Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

I'm up to the signature dishes and I can't tell if Mike is a plant or just legit incompetent and lazy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

subroc posted:

Season 5 was the Lacey season, but I can't remember if it was a good season or a bad one. Worth watching for the shitshow, in any case.

It's pretty boring. Lacey isn't even amusingly bad, she's just a brat and Seth is a creepy dumbass. Everyone else are pretty much *eh* although I did like the final two at least.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

Mughe posted:

What's the consensus on other masterchefs (australia and canada)?

Masterchef Australia is pretty good. Australian reality tv doesn't really do the fake drama bullshit as much as American shows and so most people actually come across as pretty decent people. Only problem is that it's on every night so a lot of episodes can be missed without any real problems.

I actually prefer My Kitchen Rules over it, at least the home restaraunt rounds.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

Only thing that I really have to say about this season is that Allison has a cool accent.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GI8sr9mPy3A

Why didn't anyone tell me that the dude from Amy's Baking Company might have been deported.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

Real talk guys, I've never been able to get into Masterchef Australia. I do watch My Kitchen Rules but only in the home restaurant rounds, it's just that they just seem to wear thin and blend together after a while.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

Propaganda Machine posted:

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

And yeah, MC AU is five nights a week for twelve weeks and strikes me as something as an institution. I don't know how popular it is over there, but it kind of feels like watching something like Jeopardy every day, except it's cooking.

I, too, wanted to say goodbye to Jessica and her dumb hair. But how in the hell did Reynold gently caress up a chocolate dessert to even land in that position?! :psyduck:

Australian networks have to show X% of Australian content, we have tons of reality shows that are shown every night of the week since it's cheap to produce and product placement is simple. This has the side effect of episodes blending together although MC AU has it a bit better since it doesn't feel as padded out as My Kitchen Rules.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

Asiina posted:

Masterchef Australia is the best masterchef of them all.

:yeah:

Although even then I'm not a massive fan of it, I prefer the home restaraunt stage in My Kitchen Rules.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

Tired Moritz posted:

It's kinda sad how Season 6 of Hell's Kitchen became one of the more depressing seasons of the show.

Has something else happened?

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

Solice Kirsk posted:

Whats the over under on ambulance shots this season? I'm gonna go with 3. Whats everyone's bet?

I'm betting 5. Does that include ones in the opening/closing of an episode?

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

Solice Kirsk posted:

Nah, then we'd be in the double digits within two episodes. I think an honest accountance of injury/super-fat-person-that-can't-breathe-because-their-skin-is-in-the-way comeupance is what we should strive for.

Right, dropping my bet to 2 then.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

They're really looking for ways to keep the Joisey goil around.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

Tired Moritz posted:

Is the new season good?

It's Hell's Kitchen. So it's pretty much

Flyinglemur posted:

Same as it ever was

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

Jesus, Frank rapidly became a gigantic shitlord once Manda joined the Blue team.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I love Frank throwing a tantrum over being put up for elimination.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

Propaganda Machine posted:

The one where they brought back Robert, mascot of heart attack grill. Season 7 i think?

Season 6, hell they even have the son of a wrestler on that season.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

FitFortDanga posted:

My wife and I gleefully binged MC Australia seasons 1-4, and All-Stars. And now we're on season 5 and... WTF happened? Why have they betrayed so much of what made this show great? Did Kent Weed gets his hands on it or something? Does the show ever recover or is it all this bad from here on out?

Aussie cooking shows have kinda lost the plot in search of ratings. Masterchef 5 was a disaster and the last two seasons of My Kitchen Rules have been a chore to sit through because there's so much bullshit that it makes the show not fun to watch. I love the home restaurant rounds in MKR and I tapped out halfway through the second group.

edit: Channel 7 probably took the wrong lesson from Iron Chef Australia and decided that it failed because there weren't enough personalities on the show instead of it being a goddamn mess. At least there's a decent looking cooking show that started recently on SBS.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

So Hell's Kitchen Australia is a thing that starts next month. It's just some celebrity bullshit with Marco Pierre White instead of Ramsey and it's for charity.

The people are as follows

Candice Warner (former ironman competitor but best known as David Warner's wife & the woman that hosed Sonny Williams in a toilet)
Willie Mason (retired Rugby League player, a ton of off the field incidents)
Lincoln Lewis (Home & Away actor)
David Oldfield (co-founded the One Nation party aka the really far right political party that even Australians think is a bit xenophobic)
Gaz Beadle (some dickhead from the Geordie Shore)
Sam Frost (radio personality, won the Bachelor and was the Bachelorette but is probably on the cast because she's joining the home & Away cast next year)
Pettifleur Berenger (she's on Real Housewives of Melbourne aka a celebrity in the loosest sense)
Issa Schultz (one of the chasers on The Chase Australia)
Debra Lawrence (won a logie for best supporting actress in a series called Please Like Me and is on Wentworth)
Jess Fox (canoe slalom olympian, has won a ton of world championships)

Basically there's a bunch of sportspeople, some people famous for reality TV shows and only one person that I would actually classify as recognisable.

edit: Seriously though, the One Nation party only founded because their boss got kicked out of the Liberal Party (the right leaning party) for saying racist poo poo about Indigenous Australians and she is incredibly anti-Islam and supports a ban on Muslims immigrating.

Testekill fucked around with this message at 04:59 on Jul 23, 2017

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

Tired Moritz posted:

I pray for Jennifer.

The female cast looks way better, even if it has Robyn/Elise. I can't remember any of the males at all except for Milly.

I remember Benjamin being a gigantic douchebag in season 7, Van being loud as hell (his mum was a wrestler called Luna Vachon) & Ben from season 5 being a bit douchey but still fairly likeable.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

Mordiceius posted:

I feel like seasons 8-11 were the Golden Era of Hell's Kitchen.

I dunno, I watched Season 11 for the first time and I thought it sucked. Only four competent & likable people and they did way too many 2 parters.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

Fran during Season 7 is low key one of my most hated contestants, low key in that she's such a whiner who never takes responsibility for her failings despite being the oldest person that season.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

So did anyone else watch the Australian version of Kitchen Nightmares?

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

This is the first season of Hell's Kitchen that I've ever been able to watch almost as soon as it airs. Gotta say the American Dream poo poo is going to be incredibly obnoxious.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

Tad was the typical first elimination weirdo. I was kinda expecting him to get to episode 3 because I was thinking that they'd keep him around to be weird for a little longer

Already know I'm gonna hate Jason though.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

Dokapon Findom posted:

For me, the weirdest elimination would probably be the woman who brought a puppet that one season. Seemed like the behind-the-scenes drama was probably too much to be viable as a contestant

Gina might have been the most oddest contestant I've ever seen on Hell's Kitchen. There's Joseph with his anger problems and Raj being Raj but she was easily the weirdest person that I have ever seen on the show, maybe she was a plant to try and get some buzz or maybe the producers didn't realise she was insane and came to the conclusion that someone was going to get murdered in the dorms.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

Mordiceius posted:

Jason is going to be this season's Elise, isn't he?

I think he's going to be this season's Jason. Back in season 4 there was also a Jason who was a gross, misogynistic rear end in a top hat although thankfully he was an early boot because he couldn't figure out how to make a soufflé because that was stuff that a woman should be doing.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I feel so sorry for the people who have an attack of the giggles on Hell's Kitchen, it's such a common reaction to stress and it can't be helped.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

Matthias isn't long for the competition, one more bad service and he's gone. He wasn't very good in the first service and absolutely bombed in the second, not many people make it past the 5th service with a start like that.

Carmen seems like the obvious villain of the season so watch her last until the black jackets.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I feel like the only family drama episode of Kitchen Nightmare's that I can truly point to as truly great was Mama Maria's from Season 6. That's mostly because it was actually heartbreaking to see the owner by just like a little kid who couldn't move on from the death of his parents and being terrified of changing anything that could impact their legacy. Guy was able to move on and kept the restaurant going until February of this year when he finally retired, it genuinely felt like a happy ending for him

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

Mordiceius posted:

My favorite are absolutely "I just thought owning a restaurant would be neat! What? No, I don't know anything about actually running a restaurant, why are you asking?"

That reminds me of the husband and wife who thought that owning a restaurant would basically let them eat out every night. Absolute scumbags

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

So with episode 7 of Hell's Kitchen finished, Dahmere seems like the clear frontrunner for the finale. Johnathan, Carmen & Sammi seem like they should go far but there's always one person that looks like they'd make black jackets that crashes and burns either just before the team merge or following the first black jackets service.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

Cook for your life went exactly as expected the instant I saw the title of the latest episode.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

The rumor is that Joanna talked to him about getting out of a toxic relationship and he then twisted to the other contestants and lied that she had been loving her boss.

I do find it weird that the season had 13 contestants, I don't get why they had uneven teams before kicking him out.

Video on youtube about him
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-zAo_ougb78

edit: It's loving wild that Dahmere went home after his first bad service, I know that nominating yourself to go on the chopping block never ends well but he had been the standout this season.

Testekill fucked around with this message at 03:37 on Jan 14, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

It really did seem like they wanted Ryan to win from the start being it was the "american dream" season and that poo poo.