Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tin Miss
Apr 8, 2009

Meow
I already can't stand Dannny Noriega Adore Delano. I have a feeling this is going to be a looooong season.

Nobody from this group really wowed me. Hopefully there'll be someone worth really rooting for in the next batch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tin Miss
Apr 8, 2009

Meow
Yes! This is what I'm talkin bout!

I was so disappointed after last week's lackluster bunch, but now I'm excited for Drag Race again.

Love Courtney's personality and fishiness (I'm a sucker for a fishy girl), but wasn't too impressed with her runway look.

Milk is very cute out of drag and I'm interested in seeing more of her quirky looks, so long as they're beardless. How tall is she anyway? She looked like an absolute giant standing next to the others on the runway.

I'm surprised that I actually like Bianca. She's just the right amount of cattiness without being too stank. Here's hoping she doesn't turn into a major bitch by the end of the season.

I really liked Trinity's runway look and feel like she should have won. Bianca's was pretty, but it was so simple. Trinity had some space age Yara Sofia poo poo going on there and it was amazing. I had pretty much dismissed her after hearing the "Kardashian" in her name, but now I might have to change my mind. We'll see how she goes. After all, even Coco impressed me with her look once and we all saw how that turned out.

Tin Miss
Apr 8, 2009

Meow
Wow, there are so many gorgeous girls I'm having a hard time picking my favourite.

I am in love with Milk's body, she's just so tall and graceful looking. I mean Alaska was tall and skinny and I loved her, but more in a "weird awkward creature" kind of way whereas Milk just looks so elegant, even when she's sporting a beard or Pinocchio nose. And she seems really down to earth and nice. I really hope she doesn't get caught up in some bitchy Rolaskatox crap. If she did start an "alliance" I'm hoping it would be with like minded nice girls Courtney and Ben. They could be the Anti-Heathers!

April is soooo pretty and she absolutely killed that lip synch. I just wish she could have done better in the challenge. I mean she got screwed over with the Duck Dynasty box and she turned it out, so why couldn't she do it with the lovely part she was given this time? I better not see you in the bottom two again, April, you're much better than that!

I thought I would hate Bianca, but I actually find her pretty entertaining, especially when she's putting Gia in her place. Bianca is funny and on point whereas Gia is just dumb and bitchy. I hope they're both around for the Snatch game as I'm sure there'll be a catfight. And I'm also certain that Gia will pull out some boring Kimora Lee/Kardashian look and be flatter than Coco's Janet Jackson. Just you wait.

I still don't understand all the love for Adore and I feel like she should have been in the bottom 2. She was the team captain, she gave April the sucky part and her runway look was not as good as April's. I don't know where the judges are getting "charming" from because all I see from her is screechy and immature.

At the moment Milk, Courtney, Ben, April and Bianca are at the top of my list and Gia, Adore and Laganja are at the bottom. I have a feeling Adore will be sticking around, but Laganja feels a bit like cannon fodder.

Tin Miss
Apr 8, 2009

Meow
You know as much as I hate Laganga's personality I have to admit that she is really pretty in drag. I also think she wins over Courntey for tightest tuck because Jesus, she was flat as a Ken doll down there in both the challenge and runway.

Joslyn is adorable and I'm thinking she might actually become my favourite barring any huge faux-pas. She was really good in the rap and I think she has more of a feminine figure than Courtney, yet she isn't always going on about her "body-ody-ody".

Ben really surprised me with the rap. I think Darienne made a big mistake just dismissing Ben when choosing people because she really turned it out. Yeah, so maybe girl doesn't have any street cred (and Laganga does?), but she's a solid performer and she's won two challenges so far. And I absolutely loved her runway outfit. She looked gorgeous and if it was on just the runway I think she definitely should have won over Adore.

Speaking of, I'm finally starting to see what everyone else saw in Adore. She's not as bitchy as I first thought she was and her talking heads are pretty amusing. Not to mention she killed it in the challenge. I think she's benefiting from Bianca's influence and distancing herself from the drama queen that is Laganga.

Everyone else was pretty meh for me. Courtney is fishy as hell, but she just doesn't impress in the runway. Yeah yeah, you're naked again, Snooooore. Like others have said Milk just wasn't polished enough to get away with being so kooky. Take a page from the book of Nina Flowers girl. You can be strange and still glamourous. It's too bad because she had some amazing legs and was really attractive out of drag. TKB is on borrowed time and good riddance with her defeatist attitude. Bianca got a little lost in the crowd this week which is too bad because she's awesome. Hopefully she'll stand out a little more next time.

Tin Miss
Apr 8, 2009

Meow

CHiRAL posted:

Laganja isn't pretty. She just has pretty outfits that are well fitted to her body. A good tailor is a girl's best friend Okurrrrr?

Well I think she has a pretty face. I like how she doesn't just rely on being fishy and understated like Courtney, but she also doesn't paint really harsh lines on her face. As much as I like Ben and Bianca, I'm not really a fan of their makeup.

But really her face is the only thing I like about her.

Tin Miss fucked around with this message at 17:40 on Apr 4, 2014

Tin Miss
Apr 8, 2009

Meow
I feel like this "Best Moments of Alyssa Edwards" video (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DIFqNXiA5kI) gives some insight into Laganja's affectations. She's not doing Laganja Estranja, she's doing Alyssa Edwards. Which makes some sense since Alyssa is her drag mother and Laganja seems to be a very insecure person. Instead of relying on her own personality to shine through, she's decided to imitate someone else and take it to the next annoying level.

The thing is, it works with Alyssa because that's just her natural personality to be an over the top caricature. She's weird and clueless all on her own, there's no effort involved. Laganja seems to be working extra hard to be what she thinks a drag queen should be and not just herself. Which is a shame because she's a pretty girl, she can move and she has some cool costumes, (I will agree with her that her looks are usually put together better than Adore's) but nobody is going to pay any attention to that when she's so goddamned annoying. I actually really liked her pink afro and rainbow outfit this week, but her comedy was awful and she definitely deserved to go home.

As for the others, I'm completely over Courtney and Darienne just needs to shut the gently caress up. I thought there must be more to Land o Lakes' hatred of Ben, but nope, when she was explaining it later it was literally just about that one comment Ben made about winning two challenges. I think maybe the producers were just fishing for drama because it seemed like it really came out of nowhere.

I loooove that Joslyn out-splitted Laganja and I'm so glad she stayed. She's just adorable and so nice, not to mention she has a bangin body. I couldn't believe how outright mean Cuntney was being to her. It's one thing to be a bit catty and play up the "Oh I'm the best one here" schtick but it's another to just cut down your teammate for no good reason, especially when you know they look up to you. Maybe she was possessed by the ghost of Roxxxy? I thought it was a stark contrast to sweet little Adore who was talking about how she was too polite to tell Laganja she sucked.

I'm starting to think Adore might be my favourite which is funny because I hated her in the beginning. But, like Bianca, she's not actually as bitchy as she seems. My dream Top 3 would be Bianca, Adore and Joslyn, but I know that'll never happen, so I'm gonna predict its Bianca, Adore and either Cuntney or TKB coming in as a dark horse. Ben should be there, but I feel like she's gotten too into her head now and ahaha like Darienne would ever get to Top 3.

Tin Miss fucked around with this message at 22:53 on Apr 9, 2014

Tin Miss
Apr 8, 2009

Meow
I was rewatching the lip-sync and I like how Courtney still refuses to give credit where credit is due. She says that both the girls just happened to do the splits at the same time without looking at each other, but if you watch you can see Joslyn look over at Laganja who's stretching out her leg in preparation and completely telegraphing her move. The way I saw it, Josyln knew what Laganja was going to do and decided to beat her to the punch. The fact that they both hit at the same time right on beat was just icing on the cake.

Tin Miss
Apr 8, 2009

Meow
Last week I said Joslyn might become my favourite barring any major faux-pas. Well, that was a major faux-pas. I didn't watch the interviews because I get second-hand embarrassment way too easily, so I only heard about what happened. Good God woman. I don't even know what the gently caress.

I love love loved Bianca's runway look. I usually don't care for her makeup at all, but she looked absolutely gorgeous this time around. Trinity was another one who looked beautiful and I can't believe she ended up in the bottom two. Josyln definitely deserved to be there. Or Darienne. I really didn't care for Ms. Lake's nippley bedsheet and I wouldn't have minded her in the bottom two as well.

That being said, Adore and Trinity gave us an AMAZING lip sync. Just wow, that was so good. I can't imagine getting the same energy from a Josyln and Darienne battle, so at least that was the silver lining.

I wasn't all that impressed with Cuntney's look. Yeah, the wings were cool, but the rest of the outfit looked clunky and ill-fitting. Ben's fly definitely should have won. Not only was it a cool costume, but it was also sexy and her makeup was great. I can't comment on her interview since I didn't watch it, but she seemed to have good reviews from Chaz and Georgia.

Overall a good episode. Now Joslyn just needs to pull it together long enough to send Darienne packing.

Tin Miss
Apr 8, 2009

Meow
So I've been re-watching Season 4 and I have to say, I think it's probably the worst season. I stopped watching half-way through when it first aired, so I decided to watch it again now to see if maybe I had judged it unfairly. And no. I think it was a valid decision. Here's what I didn't like:

- The criminal under-usage and poor editing of Willam. Willam is super funny, but only when you understand what he's about. I didn't know who he was when I first watched it and with the editing and lack of talking heads in the beginning I just saw him as an arrogant bitch. I feel like it's only around the boat challenge that we really get to see more of Willam, but sadly I had stopped watching by then.

- The overall bitchiness, mostly coming from Phi Phi. I remembered Phi Phi being bad, but even still I was surprised at her "Party City" outburst. I think the difference between her and another mean girl like Roxxxy is that Phi Phi seems really aggressive about it. Roxxxy was a oval office and a half, but she always seemed to at least be trying to be funny about it and didn't take it seriously. I feel like Phi Phi might actually cut a bitch.

- The worst challenges of any season. The wrestling challenge was really stupid as was the boat building. (Although Latrice and Willam definitely turned it out) Tuckahoe wasn't particularly funny either, save for Latrice. And that was the worst Snatch Game. I mean Season 5's wasn't that great, but it was nowhere close to Phi Phi and Kenya's fuckery. It wasn't just unfunny, it was painful to watch.

- Too many annoying/clueless queens and too many cringe-worthy moments of second hand embarrassment. Madame Laqueer, Milan, Jiggly, the Princess; all of them just seemed way out of their league and it was awful watching them flounder around.

Now that being said, I am still entertained so I guess the show did its job. I just feel like there's no queen I'm really rooting for and the level of talent just doesn't seem the same as other seasons. Chad, Willam and Latrice are great, but there's something about Sharon that puts me off. I mean obviously when you're put up against Phi Phi O'Hara you're gonna come off as the better person, but she's too...smug, maybe? for me to really see her as a favourite. But I'm only at Episode 6 so I'll watch more and maybe I'll change my mind.

One funny thing, when all the queens came out in the beginning I actually said "Who?" at Alisa Summers. Oops, sorry girl. I had completely forgotten about her.

Tin Miss
Apr 8, 2009

Meow
Season 5 is definitely my favourite. Alaska and Jinkx were both super charming and talented and it was nice to see another non-pageant queen win. (Even though I think it should have been Alaska as well)

Roxxxy was a bitch, but still beautiful, unlike wonky-eyelash Phi Phi. (Her Mexican outfit was gorgeous and I loved her blazer/Mohawk thing) Detox was polished and obviously quite talented and while the Coco/Alyssa drama was stupid they were also super talented and great at lip-synching.

Ivy may not have been as experienced as the rest, but she was a pleasure to watch with her good attitude and creative abilities and Vivienne and Honey were boring, but that resulted in an awesome and well-deserved double elimination that seemed to shock just about everyone.

The only person who really didn't fit was Serena Cha Cha and she was mercifully cut early on. (Would have been even earlier if Penny had remembered the drat words!)

fake edit: Okay, so Monica wasn't really on the same level either, but her coming out got me all emotional so I'll give her a pass.

Tin Miss
Apr 8, 2009

Meow
I don't get Untucked. :(

I'm still slogging my way through Season 4 and I just...why did they have to be pregnant? Seriously, WTF? Also, the political challenge was so boring I skipped right to the runway. And then they were dressed like dogs? I stand by my "worst challenges ever". At least Season 5's candy making challenge made sense fashion-wise. "Dog park realness?" Really?

Phi Phi is unbearable now that we're down to so few girls. They way she freaked out over Sharon saying she's too cutthroat on the runway, it's like CHILL girl. I'm kind of glad I don't get Untucked because I'm sure she's even more abrasive backstage. And the worst part is she's actually making me like Roxxxy now. I mean at least Roxxxy didn't look like a burnt ham with conjunctivitis. I honestly can't tell the difference between Phi Phi's "funny" Chola look she did in the music challenge and the rest of her drag. In the words of Alyssa Edwards "Girl, look how loving orange you look girl!"

Definitely looking forward to tonight's episode as a palette cleanser. Might watch some Beatdown too for good measure. I'm loving #Holepic.

Tin Miss
Apr 8, 2009

Meow
I couldn't really tell if Darienne was doing a better job than Ben in the lipsync because I was too distracted by the sagging nylon sock she was wearing. I feel like the fact that all three of her looks were absolutely awful in every single way should have been reason enough to send her home.

I mean yes Ben's was pretty similar to things she's worn before, but the execution and concept was miles ahead of Darienne's sparkly garbage bag. Speaking of, how come no one's clocked her for always wearing sparkle bags? They got on Ben and Bianca's case, but had nothing to say about Darienne being predictable. Maybe because they know she can't really wear anything else with her shape and don't want to call attention to it?

Seriously, I don't think I've seen a worse outfit this far into the competition. Why was the crotch so low on the dress? It looked really out of place. Was it to compensate for her belly? You know, I'm all for bigger girls coming on the show, but how about ones who know how to dress for their shape and don't just drape swaths of fabric across themselves and call it a day? Or maybe get a big girl who's actually curvy and not just a big wide blob shape who likes to hide everything with sparkle muu-muus. Okay that may sound mean, but considering the girls always rag on Adore for having a "hog body", I don't think I'm being too harsh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tin Miss
Apr 8, 2009

Meow
I really love Adore, but I hate her ombre wigs. I think she'd look a lot better in some big Alaska backcombed wigs instead. Can we get Alaska to style her? Actually I'd just love to see Adore and Alaska together, they'd be so fun.

It's funny how I hated Adore in the first episode and now she's my favourite. She's just really genuine and like she said, relatable. My first impression of her was "sassy little bitch", but she seems actually very sweet. I especially liked her comment about not saying anything mean about Laganja's bad ideas and she really tugged on the ol' heartstrings when she had her breakdown in the sewing challenge. She apologized for crying "all the time", but I think she's done just enough crying. It shows she's a real person and not just a perfect robot, like some other Courtney contestants.

I really do like Bianca, but I'm gonna have to go with Team Adore.

• Locked thread