Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

Bina posted:

When will Logo upload the episode & untucked online?

I HATE the video player on Logo!

The commercials play just fine. But the page resets 3 or 4 times before it'll actually play the episode.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

Creative way to address her being kicked off, I liked the line "don't you know who I think I am", and the Tammie Brown cameo was a nice surprise, but at 3 minutes and 30 seconds, it was like 2 minutes and 30 seconds too long.

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

Propaganda Machine posted:

For all the shade Trinity got for being "over it" this week, that lip sync was loving fabulous. She's not one of my top contenders, but I hope she continues to rock it.

Trinity did do great on the runway, but her attitude is really just killing me. The girls who always complain about how this isn't what they do, and how they aren't good at this, they just need to get with the program and just get over it and do it.

I don't really understand what happened with April. I thought she was one of the more talented girls there, and definitely the fishiest even while playing the butch queen, but the judges just seemed to be coming for her the whole time. The editing just didn't show the justification for their harshness to me.

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

Ghostpilot posted:

Vivacious' accoutrements were an important part to her drag and, more importantly, there was a reason behind them: they were representations of classic drag.

See, this is what I really disagree about Vivacious. She is messy. Really messy. She claims she's a club kid, and represents old school drag. RuPaul was a club kid 25 years ago. And then RuPaul got sober. Vivacious, to me, seems like she was simply around the club kids. The club kids moved on, and Vivacious is still here nearly 30 years later claiming to be one. We saw it with her poor attempt at schooling the girls in vogueing in Untucked. Her runway looks were atrocious, and were a classic case of just a man in a dress. She never stood a chance on the show. She knew it, and RuPaul knew it, and frankly I'm surprised that so many people have become such fans of such a messy queen simply because she has some years in the bag. I get that she certainly has a respect for a certain era of drag. I just don't think she does it well. RuPaul and Michelle Visage were there. They get the aesthetic that Vivacious was going for. It still didn't help her.

Nihonniboku fucked around with this message at 13:55 on Mar 31, 2014

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!
It's been said before, but Joslyn Fox continues to impress me with each episode, and is a surprising solid lock for the top five.

Also, what is Trinity's forte exactly?

Edit: Milk is likely going home soon, but her runway look tonight was her best so far. At least he can go home to his even hotter boyfriend.

Nihonniboku fucked around with this message at 02:44 on Apr 1, 2014

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

Tin Miss posted:

Ben really surprised me with the rap. I think Darienne made a big mistake just dismissing Ben when choosing people because she really turned it out. Yeah, so maybe girl doesn't have any street cred (and Laganga does?), but she's a solid performer and she's won two challenges so far. And I absolutely loved her runway outfit. She looked gorgeous and if it was on just the runway I think she definitely should have won over Adore.

Well, it was entirely personal and strategic on Darienne's part. I don't really get where it's coming from, but Darienne suddenly has it out for Ben, so not only did she not want her on her team, she picked who she thought all the strongest performers were for her team, and stuck Ben with who she saw as the losers. She wants Ben off the show.

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!
Trinity really turned it around these last two episodes. I totally had no idea that she had it in her. Has there ever been a contestant who has turned it around like she did? Granted, she has done well in just two episodes, but still.

Darienne is this season's PhiPhi.

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

Fresh Like Zafo posted:

I'm really happy she's gone. Her affectations were really grating and it was kinda cathartic to see the rest of the queens call her out on it.

I think Ru called it best when LaGanga was saying that she speaks like that all the time and everybody loves her, to which Ru said, "Girl, that's the night club." I'm sure on stage that worked great, especially with people knowing that she is Alyssa's daughter and Shangela's sister. Having to listen to somebody speak that way 24/7 isn't even the problem. It's just the way that LaGanga did it, it sounded so forced and fake. She just didn't seem like a genuine person, even to Adore who has known her for years.

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

Chaotic Flame posted:

Now that Laganja is gone, I'm ready to get rid of Darienne. Girl is just toxic. Who holds a grudge because someone was a little braggy for this long?

Either she is a nutcase, or they are heavily editing the episodes to cut out Ben's apparent bragging.

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

QuickbreathFinisher posted:

:cawg: I love you.

So what's everyone's picks for All Stars 2? I'm assuming past winners and people who were on the first All Stars can't compete, although I have no basis for that.

My roster is:
Alaska Thunderfuck
Willam
Shangela
Detox
Jiggly Caliente
Stacey Layne Matthews
Alyssa Edwards
Morgan McMichaels
Ongina
Jade (season 1, not Jade Jolie)
Trinity K Bonet (get back here girl)
Tatianna
PhiPhi O'hara (I'm not kidding. She's awesome live and I think she should get another chance to not look like a giant rear end in a top hat on national TV)

I think Jujubee should come back too. But just because she's the best. :colbert:

That's a pretty solid list, although I'd nix Stacey and Jade.

And they shouldn't even bother if they are going to do teams again. Because, gently caress that poo poo.

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

spite house posted:

This is a pretty solid list, except I'd swap Jade Jolie for Queen of Basic s1 Jade.

Yea, Jade Jolie is definitely the superior Jade. She could have used a bit of editing of her looks, but she had personality for days, but was just tripped up a bit by that singing challenge.

spite house posted:

If they do the stupid team thing again, I'd love to see her paired with someone like Alaska or Shangela, someone with confidence for days and a really well-refined drag personality. That would be hella fun to watch.

Then I'd expect Alaska or Shangela to not stand a chance at winning. The girls with confidence issues like Stacey's always break under the pressure of the show, and she'll drag her partner down with them. Her Snatch Game win should have been enough to propel her for at least a few more episodes, but apparently it just wasn't happening with her.

CHiRAL posted:

I would take out all of the queens that annoy/bore me (vague on purpose), and add Detox, April, Vivienne Pinay,and of course Mimi Imfurst.

Vivienne Pinay, the girl who was so boring that Ru just couldn't even bother with, and sent home as part of the only double elimination ever? I just don't see that happening.

April I'd love to see more of. She had some really great looks, and I don't think she had a fair shot.

Mimi's had her shot though twice. Just, no more. Please. She may be intelligent, but she is really, really irritating, and doesn't seem to understand how to interact with other people.

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

CaptainScraps posted:

You need to watch Alyssa's Secret to love Vivi.

Meh, I saw the one posted above with her. Still sporting shopping mall chic, and still has a flat personality. She definitely thinks she has what it takes, but, it just falls flat for me every time.

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

spite house posted:

So, here's a question; if you had to recommend one season to someone who was totally new to the show, which would it be? I was thinking 4 because there were so many great moments and Sharon hadn't fallen from grace yet, but Tin Miss makes a good point about the weak challenges. I'd blocked out the loving boats.

No season is perfect. But, I've shown various friends each season at random points, and they're always drawn in.

Except season 1. Ru hadn't taken her claws out just yet.

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

Pinwiz11 posted:

We're really fortunate that the casting has been so good this year as the show has become more and more popular. I'll say it again: if Dar is the villain this season then we're lucky. I still shudder when I think of all that Heathers bullshit.

I think I've been too quick to cast Darienne as a villain. Her hatred of Ben has just been a bit bewildering to me. It just seems very arbitrary and petty.

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!
Adore and her bride's looks were both really quite awful, but she did an incredible job at that lip sync. I'm going to miss Joslyn Fox. I really was not feeling her at all in the Meet the Queens video, but I think she is a very strong contender for Miss Congeniality.

This is really probably the tightest top five that they've ever had. I could really see any of them making it to the top five, and if it weren't for Darienne's villain edit for a few episodes there, I'd say that I could easily see any of them winning.

Bianca is going to win.

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

Bina posted:

Can we not post who gets to pack at least until the online episode airs?

Kind-of a bummer for me. :sigh:

Pigasus posted:

I agree with Bina! These spoilers took away the suspense for me as well. :(

They're not spoilers if the episode has already aired. I didn't even post my thoughts during the episode, the episode was already, completely over. As far as I know, no other TVIV thread operates by the standard that you two are asking for, nor has this thread ever operated this way as far as I remember.

If you know that the episode is aired, and you want to avoid finding out what happened, then you should probably avoid threads and other RuPaul centric sites until you do get around to watching it. Otherwise, you risk ruining things yourself.

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!
I cannot express enough how nice it is that the top queens seem to really enjoy each other. The negativity is really draining normally.

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

Maera Sior posted:

June 7 at Town. Apparently they'll be doing a second show at 1am.

Ugh, if only it weren't Town.

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

Cocks Cable posted:

Is there supposed to be a 2nd All-Stars or did I just dream that up?

Yes, there will be, but they are waiting a bit before they do another one.

Also, here's to hoping they don't do teams this time.

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

angerbot posted:

nice, I hope they post the roster soon, be fun to see who's on this year and if some of the rumours are true.

They usually release the cast in December.

But, I don't plan on reading too much on the queens beforehand. The last few seasons, the hands down favorites beforehand were people like Lineysha Spark and Laganga Estranja, who absolutely sucked on the show.

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

dude789 posted:

Yeah, Lineysha had some bad luck when she was eliminated. Snatch game has always been a rough spot for Puerto Rican queens, and she seemed like a good lip syncher but went up against Detox in a song that perfectly fit her gimmick.

Some queens just aren't made for Drag Race. They could be fierce as gently caress in the night club, but that doesn't necessarily mean they will be successful on the show.

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

Pinwiz11 posted:

Probable cast photo here. Spoilers, obs.

I expect the full cast will be announced soon.

e: Or, the official announcement. http://www.newnownext.com/all-the-queens-of-rupauls-drag-race-season-7-revealed/12/2014/

Not the best announcement they've done. I feel like they are all referencing previous queens in this photo. I'm looking forward to the first video to get a good glimpse at the queens.

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

spite house posted:

Meet the Queens videos here.

http://www.logotv.com/video/misc/1103166/season-seven-sleuthing.jhtml

Everybody looks like a Family Dollar version of a previous contestant. This is going to be a mess.

Totally. Everything is wrong with these Meet the Queen videos. Some of these girls do not know how to respond to these routine questions in any manner of the sense. And the lighting is terrible.

Pearl's look is very Serena ChaCha. And her favorite queen is Nicole Page Brooks. Not a good start. But at least she's funny.

It is nice though that they have moved away from established NYC and LA queens. It seems like at least half these queens are from smaller cities in middle America.

Nihonniboku fucked around with this message at 15:15 on Dec 8, 2014

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

Flyinglemur posted:

Girlfriend says she saw last week that this year's RPDR has been delayed until March because Visage is doing Big Brother.

No confirmation though she says she told me this when she read it. She might have, I'm old and don't brain good some days.

I don't know why that would have anything to do with anything. Filming on Drag Race was done months ago, whereas Big Brother is filmed live.

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

Tendai posted:

I decided to re-watch season 2 since the first time I watched it I was stoned out of my mind on painkillers post-surgery and couldn't really remember anything.

How the hell did Tyra win?

I mean, really.

Each season is filmed over the course of only a couple of weeks. I really think the first couple of years, Ru didn't look at any of the footage before making her decision, and didn't really have any idea that the fans would be so opinionated about who they felt should win. I think this really contributed to why they decided to announce the winner live, and not just because it leaked in advance that Raja won season 3, although that was certainly a major factor.

So with Tyra, what Ru saw was an incredibly polished queen who was willing to go all the way to get what she wanted, e.g. hot gluing bits of fabric to her skin. I don't believe Ru saw any of the talking head moments, or any of the interaction with the other queens. So, Ru didn't know that Tyra basically had no personality other than "annoying" and that the other queens generally disliked her.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!
In other news, Dick Cheney's lesbian daughter recently compared drag to blackface.

Nihonniboku fucked around with this message at 05:49 on Jan 31, 2015

• Locked thread