Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Parker Lewis
Jan 4, 2006

Can't Lose

I've just started playing around with Dolphin and I'm amazed at how good old Wii and even GameCube games look on it.

I had gotten about 2 hours into Metal Gear Solid (PSOne version) on my PS3/Vita when I remembered that it had been ported to the GameCube as Metal Gear Solid: Twin Snakes. Now I'm playing Metal Gear Solid at 1440p60 with AA turned on and it's an enormous improvement.

I'd never heard of PPSSPP but it looks like that will be next on my list to check out as I never had a PSP and the only game I've played for it was Persona 3 Portable on my Vita.

Other than Dolphin and PPSSPP are there other emulators for old systems that will upscale games/textures in a similar way?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Parker Lewis
Jan 4, 2006

Can't Lose

Parker Lewis posted:

I've just started playing around with Dolphin and I'm amazed at how good old Wii and even GameCube games look on it.

I had gotten about 2 hours into Metal Gear Solid (PSOne version) on my PS3/Vita when I remembered that it had been ported to the GameCube as Metal Gear Solid: Twin Snakes. Now I'm playing Metal Gear Solid at 1440p60 with AA turned on and it's an enormous improvement.

I'd never heard of PPSSPP but it looks like that will be next on my list to check out as I never had a PSP and the only game I've played for it was Persona 3 Portable on my Vita.

Other than Dolphin and PPSSPP are there other emulators for old systems that will upscale games/textures in a similar way?

To answer my own question: PCSX2 has similar features for rendering PS2 games at a higher internal resolution and makes things like Metal Gear Solid 2 look pretty great. I tried God of War 2 on it and it looked better than the actual God of War 2 HD remake that I played on PS3.

Between PS2, GameCube, Wii and PSP games, I have a whole lot of new (old) games to add to my backlog now that I can play them all as "HD remakes".

• Locked thread