Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
I feel like every time there is a new season of Next Level Chef, we all come back here to talk about what a missed opportunity the show is.

imho, it is the worst Gordon Ramsay show. But like other's said - I'll keep watching this poo poo.

The "team" concept is so bad and unnecessary. Just assign each judge a kitchen. Arrington gets top kitchen. Ramsay in middle. Blais The Youth Paster in the basement. Top 1/3 of dishes go to top kitchen. Bottom 1/3 of dishes got to elimination. No teams. Every person for themselves. This also eliminates the problem of "whichever team going into elimination has the most people will have their person sent home."

Alternatively, start going bonkers with "power-ups." The immunity pins are dumb since 1/3 of the players get immunity every week. Turn this into Mario Kart. "You have a power-up that gives you an extra 10 seconds on the grab." "You have a power-up that cuts another person's grab time in half." "You have a power-up that lets you kick another player down a level." poo poo like that. And don't let the people hold onto them. They get them one week and have to use them the next week.

I think I find Next Level Chef so infuriating because the base concept is so good but they do nothing with it. Fox! Hire me as a producer. I'll spice that poo poo up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

Mordiceius posted:

I feel like every time there is a new season of Next Level Chef, we all come back here to talk about what a missed opportunity the show is.

imho, it is the worst Gordon Ramsay show. But like other's said - I'll keep watching this poo poo.

The "team" concept is so bad and unnecessary. Just assign each judge a kitchen. Arrington gets top kitchen. Ramsay in middle. Blais The Youth Paster in the basement. Top 1/3 of dishes go to top kitchen. Bottom 1/3 of dishes got to elimination. No teams. Every person for themselves. This also eliminates the problem of "whichever team going into elimination has the most people will have their person sent home."

Alternatively, start going bonkers with "power-ups." The immunity pins are dumb since 1/3 of the players get immunity every week. Turn this into Mario Kart. "You have a power-up that gives you an extra 10 seconds on the grab." "You have a power-up that cuts another person's grab time in half." "You have a power-up that lets you kick another player down a level." poo poo like that. And don't let the people hold onto them. They get them one week and have to use them the next week.

I think I find Next Level Chef so infuriating because the base concept is so good but they do nothing with it. Fox! Hire me as a producer. I'll spice that poo poo up.

Pretty much my thoughts exactly. But if they’re gonna keep the teams thing, for the love of GOD have a guest judge decide the winner! Makes no sense for the team captains to judge dishes when they have an obvious bias.

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

I don't mind the bias because I don't buy that any of the judges have any actual interest or skin in the game.

I'll second that Fox should hire Mordicieius as a producer. All those ideas also sound better than the weird hodgepodge of generic reality show rules they currently deploy.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
I think the thing, above all, that just drives me crazy with Next Level Chef is just the constant talking about teams like they mean anything at all. The only time anything is done as a team is when it's like the steak challenge where the whole team shared one cut of meat. Beyond that, teams are absolutely meaningless.