Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shrimpy
May 18, 2004

Sir, I'm going to need to see your ticket.

Flyinglemur posted:

Am I the only one that has a problem with Bryant's meltdown? I mean, there is a difference between someone getting angry and standing up for themselves and someone having a complete psych break. Especially when he started pointing out Fernando's "faults".

I know Gordon said he doesn't care about how his chef acts out of the kitchen but if that isn't a peek into crazy, I don't know what is.

I thought it was odd how his entire speech pattern changed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shrimpy
May 18, 2004

oshuaj posted:

I thought the QVC episode of Food Stars was really interesting

It’s basically an episode of “Food Network Star” so if you enjoyed it and don’t hate Bobby Flay, you can have 14 seasons of that type of episode.

After each season you can then do a Google search why the winner is awful, because Food Network seems allergic to any form of vetting.

Shrimpy
May 18, 2004

I actually a little surprised Chris won. The "Gordon Ramsay" name tied directly to pizza or novelty coffee line feels like something he could actually make some money on.

Smart Cups raising ~$1.2m at a $10.65m valuation while simultaneously touting $18m previously raised is brutal.

Meanwhile Fat Miilk raised 20k on Kickstarter for a v2: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/fatmiilk/fat-miilk-20-vietnamese-coffee-remixed

Shrimpy
May 18, 2004

Procrastinator posted:

Not sure if this was aired on TV or anything, or if I didn't go far enough back in the thread looking for it, but the Hell's Kitchen YouTube channel has been uploading uncut videos of dinner services, and this is exactly the sort of content I actually crave from these shows.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ndvY7Blr-3I

I was skipping around and at 8:45, I thought "oh hey, there's JP" only to have Gordon instantly, casually "gently caress off Jean-Philippe" as he walked by.

Shrimpy
May 18, 2004

I like how Hell's Kitchen isn't even trying on the rewards anymore.

Axe Throwing! Bubble Soccer! Dave and Busters!

Shrimpy
May 18, 2004

Usually I roll my eyes at the “two months later” segments, but I was genuinely happy about the announcement they sold the restaurant.

Shrimpy
May 18, 2004

The fact that Gordon is no longer taking his shirt off in every episode of Kitchen Nightmares makes the reboot feel like a cheap imitation.

Shrimpy
May 18, 2004

I think I've come to the conclusion that this season of Kitchen Nightmares feels more like a bad season of The Profit.

Shrimpy
May 18, 2004

Nick Soapdish posted:

Lol goat yoga as the reward for the winning team. It seems that this season just has the lowest rent rewards

My new favorite is "I'm giving you $4,000 to spend [at Sur La Table]" and it's actually $4,000 for the entire team, not per person.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shrimpy
May 18, 2004

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

Ramsay getting rid of all the top contenders to rig the finals for Ryan?

He's the only non-American left and it's the American Dream season, so probably.