Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Huckert
Aug 1, 2007

For the love of the game
What in the actual gently caress.

Morten Gamst Pedersen apparently on his way to RBK. Didn't see that one coming, but I guess with Tromsø being down there it makes sense.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

euroboy
Mar 24, 2004

Surprising, I was expecting him to go to VIF.

Huckert
Aug 1, 2007

For the love of the game
RBK pays more I suppose(the rumor mill does say other Tippeligaen teams were in for him as well), although he's probably going to singlehandedly destroy our budget. Then we'll sell Berntsen and Selnæs for pocket lint in the summer. I mean in itself signing Gamst is pretty good, but I can't help but see all the negative aspects of this deal.

Puseklepp
Jan 9, 2011

like watching the most beautiful ballerina on the best stage
Gamsten is a great deal. He'll be good for at least a few more seasons, and makes you favourites for the title imo.

azathosk
Aug 20, 2006

Sup guys?
According to himself he isn't going anywhere pretty soon. I would love to see him in Vålerenga though, but I don't think we'll break the bank for him.

Huckert
Aug 1, 2007

For the love of the game
It's like some cold war standoff where noone can afford to pull the trigger, but everyones scared of the other teams getting there first.

Maybe Solbakken will poach him and we can all keep going without any bankruptcies.

Grimble
Jul 7, 2002

He will build a castle with garden on an island called Cheshire, and he is permitted to breed.
We're gonna break the bank and first get Gamst, and then somehow talk Carew into trying to be a footballer again for a bit.

It will be great, and then we'll finish 7th.

euroboy
Mar 24, 2004

We've signed Brede Moe from Rosenborg. One year loan with an option to buy. Is he any good? He played for Ranheim when Bjørkan coached them, so I guess he's got something to do with this.

Huckert
Aug 1, 2007

For the love of the game
Behind strandberg and reginiussen as well as rønning in the queue, was expecting a move like this. I honestly dont know if hes good enough but i grew up like across the fjord from him so id love for him to do well. Trust in Bjørkan, i guess.

azathosk
Aug 20, 2006

Sup guys?
I just want to mention that we won 2-0 against Lillestrøm yesterday. And that I hate us playing "friendlies" against our rivals.

euroboy
Mar 24, 2004

We made a profit of almost 1 million NOK in 2013. We're well on our way to becoming a 100% self sustaining business and not dependent on handouts from the public, sponsors or banks anymore. Hoepfully we can go ahead with the stadium rebuilding plan without falling into any of the old traps. We celebrated the good financial results by announcing that Patrick Berg, Ørjans son, has signed his first professional contract.

Zwachro
Mar 7, 2003
C808BEA

euroboy posted:

We celebrated the good financial results by announcing that Patrick Berg, Ørjans son, has signed his first professional contract.
And here I thought you'd have wanted to keep him in Bodø a while longer. :v:

Huckert
Aug 1, 2007

For the love of the game
The Gamst has arrived. I won't be surprised to see one or more of our youngsters getting the hell out now(hopefully just on loan), but probably strengthens our title chances by a fair bit.

azathosk
Aug 20, 2006

Sup guys?

Lurgy posted:

The Gamst has arrived. I won't be surprised to see one or more of our youngsters getting the hell out now(hopefully just on loan), but probably strengthens our title chances by a fair bit.

It does. Pedersen have experience and skills that will come in handy. My guess for the season is that you guys take the gold, and Strømsgodset on second place. Behind there it's all open.

Captain Tagon
Jun 15, 2005
Back and to the left.
The annual tradition of the media analyzing teams and making a poo poo attempt at guessing the final standings has started with VG putting Stabæk at the bottom. Unsurprisingly so; and here is my guess, based solidly on gut feeling, paying (no) attention to the transfer market and years of casually sorta paying attention to the goings on:
The Top
1: Rosenborg. Because damnit, its about time.
2: Strømsgodset. Because only Molde gets two wins in a row.
3: Viking. Because they are getting there.
The Middle
4-10: Brann, Start, Odd, Molde, Aalesund, Haugesund, Vålerenga. in that order? who knows, its too hard to tell. They are all bad-ish, Molde basicly starting over so nothing for you this year.
Fighting to survive
Sarpsborg, Sandnes Ulf, Sogndal, Lillestrøm, Bodø-Glimt, Stabæk. Possibly in that order, maybe Lillestrøm directly down (one can only hope).

The middle might have a breakout contender for a while, and one of the Fighters might be a solid middle instead, but thats pretty much how i see it going. Yeah, RBK riding the Gamst all the way back to champions league!

Puseklepp
Jan 9, 2011

Brann is not bad-ish. If anything, we're good-ish :colbert:

Edit: on a related note, I'm missing the table calculator. Always fun to play around with, but can't find any this year.

Puseklepp fucked around with this message at 18:29 on Mar 14, 2014

The No! Team
Jan 6, 2012
In honour of Tippeligaen keeping its name, here is my attempt to tipp the league:

The Contenders

1) Rosenborg - Haven't really lost anyone important, signed Riski and Gamst. Seems like a clear favourite to me.
2) Molde - Lost Dæhli and Berget, signed Singh and Sigurdarsson. Seemingly an okay trade-off. Squad is pretty great by Norwegian standards, but Skullerud is a big question-mark.
3) Strømsgodset - Have some big boots to fill after losing Johansen, Ibrahim and Kamara. Abu will probably do well, don't know about the others.

Top Half

4) Aalesund - Lost their top scorer, but unlike almost every other Norwegian team they have some funds to replace him. Hopefully they do it before the season, and not in 2 years like last time.
5) Brann - Always hard to predict Brann. They are bad-ish, but maybe less so than the rest of the league. New coach seems good, but it might just be that flashy swedes impress us easily. Hope Huseklepp does well, I always enjoy his big, dumb kid-face.
6) Bodø/Glimt - Always crush it when they are newly promoted, so should maybe be listed as contenders. Had a good season last year, and have strengthened the squad since then. Only lost Christian Berg, and Chatto seems like a great replacement.
7) Haugesund - I don't know anything about Haugesund, don't think I've ever watched a game with them. I guess they lost their best player in Bangura, but did very well last year, and seem pretty intact.
8) Viking - Was going to put them higher, but I think they might be this years biggest disappointment. I hadn't noticed, but they actually lost the scorers of over half their goals, in addition to Jarstein and Lædre Bjørdal. Most weakened team on paper by far. Might do well if all those Icelanders turn out to be good.

Bottom Half

9) Start - Really mixed season last year. Lost Heikinnen who was lauded as the player who helped them turn the season around, so it's hard to say where they will end up. Don't think they will be as dreadful as first half of last season though.
10) Odd - Who cares?
11) Lillestrøm - No money, questionable defence and attack, but a pretty decent midfield. I think it'll be enough to stay up, but not much more.
12) Vålerenga - More or less the same as Lillestrøm. Have signed some exiting players, kind of. On the other hand, they lost almost every productive player from last year (except Berre, of course). Hopefully their striker, singular, doesn't suck.

Relegation Candidates

13) Sandnes Ulf - As with Haugesund I just don't know much about them, they lost and signed a whole bunch of players. Maybe they have a better team now, but I'm just gonna guess they suck.
14) Sarpsborg - Almost didn't make it last year, and have just signed Zajic. Can't see them doing much better
15) Sogndal - Lost Mané, so now they are official 100% grey and boring. Hopefully they are relegated.
16) Stabæk - Barely got promoted last year, and lost Stokkelien, their top scorer, plus Stengel. If Bradley keeps them up, he's a miracle worker. Or lucky that someone else crashed and burned.

Promotion from Adeccoligaen (or whatever)

Tromsø - Best squad by far, but might very well financially implode. If they keep it together I think they'll go right back up
Sandefjord - I always think they'll get promoted. Maybe this time?

azathosk
Aug 20, 2006

Sup guys?
I was at Marienlyst yesterday and watched Vålerenga beat current Tippeliga champions Strømsgodset 6-1. My pictures are here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/azathosk/sets/72157642403199685/

Huckert
Aug 1, 2007

For the love of the game
Latest transfer news: The Other Elyounoussi signed for Molde. Promising lad, but I still don't fancy Molde to win the title.

Puseklepp
Jan 9, 2011

http://www.aftenposten.no/100Sport/meninger/blogg/Her-er-de-heteste-talentene-i-eliteserien-425223_1.snd#.UybYij9dWSo

Two Brann players in Tjernås' top Norwegian talents list. Skaanes is gonna get a lot of playing time this year, while Lorentzen will not get much I expect. Too bad Finne left though, he's better than both.

I'm sure euroboy will enjoy seeing Patrick Berg in that list.

Zwachro
Mar 7, 2003
C808BEA

Puseklepp posted:

Too bad Finne left though, he's better than both.
At least Skaanes is renewing his contract now, and Stig Lillejord, who represents a bunch of those youngsters, appears to have hit it off with Norling better than he did with Skarsfjord.

An interesting youngster not appearing in that list (presumably because he's been playing for Sweden, but he's still eligible to switch to Norway and was born and raised in Bergen so I wouldn't call him a foreigner :colbert:) is Emil Hansson, who at the age of 15 has started two of Brann's pre-season matches and acquitted himself well. We might actually see him make some Tippeliga appearances this year.

Puseklepp
Jan 9, 2011

Yeah I was at first puzzled that Hansson wasn't there on the list, until I realized he's technically Swedish. We also have Øvretveit and Vindheim who are exciting prospects.

Bruun-Hanssen has done a lot of harm to the club, but his youth project actually seems to be paying off.

truls
Jan 6, 2003

1st tippeligaen: brann
cup winner: brann

(of course)

I still had faith in Skarsfjord, sceptic about this swede.

truls fucked around with this message at 12:08 on Mar 20, 2014

Puseklepp
Jan 9, 2011

Skarsfjord had lost half the dressing room and most of the crowd, don't see how you could have faith in him. There was no way he was gonna make Brann a winning team with the steady decline in performances every year as more and more players got fed up with him. Also, we never were able to perform when it mattered under him. The cup finale was a tragedy, we collapsed towards the fall of 2011 and 2012 when it looked like we could win a medal. 2013 was a tragedy ever since we lost at home to Rosenborg and suddenly all confidence collapsed. The 2012 semi-final against Hødd...

Skarsfjord completely failed at creating a winner culture in Brann. Skarsfjord built almost the entire squad himself, but failed to get it to perform when it mattered.

Norling on the other hand, has managed just that in Sweden, to create a winner culture where players perform when it matter. If Norling manage to adjust to the Norwegian league and the players listen to him (which it seem like they do), the question about whether we'll win any medal won't depend on if we manage to avoid the regular collapse, but on whether we have enough quality in the squad.

euroboy
Mar 24, 2004

We're going to win the league.

The No! Team
Jan 6, 2012

euroboy posted:

We're going to win the league.

But Ibba played poorly on another team, in another position?

Fake Edit: Tippeligaen 2014 - Men hvem skal score målene...?

The No! Team
Jan 6, 2012
As a follow-up; who do you guys think is going to be the top scorer (with 12 goals or something)? My money is on Sigurdarson. Hypothetically of course, I have no IRL money.

euroboy
Mar 24, 2004

Unironically Frode Johnsen.

Chris de Sperg
Aug 14, 2009

The No! Team posted:

As a follow-up; who do you guys think is going to be the top scorer (with 12 goals or something)? My money is on Sigurdarson. Hypothetically of course, I have no IRL money.
Tommy Høiland is going to take the league by storm. This is his year.

Huckert
Aug 1, 2007

For the love of the game
I'd throw a Rosenborg-player into the mix, but I honestly don't know who will play. Søderlund will be up there if he doesn't become a permacrock, but well... Riski will get a few, Helland will slam a couple of goals in when he comes off the bench late in his matches, Mikkelsen will get a goal once every three months to make sure he keeps playing, Gamst will get a couple of free kick goals. Throw in a handful for Mix as well...

And then there's Nicki Bille, who's gonna score with all the teenage bloggers of the land.

L. Ron Mexico
May 14, 2005

euroboy posted:

Unironically Frode Johnsen.

with like a 7 goal total

Baggins
Feb 21, 2007

Like a Great Wind!

The No! Team posted:

Morten Berre, the man just doesn't seem to age.

torjus
Nov 22, 2005

I want YOU to MSPaint!

Chris de Sperg posted:

Tommy Høiland is going to take the league by storm. This is his year.
I really hope not.

Grimble
Jul 7, 2002

He will build a castle with garden on an island called Cheshire, and he is permitted to breed.

Baggins posted:

Morten Berre, the man just doesn't seem to age.

He will be top scorer and revive the national team.

Berre på landsen.

Baggins
Feb 21, 2007

Like a Great Wind!
Watching TV2 predict the league, and I can't say I disagree much with it.

TV2 posted:

1: Rosenborg
2: Molde
3: Strømsgodset
4: Viking
5: FK Haugesund
6: Vålerenga
7: Brann
8: Aalesund
9: Odd
10: Start
11: Lillestrøm
12: Bodø/Glimt
13: Sandnes/Ulf
14: Sogndal
15: Sarpsborg 08
16: Stabæk

The relegation battle will be a hard fight this year, I think. Except for RBK, Molde and Godset, I have the feeling that everyone will be down in the dumps at some point during the season.

Puseklepp
Jan 9, 2011

VIF will not end up above Brann :toxx:

Edit: I also don't get Aalesunds at 8th. Strong medal contenders, along with RBK, Viking, Molde and Godset.

Puseklepp fucked around with this message at 21:10 on Mar 23, 2014

Baggins
Feb 21, 2007

Like a Great Wind!
It's a bit of an odd one to put AaFK that low, but I don't think there's going to be much in it as far as the mid-table goes. I would be surprised if the point spread between 4th and 14th go much above 15 points at the end.

Zwachro
Mar 7, 2003
C808BEA

Puseklepp posted:

Yeah I was at first puzzled that Hansson wasn't there on the list, until I realized he's technically Swedish.
Well, would you look at that.

azathosk
Aug 20, 2006

Sup guys?
I'm really excited for the new season. Molde - VIF at Røkkeløkka. Travelling to Molde by plane tomorrow, and then home with bus just right after the match.

Don't think I'll be doing anything on saturday...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Puseklepp
Jan 9, 2011

Anyone know if CMore streaming of Tippeligaen works outside of Norway?

Also, is it possible to watch games after they're over? Molde - VIF are for example in the middle of the day where I live...

• Locked thread