Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

:eyepop:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

I can't wait to play with goons.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

torpedan posted:

But, I thought goons like adopting a wide stance.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Look if I can try Star Citizen because someone bought me a ship in it because they thought it would be funny to see me play this uhhh

I think I can do this

:rip:

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Anybody who unironically uses the term J4G is a dumb baby.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Maneck posted:

Anyone who uses the term "dumb baby" without meaning it ironically is a J4G.

This is the gayest thing that could have been written about this.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

omeg posted:

When I hear J4G I think of this

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Maneck posted:

You are too new to be making that call. That post did not include even one reference to a bag of dicks.

Bags of dicks are allright though and should be a valued commodity

It's a shame that it hasn't happened in game yet

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

JohnSherman posted:

Widestancer, apropos of nothing, how can I get a job as a pipeline analyst, as it seems to leave you with a metric fuckload of free time?

Get a certificate in ESRI and SAP software then get a job where your boss is okay with you using the Internet for personal stuff as long as you get your work done.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

pugnax posted:

As some one who uses ESRI software on a regular basis, gently caress ESRI.

I think that too but gently caress Intergraph and Mapinfo way more

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Bagu posted:

Warning: incoming quarterly j4g browbeating.
itsjustdrew, you had j4g written on your head the moment you first posted in this thread back when you registered, and haven't figured out what you're doing wrong in 5(?) months since.
Firstly, you never took the overwhelming amount of advice to go post elsewhere and become part of this community. Instead you just stayed in this thread trying to blend into the herd, only to poo poo up the last few pages trying to whine yourself into corp.
Secondly, you failed to read jack poo poo when you joined these here forums, making yourself the poster child j4g by not reading even a few pages back or the op to this thread.
And finally, you haven't bothered to learn by example from the several posters in this thread who themselves started as j4gs but weren't complete autists and figured out how to fit in around here. Really, some of the best posters in this thread :10bux:ed because of this thread and we don't hold it against them because they have proven they're not completely retarded.
You, on the other hand, just threw a whiney fit because you checked all of the boxes off to join Waffe without understanding the purpose of the checklist in the first place.
Go find something else outside of games to enjoy with your :10bux: investment and come back in 6 months. I bet with the changes in your posting style and actual understanding of the poeple you want to fly with, you'll fit right in. If yoy still even want to join Waffe at that point.

Jesus loving christ

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

orange juche posted:

We're all spies :unsmigghh:

The Gray Owl Hoots at Twilight

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

deadtear posted:

Keep your fetishes to yourself

*checks password list* This checks out I'm glad you're not a spy

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Maneck posted:

That's a mighty odd safe word you chose there.

I just use what the decoder ring says

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Bagu posted:

Widestancer, please stop posting like a teenager in an aol chat room and please stop trying to rustle the natives. If you find yourself calling out 3 posters a day for poo poo only you care about, maybe you just need to chill.

What the actual gently caress are you talking about

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

So who is this guy anyways

Do I even want to know

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

I know about the emote I was wondering about whether the poster is just bad or a forums treasure

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

I had to work with that for some GISCorp volunteer work a little while back to get enough points for my GISP and fffffff

God drat there are a lot of GIS/MIS people here which means I have something in common with a lot of goonswarm people

Uh oh

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

ullerrm posted:

Hell no, watching this has been amazing.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

No More Heroes posted:

Like Cortez burning his ships

I like this analogy and it works even better if you spread STD's to wipe out the native population afterwards.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Moatman posted:

Didn't you :toxx: yourself to never post in this thread again or get permabanned?
e: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3609703&pagenumber=231&perpage=40#post428292882
f,b

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Margaret Thatcher posted:

It's a naughty forum post, posted by a naughty forum user. Glad you liked it though Scooter.

e: Just stop being go aggressive guys. I'm not trying to start a fight, I just want to post here and have some fun. You guys take these shenanigans way too seriously.

e: I am not gonna post on these forums again or join goonwaffe again. PERMABAN TOXXXXX :toxx:

my other SA accounts are 'Sir P. Grothsmore' and 'Drunken Warlord'

uh oh spaghettio

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Sixx Spades posted:

That's the second time Grothsmore toxx'd himself in this thread.

Why would any sane human being ever toxx themselves over an MMO

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

HappyKitty posted:

You have answered your own question.

Well I get that we're all kinda hosed in the head but drat, man.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

ullerrm posted:

Get out. I would rather have Prencleeve in this thread. He is a tapeworm of intelligence, shining through the offal that is your posting.

(Seriously, when you're not empty-quoting like a loving idiot, you're posting pithy one-liners and smiley-only content that makes you look like a bad Hoopz parachute.)

Whoah dude I can really see the emphasis with the bold you put on there. If I play this game, sorry man, I'll post here. I didn't toxx myself for a perma like that other dumbass.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Mexplosivo posted:

Don't burn out widestancer pace yourself and your gimmick.

I just want to talk about spaceships and did the same emoticon/emptyquote that other people here did and this guy goes off, singling me out and leaving them just fine; that's the second one lately. I thought we could all just talk about spaceships here :(

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Probably the Titan because it is Very Large. Or the Caracal.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

blowfish posted:

This thread is amazing. Why doesn't it have an all 5 rating?

poo poo, I rated it a 5.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

It's me

I'm the spy

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

What's a good way to gank people mining?

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

deadtear posted:

Guys, please don't troll BBG he was nice and helpful during the BFM archeagegeddon

Yeah, I'm looking forward to gaming with him and experiencing this as a couple.

E: Do we just do a joint Goonwaffe login or what?

Eye of Widesauron fucked around with this message at 23:07 on Oct 7, 2014

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

WORST FORUMS GUY posted:

thanks for the ninja admission to goonwaffe by sharing your account with me you know who you are ;)

widestancer will also be grateful, since we are both gonna be using the account.

thank you so much!! can't wait to play with you guys

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

deadtear posted:

No, that is very much against the rules. You both will need your own separate goonfleet dot com account but only one each :)

Thank you for being so helpful!

What are some other tips to help us "go where no man has gone before" (star trek joke there)?

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

deadtear posted:

There are lots of helpful tips scattered throughout the thread, but #1 is eve is super loving boring and you have to make your own fun.

I bet BBG and I can do that

:wink:

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

vyst posted:

I don't even understand what's going on

Can love blossom on a battlefield?

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Bagu posted:

Did 4chan invade the thread or something? I've seen better posting from Jack Gates.
Edit: I'd put them on ignore, but that would rob me the joy of seeing the ban/probation avatars.

Everyone else here is being pretty helpful, not sure what's bothering you?

Otacon posted:

Serious tip, Read Sun Tzu's "Art of War" and it'll teach you pretty much everything you need to know about EVE.

EDIT: Also, spend at least a day or two on the tutorial missions - theres like 5 of them, with lots of important text to read and remember, and each tutorial should take you about an hour to complete. Once you complete the tutorials you're still absolutely lost, but at least you know how to undock a ship.

We'll definitely do the tutorial missions; good to know they're not useless like the ones in Planetside 2

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Voyager I posted:

This is almost as good as the time Widestancer poked the Dota 2 thread and it ended up with the Dota 2 thread invading the imp zone and spreading the plague of dotachat.

There was a Dota thread there way before I ever did that. Glad to see you're still salty all this time though.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

vyst posted:

Not exactly. They decided that unless the game has a specific subforum every game gets a singular thread. It was a sweeping change for all of the games in MMO HMO.

Kewpuh and Zoolooman also recently said that the Dota people make more reports than all the others by far. You guys are better than that.

Except for Voyager I obviously who just outed himself as a really salty Dota player.

E: and Bagu obviously

Eye of Widesauron fucked around with this message at 14:39 on Oct 8, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Voyager I posted:

You wander around the games forums trying to make threads about you and also aren't funny in doing so, so no, I don't particularly care for you.

Getting Bagu to flip out was pretty funny though, I'll give you that.

The star citizen thread is/was really lovely and if you're complaining about the loss of quality in it I don't know what to tell you; the Dota Thread was simply me asking them why they generate more reports than any other thread. The Archeage thread involved outing a pedophile and his apologists so I guess if you consider that a bad thing that says a lot about you?

And here Worst Forums Guy and I are simply asking how to play this game together. Other people have been really helpful, not sure how asking for help and talking about a game are making a thread all about me it seems like you have an obsession and it's kinda weird I guess.

• Locked thread