.com/detail/37038228/

:negative: :wtc:

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

I lost a Jaguar recently and I got SRP on it and was pretty much able to rebuy it instantly :smug:

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

Faction frigate reimbursement is still 25m, so even with the doubling you'd still eat most of the cost. Sorry.

Really though who gives a poo poo about that, the real upside of this is what it does to t1 ships and the newbie experience. You can literally forgo ratting altogether unless you want to start flying crazy faction poo poo and/or plexing your account.

I'm pretty happy with the announcement, it'll allow me to fly my Jaguar whenever, although I might just get it blown up so I can buy a Keres :getin:

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

~My first fight with Black Legion~
by Leo Showers

So we form a Harpy Fleet with over 100 members, however it appeared that people were joining it and not in QPO. We fight Black Legion who are in Maelstroms, they get a bombing run off on us initially but that was okay. We then warp around station and end up fighting them on a POS but they drop Triage Carriers while we are still shooting in our Harpy Fleet. Our FC makes the call to reship to Dominixs but no-one has them.

The end.

The Triage carriers was a bit of a :confused: moment as we really weren't killing that much so who knows.

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

The original call out was that Black Legion had like 100 Maelstroms in QPO and all we could form up at the time was a Harpy Fleet. I think they ended up bridging in more support and were ready for a fight, all they ended up doing was incapping a JB and shoot an onlining POS. At first we figured a Super was tackled or something because they bridged the Maelstroms in but it doesn't really seem like it.

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

So Erotica1 is probably the creepiest dude I've ever seen in EVE-O, I read the thread about him on goonfleet and that was really something.

My question is why did WIdot ever recruit him? He's a highsec forumwarrior who has psychotic tendancies, nevermind the eBay scams.

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

So let me get this straight, please ensure I am not missing anything.

Unfunny bitter EVE player posts zero effort ad about thing and gets flustered when people call thing unfunny. Unfunny bitter EVE player then accuses the somethingawfuldotcom EVE thread of being slightly biased towards the viewpoint held by the CFC, a coalition principally lead by Goonswarm Federation, which is lead by a corp based from somethingawfuldotcom. Proceed to have a slapfight on previously mention forum thread.

:allears:

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Potentially another DDoS attack on EVE?

e: Or :ccp:

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Klyith posted:

You're missing that the community the ad is for is basically clone-goonfleet. If eve was a Civ game, zulusquad would be a chunk of the map that flipped to our cultural hegemony.

I'm not sure whether that makes the unfunny ad + slapfight ironically humorous, or just sad, like a kid desperate for an abusive dad's approval. :(

That makes sense now, I really had no idea what zulu squad is/was until now anyway.

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Okay from what was said before I got the impression that Zulu Squad was a pretty chill group but now I see it's full of contains autistic spergs who have to defend their e-honour at the slightest hint of an insult. I apologise in advance to the potentially more chill Zulu members but :wtc:

e: clarification.

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

At least I have established that it's only one guy.

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

I think one of the worst things they could do is try to take space, on one hand it's great that a ton of new players are experiencing something different. On the other hand Sov grinding is pretty boring.

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

I thought I'd dip into reddit to see what was being said in the EVE subreddit or whatever it's called. After adjusting my eyes to the horrible, horrible layout I think I am seeing an absolute ton of blurfing about Mittens being evil or something and their next target being obvious.

I really could be wrong reddit is pretty confusing and the layout is weird.

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

vyst posted:

Well here let me just expedite your poo poo ASAP Mr. Important. I mean I'd hate for you to have to wait longer than a fuckin hour since you emailed you mook bitch.

I request that this comment be added in bold, with sirens, to the OP.
e:

Noctis Horrendae posted:

The last few posts alone prove that.

Have you noticed how only a handful of EVE goons post on other threads? Maybe they're shunned from other goon cliques.

Have you noticed that you are shunned from pretty much every other group on SA because you are a pretty poo poo poster?

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

I've been waiting until I could get to my computer to do this.

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

I'm getting performance anxiety from the Vyst edit, but here's another one. I think these comics are great because the possibilities are endless.

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Wow I never even thought my 30 second comedy edit would be a 'thing'.

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

davmo1 posted:

Yeah i did like twice. Just now again. Should I email the newbies@goonfleet.com ? Or do you know the answer?

davmo1 posted:

See you blokes in a few months!

:smugdog:

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

dotalchemy posted:

Hawthorne. I hate Collingwood with a passion.

Back to EVE, look what Clockwork just did http://droog.rwpcomputers.com/?a=kill_detail&kll_id=58215

Poor BNI :(

I'm surprised that it's 1.3 billion of useless poo poo packed in an industrial. It's sad because he probably doesn't know any better and the support network isn't likely there at the moment.

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

davmo1 posted:

2008... 100ish posts... Goodluck mate

Calling out other posters on their questionable post history is not really endearing from a j4g who only a page ago was told to :frogout:

Please :frogout:

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

He must be hurting, seeing as the amount of Gevlon sperg has increased dramatically in the last day or so.

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

So the battle in Sendaya where a NCdot, BNI and European Goonion fought seems not to have gone to plan. I am reading that BNI had agreed to bait EG so that NCdot could kill their Tengus, but the BNI ended up shooting the NCdot fleet due to a communications error. This is all second-hand information, anyone got the full story?

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

I can see why the Auth team would become so jaded and broken, look at what they have to deal with here. I can only imagine that it's just the tip of the iceberg.

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Is there an active bounty on Noctis the Terrible Poster? What/where is this so I may get a sweet killmail.

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

I think you got off lightly with "Hoopz", because I'd rather call you "Poopz" or something like that. Can you come up to JU- and we can have an honourable 1v1 at the Sun or something.

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Holy poo poo all those comments in the HERO capital whelp article is mindblowing. Are they really going to tear apart the BNI writer and call it 'goon bias'?

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

So either TEST is poo poo because they don't want to unify comms or TEST is poo poo because they can't drop Dreads on a station without Provibloc tackling it. Either way, they shouldn't have lost that dread fleet and either they are dumb or incompentant, and that seems to be the kind of semantics they are sperging out about right now.

The comedy in it all is just :allears:

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

I don't even think it's about the metagame anymore, at the end of the day they lost a capfleet on a station because they didn't have subcap support. Everything else is secondary to this and they've already "replaced all those dreads, no worries".

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

When's the last time you saw an acceptable Noctis Horrendae post? Yeah, it's possible, but not awfully likely.

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Cerebral Wolf posted:

You seen Gevlons SOTA? He signed it "The Puppet Master".

You should probably sign your posts "The poo poo Poster" because really it's all you seem to do.

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

So how many months will it be until Cerebral Wolf tries a comeback because he thinks everything will have "blown over"? Surely the current turn of events would extend this occurrence for at least another month and a half.

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Majikjon posted:

I hear you. I ran on a Kestrel for a while. Maybe I'll pick one back up and go exploring in LowSec for some PvP action.

Just need to get a jump clone so I don't lose my implants...

Unless you have mega-expensive implants, just go for it. As a newer character all you should really need is the +3 training implants or the powergrid ones for tight fittings if you like running it that way.

You will really need to break out of that mindset and just lose the attachment to ships. Have fun and actually play the game.

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

pugnax posted:

I'm not one for dirty blobbers arguments, but it's really a stretch to call 84 v 23 a ~fight~, especially when you have more ewar than they have dps combined. Nice though.

So if the 23 wins against the 84 it's a ~fight~, but if the 84 win against the 23 it isn't a ~fight~? I don't usually keep that up to speed with the EVE-O thread but is your EVE character in either Pandemic Legion, Black Legion or NCdot? It just smacks of the ~elite pvp~ mindset where it's somehow dishonourable to utilise numbers.

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Heh, that's an awesome, orginial meme picture you posted.

So tell me about your character's history in EVE. I'm considering sponsoring you, if I like your story we can move on to sorting out your security deposit (routine enough) and preparing your ships to be moved to VFK.

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Surely, I guess it's on the cheaper scale of hobbies.

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Wolfy posted:

Theta kill team hit its mark.

The 'Perp' was located ratting in Co2 space, so Deklein Police dispatched the legendary "Theta Squad Kill Team" to enforce the Space Law.:smug: The kill team was successful :smug:

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

orange juche posted:

Only one Police Pursuit Comet? :raise:

What kind of Goon Police Department are you guys running?

We've already had to hand in our badges and guns, we're running the desk for the next month.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

My favorite part of Hollow Talk's pastebin is

BNI shitlord posted:

There are many entities in this game that have no
SRP at all. We are lucky to have what we have.

As if anyone would ever feel entitled to some kind of SRP for a stratop. Some people just have no idea how good they've got it :smug:

By the way I got 70M for losing an Interceptor in Sendaya.

e: BEST QUOTE

Same BNI shitlord posted:

Be self sufficient. Do some research, Stop sucking of the teat of the alliance.

This is from the "Brave Collective", self-styled newbie alliance.

• Locked thread