Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax

Ramagamma posted:

After I built a gaming PC, I thought it would be rad as poo poo to run some of my PS2 games at insane resolutions. Tried Klonoa 2: Lunateas Veil and it ran relatively smoothly but with graphical errors here and there. Just decided to plug in the old PS2 and do it classic style.

Emulation stopped being cool when I realised I didn't want to replay the JRPGs of my youth again.

PS2 games are pretty dang hard to emulate and from my experience it's just easier to go find a ps2 at a flea market or in your closet or something. My computer can handle wii games at 1080p fine no problem but can't even do ps2 games at native res save for a few really simple games like amplitude

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax

Hz so good posted:

What are you're system specs? I can run a good portion of my PS2 library quite well, I just run into odd visual artifacting and some games diplaying multiple green vertical lines. That could be my AMD vid driver, though. The newest Catalyst driver is a BETA for the Mantle rollout, and I'm loathe to use it yet.

The PS2 game that just shits the bed all over the place is Battle Engine Aquila. I'm guessing that one is very low on the totem pole to be fixed.

Phenom II X3, 6870 and 4 gigs of ram. Yeah it's pretty poo poo and if you have a new-ish computer it'll probably be fast enough to do ps2 games

nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax

Hz so good posted:

I *almost* got into Wii emulation, but having to get an aftermarket sensorbar, and Wiimotes/Nunchucks just seemed like a huge pain.

That said, I did fire a few ISOs up, like SMG, and they seemed to work A-OK.

I was always more interested in hacking my Wii, so I could play point & click Lucasarts games on it.

Games that don't require a wiimote work fine like xenoblade or monster hunter, just use a dualshock or 360 pad. Well there's probably better and easier ways to play monster hunter than the outdated wii version but when i was emulating it MH3 was ~super new and fancy~

• Locked thread