Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

When I was maybe 6 or 7 I was terrified of the bathtub drain. I would still take baths, just on the opposite end of the tub and I'd keep a watchful eye on the drain the whole time.

This was because I had several nightmares about this city under the ground that was connected to all the bathtub drains in the world. There were these monsters that lived in the city who looked like Jabba the Hutt except with legs and human faces, and they'd send up this stuff through the drains that would cause the bath water to foam up and turn kids into these monsters. I was always sure to stare down that drain so I could make a run for it if I saw it start bubbling.

It sounds like the silliest thing on earth as an adult, but I had these dreams so frequently that kid-me was convinced that Underground Bathtub Monster City had to be real.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Davros1 posted:

And the last one isn't mine, but a couple of months back I was over a friend's house, and his ten year old son and I were talking, and his son mention's the "Bloody Mary" thing he had heard kids at school talking about (You know, "look into a mirror, say Bloody Mary five times . . . "). Well, his mother heard him say this, and see flew into a rage, yelling at him that he was to NEVER do anything like that.

It was weird, and frankly, I wasn't going to ask.

Is she religious, by any chance? Some Christians (perhaps other religions as well, I'm only familiar with it in Christianity, though) believe that anything involving summoning spirits, like Ouija boards or the Bloody Mary 'ritual,' can actually get the attention of demons and other such nasty things.

• Locked thread