Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
I'll keep this open but i'm going into FCC hiding (thank god i did not update my address when we moved recently), cancelled my weekly net and all the radios are being boxed up for a while. A bunch of white supremacists here in Denver have my callsign and I fear for the future.

No reason to build a station to just hear more of the things that are about to surround us in every day life.

I'm sick.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
1500 bucks is pretty much open season for all the mid-tier radios.

If you don't need 2 meters and want a new rig, i will throw in a bid for the FTDX 1200. Sniep has one and it is pretty much the stone nuts for HF and 6. Prices are good right now.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
I'm calmed down a real bit. My hobbies have shifted a little bit buying a pistol this week/end but i won't lie i havent ebayed all the rigs yet.

The suggestions to play digital stuff are pretty good and i might just pack up the microphones instead.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
that sounds like some trans-equatorial jam, hell yes. very nice

E-skip season is upon us. Keep an ear on 10 meters (and 6) if you have it. Remember there is a very active beacon band 28.200 to 28.300

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
radio.garden owns and i've been screaming for years that HRD is hot garbage

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
^^ such an ill setup, i love it

Updates: Have installed a 100 foot ladder-line doublet, 125feet to the feed. Playing nicely. Even tunes on 75! Keeping ladder line taut but a foot from any metal is a pain in the rear end when you're surrounded by chain link and live in an all-metal building

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
Negatory. Sadly it needs a bit of free air around it for pretty much the whole run. I've got it tensioned between trees and stuff, and salvaged some old wooden fence posts to keep it away from the chain link.

If you wanna do a non-resonant doublet and bury the feed, my suggestion is to get a run of siamesed (2 runs side by side) of RG6 75-ohm coax. Connect the shields together at both ends, connect the shield to ground at one end. Then just use the center conductors like you would any other parallel feedline; impedance will be 150 ohms and RG6 has pretty low loss. Wouldnt run 500 watts through it, but barefoot is fine.

• Locked thread