Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rookersh
Aug 19, 2010
Yeah, I just ran my copy of Chibi-Robo on Dolphin 4.0-865. Seems to work fine in both OpenGL and Direct3D with the default Dolphin specs. When does it hardlock for you?

Rookersh fucked around with this message at 05:32 on Feb 21, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rookersh
Aug 19, 2010

Hz so good posted:

When the family opens up chibo robo out of the box, during the intro

Yeah not getting that. Check to make sure the file isn't corrupt I guess. What are your settings?

As for the rest of the games listed. Luigi's Mansion should work flawlessly outside of no shadows. Killer7 used to have an issue with blood not collecting, but that was fixed in recent version of Dolphin ( 4.0 and up ). Billy Hatcher and Baten Kaitos both work perfectly for me, so not sure what kind of issues you could be having with them.

Rebel Strike and Rogue Leader are no go's right now for anybody. Factor7 are basically techwizards, and emulating their games is about on par with emulating 360/Ps3 games, ie it'll be awhile.

Did you modify the Dolphin settings at all? I made a fresh install of 4.0 just to check these, as I've been modifying my settings for various games. The default Dolphin settings played all the games with no issues.

Rookersh
Aug 19, 2010

Hz so good posted:

I was switching between DX9 and DX11, and when certain games would show some odd anomaly, I'd try using the tweaks one by one. I may've goofed something up there. I'll try reinstalling Dolphin 4 tomorrow, and leave everything default, and see what happens.

I'm not even sure if 4.0+ offers DX9/11 anymore. I believe they dropped 9 back at the 4.0 launch. Or at least that's my only options, Direct3D/OpenGL.

Are you sure you are running an up to date version of Dolphin? You want to be downloading from https://dolphin-emu.org/, not http://www.dolphin-emulator.com/

Rookersh
Aug 19, 2010

general chaos posted:

Doesn't the atmosphere in Luigi's Mansion hinge on the shadows? Probably not worth playing without them, right?

I never had a Gamecube, or played Luigi's Mansion back in the day, but it's still a really fun video game without them? I can tell something is missing, but the core game is solid enough on it's own I guess.

Hog Butcher posted:

Killer7 is playable on PCSX2 and should be played there.

Killer7 was fixed on Dolphin recently. It's now the definitive version. This might just be my bias towards Dolphin though, almost everything works out of the gate on Dolphin, while even with excessive tweaking I still have problems with many Ps2 games.

• Locked thread