Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
douche ex machina
Oct 31, 2008

Laocius posted:

Brak, for some reason.

My boyfriend was always scared of Brak "because he doesn't have lips or gums". His teeth are just one big solid block, which I guess is kinda gross.

For me, it was Thomas the Tank Engine. gently caress that googly-eyed bastard. Nowadays I rationalized my fear as reverse-pareidolia. His expression never changed, but the eyes always moved, and always seemed to follow me, especially on those model playsets. When I was little I would make a game out of looking at the front of a car/bus/train and trying to imagine a face: the eyes would be lights, the grill a mouth, side mirrors as ears or whatever. But Thomas the Tank Engine already had a face and I guess it hosed with me. The Chevron claymation car commercials evoked those uncomfortable uncanny valley feelings as well.

I remember watching an episode at my Grandma's house, where Thomas crashes into some family's house, and I hid behind her couch for hours. For a few years afterward, I would be in my bed and just about to fall asleep and all of a sudden in my mind BAM THOMAS THE TANK ENGINE OUT OF loving NOWHERE crashing through my room.

I was also terrified of my uncle's boxer puppy after she got fixed and had to wear the cone of shame. She would always jump on me and knock me down and after a while I demanded to be picked up by anyone who was taller than me. The cone combined with her obnoxious excitement earned her the nickname "clown dog". :3: Later she turned into a deaf-as-a-post little nugget who enjoyed playing fetch with rocks and was about as smart as a loaf of bread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread