Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PuTTY riot
Nov 16, 2002

tumor looking batty posted:

yo uall have aids

no, we are virgins

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PuTTY riot
Nov 16, 2002

longview posted:

I've never programmed any of my radios via the keypad, programming cables are cheap

💯

PuTTY riot
Nov 16, 2002

Boody posted:

i got my uk class b license back in 90's and let it expire after finding the internet. this thread lead to me recently got license reinstated (getting c&g cert reissued was a pain). Since then been struggling to find an affordable dual band transceiver in the uk, anyone got recommendations for places to check? ebay uk prices are stupid, hamradiodeals apparently decent but admin seems reluctant to register new people unless someone vouches for them.

I'm not familiar with the UK, but here hamfests are your #1 best resource for cheap gear. Otherwise you're stuck with swap.qth and qrz classifieds. There are scammers out there, get them to take a picture of the radio with a fork inside of a coffee cup next to it or something random like that.

PuTTY riot
Nov 16, 2002
thanks to this thread im gonna drill a hole in a perfectly good vehicle roof tmw.

PuTTY riot
Nov 16, 2002

Beast of Bourbon posted:

if amateur radio is amateur, what is professional radio

when there's money involved. I can only talk about selling poo poo if it's like radios and antennas, and that's about it.

also I can't use it to talk to my coworker across town about work either or use it as dispatch or w/e.

PuTTY riot
Nov 16, 2002
bumping this thread to report my first mobile hf qso. good poo poo. ignition noise is a [gendered insult].

PuTTY riot
Nov 16, 2002
I bought a ft-60 today. I'll post again when it comes in. it was $165 at the hamfest I went to today. I didn't want to haggle over $15 just to pay sales tax anyway. but I also got a mfj 5/8 wave 2m / 6m whip with a nmo magmount. hamfest was kind of a disappointment otherwise but it's hard when ur wife and kid are with u. kid got a bubble gun that's shaped like a killer whale lol

PuTTY riot
Nov 16, 2002
it's kinda hosed up that sniep and 290 don't get any extra FD points for not using Dino juice and a generator imho. other than the "make 5 contacts with solar battery poo poo" bonus thing. y'all should have a different classification

PuTTY riot
Nov 16, 2002
ic-7300 imho

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PuTTY riot
Nov 16, 2002

Star War Sex Parrot posted:

made a few quick-and-dirty monopoles for ~9.35 gHz to test some stuff in the lab. I'll see if they actually work this weekend, hopefully

wanted to try making discones but just don't have the time. I should be getting some that I purchased in the mail next week

lol

also that owns

• Locked thread