Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Walton Simons
May 16, 2010

ELECTRONIC OLD MEN RUNNING THE WORLD
I managed to run Metal Gear Solid 3 at 4x native res with an i5-2500k@4.4GHz, it looked great, CPU is so important.

I've been told that real-time Xbox 360 and PS3 emulation will never, ever happen, even taking into account advances in CPUs over the next decade. How come? I'm sure I remember there being similar noises about the PS2 when it was the newest thing.

Trying PS2 emulation for the first time, I was running a 2.53GHz P4. It didn't go too well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Walton Simons
May 16, 2010

ELECTRONIC OLD MEN RUNNING THE WORLD

Parker Lewis posted:

To answer my own question: PCSX2 has similar features for rendering PS2 games at a higher internal resolution and makes things like Metal Gear Solid 2 look pretty great. I tried God of War 2 on it and it looked better than the actual God of War 2 HD remake that I played on PS3.

Between PS2, GameCube, Wii and PSP games, I have a whole lot of new (old) games to add to my backlog now that I can play them all as "HD remakes".

Metal Gear Solid 3 looked incredible on a 1440p monitor and in 4x native res with AA/AF.

I've only just found out that Wipeout Pulse recieved a PS2 release so that's going on my list.

• Locked thread