Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

You said you are not participating, just observing, but you seem to be in favor of a complete restructuring of the government. Is there a particular reason you are not participating?

Also, when these kinds of things happen do people just stop going to work or school? Do you have a job, and if so has your work just shut down for the time being?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

I know that Crimea is important to Russia because it gives them access to the Black Sea, how big of a factor do you think that is? They obviously have other naval access points, and Crimea is only like the 4th largest, but do you think that Russia could see it as a military threat if losing it became a real possibility?

Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

Tankus posted:

The situation here is just absolutely hosed. I am totally shocked. The reports coming in from the Crimea are also grim. Denying entry to the Crimea to Ukrainian citizens, comandeering journalists equipment. Troop placement and helicopters coming in. Tanks rolling into Ukraine. Now Russia has declaired open season on Ukraine. The rest of the world just sits on its hands "tut-tut-tutting" The people here are disgusted and confused. I for one find it frightening that we live in a time where Europe would let this happen on its doorstep.

Russian choppers:
http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=287_1393605865

Former Georgian president talking about the Ukrainian invasion:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=79g5NeurQBk

poo poo, reading CNN had made it seem like Russia was making a play, but since I hadn't heard anything from you that it was just a bit of sensationalism.

In your opinion, what kind of response would you like from the EU (and the rest of the world)?

Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

I'm not alone in thinking that Tymoshenko is sexy, right?

• Locked thread