Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Namarrgon
Dec 23, 2008

Congratulations on not getting fit in 2011!
I think he means violence from the rebels' side.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Namarrgon
Dec 23, 2008

I considered mentioning that but I figured it would be the unpopular opinion. Nevertheless, I think you are right; there is nothing inherently better about a non-violent revolution.

Namarrgon
Dec 23, 2008

Police were just following orders man.

Namarrgon
Dec 23, 2008

Lord Windy posted:

I don't fully understand this but if both sides are terrible (Tymoshenko and Yanakovich) than what was this fight for?

It's not as if the choice is just between those two? They can elect other people?

Namarrgon
Dec 23, 2008

Noctis Horrendae posted:

E: IIRC marching into foreign territory with unmarked troops directly violates the Geneva Convention, can anyone confirm this? I'm way too excited about this - I really want to see Russia get stomped.

Don't be silly, war laws don't apply to the top dogs.

Namarrgon
Dec 23, 2008

Russia does not care about Georgia or the Ukraine, they are after you!

Namarrgon
Dec 23, 2008

Maidan has ministers, I'm pretty sure that makes a government. Unless you want to make the argument all the current minister positions are powerless.

Namarrgon
Dec 23, 2008

Ensign Expendable posted:

Also, Kiev's self defense force is armed pretty nicely with looted police equipment, which, of course, hasn't been returned.

Well, if you just overthrew a government and there hadn't been elections yet, would you?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Namarrgon
Dec 23, 2008

If there was no Russia situation I would agree, but considering part of the nation is loving occupied by a hostile foreign power I don't think trying to get some impromptu militias going is sign of a dictatorship.

• Locked thread