Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

PuTTY riot posted:

i read the whole thing and ur the best jonny

agreedo

makes me want to watch frequency again because i like technology and also people who make cheesy films about said technology

1.21 gigahertz!?!?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Jonny 290 posted:

Coming back to this - didnt forget about you.

I don't really know! But last night I got so deep in the satellite books that I taught myself what Lagrangian points are and now I want to join AMSAT (the amateur radio satellite org) and hook them up with some 2.0 millionaires who want to get press. They need like 5 million bucks to launch Phase 3E (the next wave of high orbit satellite) and its been just loving sitting in project hell for literally ten years now. thing is huge, will require a big rocket and a boost up to a big orbit

of course any 2.0 millionaire is going to not be altruistic at all so it won't work. sorry we're not going to put streaming ads or your companys name on it

Anyways i'm going to see if anybody is doing amateur radioastronomy stuff. As long as you can get some sort of receiver set up for the proper frequencies theres no reason you cant point an old TVRO dish at the sky and see what you hear

convince them that you're going to put *famous dead science guy*'s ashes into a non decaying orbit

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe
why do i always learn about science guys dying on this forum

:rip: harold ramis

• Locked thread