Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Astrofig
Oct 26, 2009
I was scared of drat near everything as a kid, but the main one that's hung around even to this day?

Eyes. Things or people with bulging eyes, damage to eyes, sharp things near eyes; it wigs me right the hell out even now. I think I've pinpointed the beginning, too---when I was like seven I watched an episode of Star Trek with my older cousin and it was the one where the Captain (I forget the name; he's played by the bald guy who's Professor X) is being turned into some kind of cyborg. To do this, it was apparently needful to drill through his eye while he was still conscious and staring at the drill. I don't understand WHY that specific image stuck with me for so long; it was just a split second and it cut away before it actually drilled in (he might have been rescued, even? I was too busy hiding behind the couch to see the rest.)

Oh, and like someone else said, windows open on darkness, uncovered by blinds or curtains. I have a horrible fear of looking over to see someone (or something) looking in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Astrofig
Oct 26, 2009

Pastry of the Year posted:

I loved Garbage Pail Kids when I was little, but there were a handful of them that I found extremely upsetting, and this was one of them:

So, yeah.

This suddenly reminded me of one that absolutely tormented me as an older kid all the way through middle teenager-hood. Remember that old song about how you're not supposed to laugh as the hearse goes by? Yeah, for whatever reason my brain absolutely loving FIXED on that song (for a kid with poorly-controlled ADD, that in itself was a horrible new change), specifically the verses about all the gross things the worms would do to you. I'd start thinking about it like out of nowhere and I wouldn't be able to stop; it was worse when I tried to sleep. Sometimes it'd actually make me start hyperventilating and crying because I couldn't stop thinking about those goddamned worms.

Astrofig has a new favorite as of 07:18 on Aug 22, 2014

• Locked thread