Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Max Manus
Oct 25, 2004

Saboteur par excellence.
Nap Ghost

That has to be the dumbest thing I have ever read.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

I think Forren is high as a kite.

Puseklepp
Jan 9, 2011

like watching the most beautiful ballerina on the best stage

TheRat posted:

I think Forren is high as a kite.

High on the smell of victory, that is. 3-0 against Malta *sniff* oh yeahhhh....

Huckert
Aug 1, 2007

For the love of the game
At least Norway under Drillo would never lose at home to Estonia.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Lurgy posted:

At least Norway under Drillo would never lose at home to Estonia.

At least Norway under Drillo was lightyears ahead of any other era in our history and there should be a statue of him outside every major stadium in norway.

Max Manus
Oct 25, 2004

Saboteur par excellence.
Nap Ghost
Rúnar Kristinsson confirmed as the new LSK coach.

http://www.vg.no/sport/fotball/lillestroem/kristinsson-er-lillestroems-nye-trener/a/23335186/

hhhmmm
Jan 1, 2006
...?
Why is Rikard Norling still popular with both the fans and the local press this season? Bergen has usually been really fast at dropping managers in bad times, and this time the team seriously underperformed.

Puseklepp
Jan 9, 2011

hhhmmm posted:

Why is Rikard Norling still popular with both the fans and the local press this season? Bergen has usually been really fast at dropping managers in bad times, and this time the team seriously underperformed.

1) local press has been criticizing him a lot lately.
2) fans recognize that the problems with Brann run deeper than the coach.
3) Norling has had success with multiple teams before, with a style of football people want to see in Bergen.
4) That Brann is especially quick at dropping managers is a complete myth. We've fired less managers in the last 10 years than most Tippeliga teams.

Zwachro
Mar 7, 2003
C808BEA
The press always criticises the coach at the end of every season, at this point nobody really pays much attention to Tore Strand &co. And yea, we don't really fire managers that often; Skarsfjord got a contract extension a couple of months before he quit of his own accord (contrary to what the OP says, he never got the sack).

Grimble
Jul 7, 2002

He will build a castle with garden on an island called Cheshire, and he is permitted to breed.
Nå blir det cupfinale.

Slik er det når man besøker kamerater i Skien og ender opp i billettkø.

Zwachro
Mar 7, 2003
C808BEA
A more interesting match that same day will be Brann-Mjøndalen. Mjøndalen beat Bærum 4-1 after extra time (having equalised in injury time). They got a red card which I think will carry over to the Brann match; anyone know if Gauseth is any good? In addition, Diomande (who apparently is good) went off with an injury, so he may or may not be available.

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

Zwachro posted:

A more interesting match that same day will be Brann-Mjøndalen. Mjøndalen beat Bærum 4-1 after extra time (having equalised in injury time). They got a red card which I think will carry over to the Brann match; anyone know if Gauseth is any good? In addition, Diomande (who apparently is good) went off with an injury, so he may or may not be available.

I'm going to watch the poo poo out of that match, hopefully at the stadium. Either Mjøndalen will hilariously beat Brann and it will be amazing. If not, its only Mjøndalen.

azathosk
Aug 20, 2006

Sup guys?

Grimble posted:

Nå blir det cupfinale.

Slik er det når man besøker kamerater i Skien og ender opp i billettkø.

Haha, I'm probably going there as a photographer.

Edit: I AM going there as a photographer. Just got my credentials.

azathosk fucked around with this message at 15:05 on Nov 17, 2014

euroboy
Mar 24, 2004

I quite like the Jim Solbakken debate Josimar is trying to start, I hope it goes somewhere.

http://www.josimar.no/artikler/debatt-hvorfor-er-vg-sa-servile/1955/

Puseklepp
Jan 9, 2011

http://arvehjelseth.blogspot.no/2014/11/rapport-som-bestilt.html

Article which summarize how the Hypercupe report contains manipulated figures, bad statistics and overall poor methods to come to their conclusions. Conclusions they were probably hired to reach with their analysis in the first place. NFF is a piece of poo poo organization.

euroboy
Mar 24, 2004

That's a really good read, thanks for posting.

Max Manus
Oct 25, 2004

Saboteur par excellence.
Nap Ghost

Puseklepp posted:

http://arvehjelseth.blogspot.no/2014/11/rapport-som-bestilt.html

Article which summarize how the Hypercupe report contains manipulated figures, bad statistics and overall poor methods to come to their conclusions. Conclusions they were probably hired to reach with their analysis in the first place. NFF is a piece of poo poo organization.

I'm shocked, really I am. NFF a corrupt bunch of shitbags? The travesty!

But jokes aside, if they are willing to do this it's pretty much certain that they will put this into effect. It's a prestige project for them now it seems. So get ready for playoffs, weird league setups and other fun hijinks.

Picer
Mar 25, 2004

Other peoples ignorance puts food on my table.
http://www.vg.no/sport/fotball/tidligere-solbakken-medarbeider-jims-bestekompis-er-penger-ikke-solskjaer/a/23340399/

Looks like VG is getting on, finally.

Puseklepp
Jan 9, 2011

Today, Brann became champions. In NM for juniors. :smug:

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!
e - wrong thread

Picer
Mar 25, 2004

Other peoples ignorance puts food on my table.
http://www.vg.no/sport/fotball/championship/parr-skuffet-over-solbakkens-uttalelser/a/23342566/

This is turning more and more into a witch hunt.

And by witch i mean a dirty bastard, and by hunt i mean people telling the facts.

Anyone else smell something burning?

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

http://www.tv2.no/2014/11/25/sport/jim-solbakken/6245798

rut-roh

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
I'd love it if Solbakken got hosed over I'd love it OP. But I can't help but think the authorities won't even bother.

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth
lol brann

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth
I still think they'll pull through but lmao

azathosk
Aug 20, 2006

Sup guys?
I'm not that sure. They're better than Mjøndalen, but they seem very desperate and nervous in how they play.

Baggins
Feb 21, 2007

Like a Great Wind!
I agree. With the way they're playing right now there's immense space for Mjøndalen to counter. There's more goals in this match, but I won't place a bet on which way the first one goes.

Grimble
Jul 7, 2002

He will build a castle with garden on an island called Cheshire, and he is permitted to breed.
ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Huckert
Aug 1, 2007

For the love of the game
Whooooooooa

Ok up until this minute I was sure Brann would make it.

Baggins
Feb 21, 2007

Like a Great Wind!
:asoiaf:

Oh how I'm looking forward to reading BT and BA tonight and tomorrow.

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth
loooooooooooooooool

Grimble
Jul 7, 2002

This is wonderful

Puseklepp
Jan 9, 2011

:downsgun:

Fully deserved relegation.

Baggins
Feb 21, 2007

Like a Great Wind!

Puseklepp posted:

:downsgun:

Fully deserved relegation.

Quoted for posterity.

:downs: Brann

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Im doing all the rofls

torjus
Nov 22, 2005

I want YOU to MSPaint!
This is great!

Huckert
Aug 1, 2007

For the love of the game
Tippeligaen 2015: Brann memorial edition

Baggins
Feb 21, 2007

Like a Great Wind!
Oooh, pissed off Brann fans in the stands. Fights!

Puseklepp
Jan 9, 2011

Worst thing is I doubt we'll go right up without some major changes throughout the club.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth
Will BT have a stupid melodramatic black front page tomorrow??

• Locked thread