Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Informed Consent
Feb 24, 2014

I <3 Imp Zone

quote:

Mobby, the general feel here is that they are glad she is free, as she is a bit of a symbol, but most young people arent buying that she would be anything different. Something totally new needs to happen. People are saying to stay on Maidan and not leave, since thats where the power comes from, people not a politician. So far no one is really leading the pack in terms of being a leader of Ukraine. Elections are set for May, so I guess time will tell.
That's something I've always been wondering when reading the news.

Doesn't she have a past history of powermongering/abuse herself? How did she gain that martyr-touch? And excuse me if that is an ignorant question, I love the inside look you're giving us here

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Informed Consent
Feb 24, 2014

I <3 Imp Zone
So the gist of it is: Russian nationalists on the Krim (and maybe even eastern Ukraine) will enforce a referendum to join up with the motherland and the Russian army is only there to provide "security" around the voting-booths and ensure everything goes according to plan democratic principles, so that the "will of the people" is respected. I did not believe that kind of poo poo was still possible in the 21st century

And yeah, sorry for Godwin ;)

• Locked thread