Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
I wonder if there isn't a crew or two out there trying to crack the 360 already. Hexcores will be replacing quad-cores probably even within the next two or three years, if sooner, and I'm fairly certain there have been octocores for industrial applications for some time now. I've had mine since '08 so it's statistically spiraling towards rrod'ing, I don't think I have it in me to get another one, and I'm most certainly not getting a XBox Keanu Reeves.

Hz so good posted:

The Xbox Dpad was always notoriously loose. I don't know if that ever got resolved by 3rd parties, but the dpad was a constant debated between PS2 and Xbox owners.
Never. The only third-party 360 pads made were shoddy knockoffs. Say what you will about the Microsoft-made D-pads (which can apparently be improved with some instructions, solder, determination, and a willingness to void your factory warranty), but those things are "Nintendo-tough." I wouldn't be surprised if my wired controller from MS still works in a decade, that's some Ozymandias poo poo right there.

Fur20 fucked around with this message at 20:47 on Feb 21, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
^ :hf: sup giant hands bro

AtrociousToaster posted:

If you don't mind throwing down 60 bucks for it, the Dualshock 4 is fantastic. I've been using it for emulation as well as PC games and I love it. Unfortunately most PC games only accept Xinput so you still need software to remap the controls, but I believe it would work fine with most emulators out of the box since they allow you to easily bind controls.
I dunno, I really liked the weight of the 360 pad. I have big dopey mitts, so the fit is pretty perfect. Of course, the N64 controller was also a fairly good fit for my huge hands and I have to hook my pinky to hit Ctrl on a full-size keyboard comfortably, so I could just be the video game controller equivalent of those weirdoes who hang out on college campuses screaming at brown people about how they're going to hell for not being white, except I'm marginalizing people with regular-sized hands.

Parlett316 posted:

It just seemed that the angle movement would be hosed. Maybe a hacked up SNES controller to XBox would work.
SNES was good for what it was, but gently caress, that D-pad is a thumb-buster if you mash it like I do (and if you're bad at Mario but insist on playing it, you mash the hell out of it for all the tension). Sony has the right idea: soft edges, tight response. Too bad the rest of their pad is kind of unimpressive, to me.

Fur20 fucked around with this message at 21:44 on Feb 21, 2014

• Locked thread