Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sharktopus
Aug 9, 2006

I have a tv tuner *TRIGGER WARNING*dongle*TRIGGER WARNING* and want to start recording some of hte local airwaves. My tuner has a big band gap though and also only goes up to 1ghz or something. Is there any cheap hardware that will get into the 2.4ghz range?

The master plan here is to try and accumulate a data set of radio broadcasts and see if I can do some speech to text

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sharktopus
Aug 9, 2006

longview posted:

what do you want to pick up at 2.4 GHz? there are no analog broadcasts to pick up above the 23cm band (and that's not exactly crowded) that I know of, if you want people talking I'd start at 144 MHz and 430 MHz and tune up the repeaters there

Oh yeah I guess nobody has cordless home phones anymore anyways

I also have one of these transceivers http://processors.wiki.ti.com/index.php/EZ430-Chronos but i've yet to get it working anywhere. I wanted to use it with rfcat but got sidetracked/lazy

I'm looking to use two receivers and write some code to follow the local pd/fire/muni channels that are in the clear

• Locked thread