Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

this thread is really loving cool.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

i learned a lot fo stuff reading it thus far and that allowed some other stuff to click into place too.

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

Jonny 290 posted:

honestly i am still trying to slog through all the 'unattended station' rules because i want to build a simplex repeater, and want to make sure it's done legally

another example of FASCIST GOVERNMENT REGULATIONS keeping down the hard-working business-man THANKS OBAMA

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

hello

i live near two hospitals, a fire station, a television broadcaster, and an airport about 2.5 miles away (crow-wise). the military is about 4 miles out.

i don't know whether all of that means that i should or tha ti shouldn't bother with some sort of 'my first radio' setup

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

gently caress

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

i found out today that california has a number of special interest plates that can't be ordered online; one needs to provide documentation and proof of entitlement.

here is the list of plates for which the state of california demands that you prove your poo poo:

Amateur Radio, Antique Motorcycle, Congressional Medal of Honor, Gold Star Family, Historical Vehicle, Honorary Consul, Horseless Carriage, Legion of Valor, Pearl Harbor Survivor, Purple Heart Recipient, and Press Photographer License Plates

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

somebody's triggered

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

Jonny 290 posted:

sniep and i are playing with slow scan tv today

he received this on 20 meters from me across town

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

build a directional EMF weapon that fries their gear, that's totally a thing you can do right

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

is that a printout or is it embossed

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

lol, cat view

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

so, um... should i be concerned about this?

https://twitter.com/aurahack/status/832320270278983681

• Locked thread