Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Hz so good posted:

I didn't rip the GC games myself. Those came from various sources, and other users there attests that they tested fine, and worked great for them. Gimme a little while, and I'll post links of the games on PCSX2 and Dolphin giving me trouble.

Here's an idea: Talk about the emulators and try not to talk about where you got the ROMs from, otherwise we're getting into piracy talk.

Hz so good posted:

I forgot about the graphics issues I had with Klonoa 2. I hope they're resolved in the latest PCSX2.

And one thing you're missing about Emulation, is that it's not just about JRPGs. I mainly use it for games/consoles that were stolen, so I never had a chance to finish them, and for things like fighting games and SHMUPS, since I've had a devil of a time getting MAME to accept the ROMs/CHDs I've found. Constant "files missing" errors. So frustrating!

Eventually, I'd love a few MAME cabinets. 2 player for fighting games, 2-4 player for classic beat 'em ups (Ninja Baseball Batman, FTW!), and a vertical oriented one for classic CAVE shmups.

Also, nobody needs to know or cares about your own personal use of what you use the emulators for so if you want this thread to stay around, keep it focused on emulators in general, not the ROMs, what you use them for and where you get them from.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Hz so good posted:

Yo, MODs! If this thread has crossed the line, or any unwritten (but understood rules), feel free to delete it.

The only "unwritten" rule is openly discussing where to obtain ROMs, linking to them and insinuating that you own the ROMs without owning the original format (ie piracy). Aside from that talking about emulators if perfectly kosher and we actually have a thread or two about Dolphin and another emulator, I believe.

• Locked thread