Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Greenllama
Jun 10, 2013

I am a green llama capable of posting on SA forums. Please adopt me.
captain Spaulding is trolling you all it's so great

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

captain_spaulding
Feb 19, 2014

Toxic Fart Syndrome posted:

Let me elaborate, I'll try to use lots of white space and small words:

You are seemingly oblivious to fundamental aspects of our culture.

You failed to follow basic instructions on a publicly available wiki. Twice.

You seem to lack a firm grasp of the English language, which either means you are not an American like you said, or are a crazy person. Either way, I don't think you are getting into our space club.

If you somehow manage to avoid a permaban, I suggest not posting for a year or two.

I appreciate your opinion. There are a couple of things that are wrong with your statement. A. I am an American who is not crazy. This completely contradicts your somewhat lackluster guess. 2. Not only do I have a firm grasp of English, I am a teacher, who teaches English as a second language in an International School. How I choose to type my words when I am relaxing is my own personal choice. I am in no way trying to disrespect you at all. I came to this forum, spent 25 dollars, and made a thread. I strongly disagree with your opinion. I have read the wiki document and I understand its contents. So having said that, as I mentioned someone last night. I will have everything in order real soon. Thanks for your opinion and have a nice morning.

captain_spaulding fucked around with this message at 03:53 on Feb 21, 2014

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

*sigh* sure. it's a weed joke

Greenllama posted:

captain Spaulding is trolling you all it's so great

Is he really though? Or are you? :tinfoil:

Hustle Hound
Oct 21, 2012

all is known
Please allow Captain Spalding Sports Company, the treasure of the forums, to play the massively multiplayer online space ship game with you people.

Tim Jong-un
Aug 22, 2008

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:

Narciss has an evil clone.

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

Rhymenoserous posted:

errrrr so do most of the other mmo goon guilds.

that is extremely funny

demonicon
Mar 29, 2011

Rhymenoserous posted:

errrrr so do most of the other mmo goon guilds.

Yeah, but they donīt consist of 12 bullshit steps. They also donīt have "Auth Directors", wtf.

captain_spaulding
Feb 19, 2014

I personally don't mind the fact that they have an organized way of doing things. it reminds me of being back in the army. So ill play my position and enjoy learning about this cool rear end space game

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

captain_spaulding posted:

I personally don't mind the fact that they have an organized way of doing things. it reminds me of being back in the army. So ill play my position and enjoy learning about this cool rear end space game

BTW (burn the witch), if you're into rear end games I've got a few recommendations for you.

captain_spaulding
Feb 19, 2014

Matoi Ryuko posted:

BTW (burn the witch), if you're into rear end games I've got a few recommendations for you.

lol that was funny. I didn't realize I said "rear end" I just got to typing. So What do you do once you have done all of the initial missions in your starting area? Do you find another place that has more of these little starter missions? I wanna figure out how to make some money so I can buy stuff.

K. Farb
Aug 6, 2009

I'd give you a ride, but I got Karl Farbman here.
get a better space ship

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Your first thread and its already gold. You are going places OP.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

demonicon posted:

Yeah, but they donīt consist of 12 bullshit steps. They also donīt have "Auth Directors", wtf.

Maybe they should have a director in charge of paying space rent so their territories don't revert back to neutral.

Crankit
Feb 7, 2011

HE WATCHES

I strongly disagree with your opinion.

This is a good sentence.

Zvim
Sep 18, 2009

Livingtrope posted:

Haha you eve people have a loving wiki and have to register to join, jesus christ

Eve is serious business.

Typically if the registration process is more complex that posting in a thread then I say gently caress it. I'll just join a poo poo pubbie guild/clan/whatever and see if i can make them implode.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

demonicon posted:

they also don't have an organization with 50,000 dudes in it.

CountButtula
Jan 5, 2014

I appreciate your opinion. There are a couple of things that are wrong with your statement. A. I am an American who is not crazy. This completely contradicts your somewhat lackluster guess. 2. Not only do I have a firm grasp of English, I am a teacher, who teaches English as a second language in an International School. How I choose to type my words when I am relaxing is my own personal choice. I am in no way trying to disrespect you at all. I came to this forum, spent 25 dollars, and made a thread. I strongly disagree with your opinion. I have read the wiki document and I understand its contents. So having said that, as I mentioned someone last night. I will have everything in order real soon. Thanks for your opinion and have a nice morning.

I'm really glad you understand how serious Eve Online is. If you retain as much dedication to your posting as you have so far, you will go far in the wonderful world that is Goonwaffe good sir o7 o7 o7 (salute)

It also shows well that you are willing to spend for success! EVE Online rewards those who are a little better endowed in the wallet department if you know what I mean ;) There's no need to wait like a scrub - just PLEX your way to a good honourably tanked dreadnaught with a shiny faction fitting and success and pubbie (non-goon) tears will be yours!

Hit me up ingame as Frikkin' Lasers if you want some tips for thriving in the swarm bro (my goon main got temp banned for swearing in local :( )

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

but i dont wanna be a spaceship
Fun Shoe

Allow me to point out a small fallacy in your above statement, to wit, your firm grasp of the English language has failed you miserablly when people have said "you are a goddamn pubby, thanks for the :tenbux: thanks for the other cash you pissed on the wall for an avatar, and thanks for the entertaining thread", I have personally dragged a couple of my goodbuddies from eve into these forums, after exercising what I hope is good judgement of character: are they goonygoonbuddies? do they want to j4g, do they appreciate the other fora? Most importantly, can they actually bring something interesting to S.A. We no longer actually play Eve, we do other things, I actually pulled them into starfleet dental, they are both the funny psychopaths we like to hang around here with, they don't need an avatar from house of a thousand j4g's to infer that.

also, this thread should be in FYAD.

The fakeest edit:

I upgraded to platinum, had my avatar changed to something unbannable ,and have maxed my credit card.

ill get the archives next week and find the post you mentioned, however your email is set to OFF so I cant contact you like you mentioned.

I see why my mate skyped me with the link to this thread, you are insane, while that's not always a per-requisite for playing "Hit F1, wait a bit, hit F1 again." type games. it is for goonwaffe, or whatever we are calling our activities in spreadsheets online presently. Welcome, goonsir, may your poop always fit your socks and not overfill them.
may your neck be festooned with a heavy, luxurious pelt.

Oh, I did Tokyo for 7 years, Nova is a crap "school". avoid. I can hook you up with a company the Japanese BoE (Board of Edumacations) uses to recruit actual TA's (you would start as a Teachers Assistant), for actual public schools, not dodgy "pay stupid sums of cash to flirt with gaijins who's only qualification is they happen to have English as their first language*sometimes" type establishments, you should go to Japan, it has animes, sometimes those animes have goods like body pillows, you will need one.

staberind fucked around with this message at 19:19 on Feb 21, 2014

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Zvim posted:

Eve is serious business.

Typically if the registration process is more complex that posting in a thread then I say gently caress it. I'll just join a poo poo pubbie guild/clan/whatever and see if i can make them implode.

Like, I remember hearing about the goon eve thing years ago, and it was all about how they were trolling the people who took it so seriously

what the gently caress went wrong

imatree
Nov 18, 2005
ok...

Grimey Drawer

Livingtrope posted:

Like, I remember hearing about the goon eve thing years ago, and it was all about how they were trolling the people who took it so seriously

All the fun people went to STO to troll pubbies in Drogna station, or whatever the hell the cybersex station is named.

koreban
Apr 4, 2008

I guess we all learned that trying to get along is way better than p. . .player hatin'.
Fun Shoe

Livingtrope posted:

They formed a coalition of several thousand pubbies who take the game too seriously and the ~40 or so goons who get all serious up in their spaceships basically throw pubbies at anything that moves while waffegoons go on fleets when they want and gently caress around in space, posting on forums and jabber. You just hear from the super serious goon*(s) more often than anyone else.

It's more serious than it was, say, in 2008/2009, but it's by no means the regiment of e-spacemen conscripts marching dutifully under the goon flag like it sometimes sounds. For most people it's a "show up if/when you want, if not nbd" thing. No one's going to kick you out for chilling out with goons and not taking the game super seriously.

Ralp
Aug 19, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Look if you retards won't even let captain spaulding play your spaceship game with you I am just going to freaking lose it.

Silento
Feb 16, 2012

I think captain spaulding should be promoted to general spaulding. And not just any general, a 5-star general! He deserves 5 stars, just like this thread. :thumbsup:

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

I can't avoid filling a game with awful memes, even if I want to. It's in my bones...!
I will never, ever understand the people who don't actually research the site before trying to sign up for Goon guilds/spy on them. Of course, I also don't quite get how people have never heard of SA as a comedy site - unless you're brand new to the entire Internet, it's hard to not at least have heard of the place. :psyduck:

Grecotch Unicycle
Oct 6, 2012

In perpetual motion sickness.

imatree posted:

All the fun people went to STO to troll pubbies in Drogna station, or whatever the hell the cybersex station is named.

Drozana station. Good times.

Anyway, I don't get why this guy shouldn't be allowed in. He clearly has the credentials, being a loving TEACHER of ESL. It's not like you can just get that kind of qualification to teach overnight.

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
Op do you like animes? A lot of the good posters here think they are pretty good. Do you have any favorites?

Entropia
Nov 18, 2012
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
How is this man not a fleet commander yet.

captain_spaulding
Feb 19, 2014

Grecotch Unicycle posted:

Drozana station. Good times.

Anyway, I don't get why this guy shouldn't be allowed in. He clearly has the credentials, being a loving TEACHER of ESL. It's not like you can just get that kind of qualification to teach overnight.

Atually im not an ESL teacher I teach 11th grade at an international highschool. I have a Ba in Arts with Honors in English Studies. Theres a big difference.

Frog 1.0
Jun 2, 2001

Now with 33% less Engrish
Have you been podded yet OP? I heard it's a big part of Eve. You should check that out

Incursus
Sep 17, 2012

NOTHING LIKE HAVING THE BEST OEGAMIOM IN THE WORLD EVERYDAY!

Atually im not an ESL teacher I teach 11th grade at an international highschool. I have a Ba in Arts with Honors in English Studies. Theres a big difference.

Can you help me with basic math? I finished college algebra, but I take my TEAS V soon, we are not allowed to use calculators and I'm incapable of solving basic arithmetic problems by hand. (dividing fractions, multiplying decimals, et all) I will give you the login info to my Aeon pilot in Black Legion.

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

but i dont wanna be a spaceship
Fun Shoe

Incursus posted:

Can you help me with basic math? I finished college algebra, but I take my TEAS V soon, we are not allowed to use calculators and I'm incapable of solving basic arithmetic problems by hand. (dividing fractions, multiplying decimals, et all) I will give you the login info to my Aeon pilot in Black Legion.

I suspect teaching people with an entire brain will prove an exciting and new challenge to him.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

This is the best thread.

smg77
Apr 27, 2007

Admit it...you're only in Indonesia because there were no openings in glorious Nippon.

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

Hello. I am prepared to 'sponsor' captain spaulding.

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

:siren:I CANNOT EJACULATE WITHOUT SEEING NATIVE AMERICANS BRUTALISED!:siren:

Put this cum-loving slave on ignore immediately!

Ive heard of neither dark souls or alpha protocol but thanks for the heads up. Thanks for the replys. I appreciate the conversation as I Am an American who lives in Indonesia where not everybody has a functioning brain hahaa. So I play eve to ease my troubles

:ironicat:

captain_spaulding
Feb 19, 2014

GulagDolls posted:

Hello. I am prepared to 'sponsor' captain spaulding.

hello bro. My in game name is Rosco-p Coltrain. ive already gotten into the bootcamp of goonfleet. but not any further

Crankit
Feb 7, 2011

HE WATCHES

hello bro. My in game name is Rosco-p Coltrain. ive already gotten into the bootcamp of goonfleet. but not any further

That is a cool name, what inspired you to make it?

Hemimaori
Feb 22, 2014
Suicide ganking to lvl 4.

Sure fire way to make new friends in eve.

Moral_Hazard
Aug 21, 2012

Rich Kid of Insurancegram
OP, why do you think Indonesians are brain dead?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Professor Cthulhu
Jul 14, 2007

I got my Associate degree at Miskatonic Community College.

Someone promote this man to Space Captain already.

• Locked thread