Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

Morand posted:

Turtle, Bizarro Flash.

Tarpit, Elongated Man, Fallot, Midnighter. For as much HSS as there is, there seems to be just as much Plasticity or other ways to dick over the Speedsters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Morand
Apr 16, 2004

1: Start New Game
2: Start New Game
3: Start New Game

:aaa:
Black Lantern Zoom looks amazing. http://www.hcrealms.com/forum/showpost.php?p=8179089&postcount=1034

Too bad he is a SR prime.

zgrowler2
Oct 29, 2011

HOW DOES THE IPHONE APP WORK?? I WILL SPAM ENDLESSLY EVERYWHERE AND DISREGARD ANY REPLIES
LGS only got one Flash brick in instead of the two ordered :diamond:. Bought a booster, pulled Bizarro Flash and Captain Cold. Not bad.

e3: had a trade offer, someone else took it

zgrowler2 fucked around with this message at 02:34 on Nov 13, 2014

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005
Anyone have any of the chases from the Flash? I have an extra The Question and want the others. I have other stuff to offer if you aren't looking for The Question.

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:

zgrowler2 posted:

LGS only got one Flash brick in instead of the two ordered :diamond:. Bought a booster, pulled Bizarro Flash and Captain Cold. Not bad.

My LGS got half fo what they ordered too. I think at this point after the CiyS debacle, if an Alliance rep appeared in the store, the manager would become violent.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

Archenteron posted:

My LGS got half fo what they ordered too. I think at this point after the CiyS debacle, if an Alliance rep appeared in the store, the manager would become violent.

So was that ever fixed?

My LGS didn't buy into the CiYS because they already had so much product sitting out, and the owner was glad he didn't once he saw/heard what happened.

Morand
Apr 16, 2004

Red posted:

So was that ever fixed?

My LGS didn't buy into the CiYS because they already had so much product sitting out, and the owner was glad he didn't once he saw/heard what happened.

Nope. And it likely won't ever be addressed. Even if it is, the value of the constructs has/will crashed since the gravity feed announcement. Stores definitely lost out.

I played in a flash sealed last night, continued my hot streak in pulling really well in sealed (I have no idea why but I hope it doesn't stop)

I don't remember my exact pulls but I ended up running

Rare Flash - 149
Chase Pandora - 100
Doctor - 50

After seeing all the previews, winning a sealed game with this set definitely was a game of "Play Precision Strike" so Flash and Pandora were perfect.

Round 1 vs

SR Prime Zoom (I offered to trade pandora straight up for this but he said no :()
Captain Cold
Pied Piper

Opponent was playing his first game ever and didn't even know the basics so it was a very slow teaching game. I did get first strike on his Zoom, who spent the rest of the game running to regen. Captain Cold was a colossal pain in the dick with his ability to spawn cold barriers that were also plasticity jerks. If I didn't have a flash I may have been in trouble, but I was able to nab him. Piper pushed for a pulse wave but missed and pandora who was pushed purged her sins to take a shot for KO with the doc's help. Zoom managed to get one shot on the doctor and heal but then he fell to Wally who had 4 speed tokens at this point and was basically unstoppable.

Round 2 vs

Reverse Flash
Max Mercury
Jenny Quantum

Jenny Quantum's trait was a nice way to ruin things for my team, only giving me one prob and slowing flash a little bit. I moved up, counting out ranges but forgetting that he had 2 perplexes with Jenny and the flash and not just one, so max came down and tried to hit wally but missed. Reverse flash moved up and Jenny jumped into stealth. Pandora did a RS and hit Jenny since she ignores hindering. She then perplexed down Max Mercury to purge her sins and lose a token. Wally crit max for 4 and knockback into a wall for 5. Doc also moved. Reverse flash pushed to base pandora who hit him onto his stop click and then perplexed him down to lose the token. FLash and doc cleared. Max went out and hit the doc for an easy speed token, Jenny perplexed reverse flash's defense and moved to have range on pandora. Pandora hit reverse flash again and knocked him back with doubles, perplexed down his defense to purge her sin and flash finished him off. Max popped his speed token and healed to a click where he didn't have HSS, went for pandora and was KO'd. Jenny fell soon after

Round 3 vs

Turtle
2 of the 33 point TKers
Captain Boomerang (The one with HSS later in the dial)
Elongated Man

Yikes. My main attacker now has to basically take a DPA to do his thing and also can't get within 2 of elongated man? I was not confident going into this.

I went first and moved up, making sure no one moved more then 4. Opponent TK'd out Boomerang and Elongated Man, Sidestepped his Technicians, and brought up turtle. Pandora perplexed her range to 7 and got a RS shot off on elongated man, knocking him off outwit. Flash cleared as did the doctor. Captain boomerang had his attack bumped and took a shot on pandora and the doctor, hit them both and I missed my senses roll but put all the damage on the doctor as he didn't want to take mystics. Pandora perplexed down Captain boomerang's defense to remove a token and finished off elongated man. Flash did a HSS to hit captain boomerang but was stuck with 2 tokens. Boomerang took a shot on pandora and missed, turtle was TK'd and outwitted pandora's perplex. I cleared and so did he. Pandora took a shot on turtle and hit, and flash did a HSS for the KO. Captain boomerang was then TK'd and KO'd the Doctor but fell immediately after to Flash. Opponent then conceded.

Overall, this set seems super fun when you play it against itself. The speed force is a neat mechanic, and I liked how after 3 attacks Wally was basically a mini god. I never did managed to pull of his blocking terrain trick though.

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005

Red posted:

So was that ever fixed?

No fix. The gravity feed constructs are part of the fix. Suffice to say, the gravity feed constructs were not something they had planned and are the clever result of turning a bad situation into a profitable one. It's a smart business move, but my store is one of the ones that got hosed.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

ShowTime posted:

No fix. The gravity feed constructs are part of the fix. Suffice to say, the gravity feed constructs were not something they had planned and are the clever result of turning a bad situation into a profitable one. It's a smart business move, but my store is one of the ones that got hosed.

Huh.

Interestingly, another comic book store near me that I don't play at (but do buy from occasionally) got another shipment of the power batteries in, and put them out at $49.99 each.

ManiacClown
May 30, 2002

Gone, gone, O honky man,
And rise the M.C. Etrigan!

ShowTime posted:

My rear end they didn't plan those. Are they at least sending you some for free?

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

ManiacClown posted:

My rear end they didn't plan those. Are they at least sending you some for free?
I really don't think they did. The whole thing has "oh gently caress oh gently caress, they weren't supposed to be this rare, fix it" written all over it.

DaMangoSentinel
Sep 10, 2010

Do I have to do it like this?
I just hope they ship another wave of Lanterns because the constructs will go over like a lead balloon in our store. We only got 2 sets, so only two of our players even have all the batteries.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

DaMangoSentinel posted:

I just hope they ship another wave of Lanterns because the constructs will go over like a lead balloon in our store. We only got 2 sets, so only two of our players even have all the batteries.

And more boosters. Every store got shorted on those.

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005

ManiacClown posted:

They didn't. They messed up the CIYS/Constructs so badly that they had to print a whole new batch of constructs. Just printing 50-100 sets is not economically feasible. Instead, you print 1000 sets and sell the extras.

WizKids did a really good job of turning a bad situation into a profitable one.

The Grammar Aryan
Apr 22, 2008

Morand posted:

Pandora took a shot on turtle and hit, and flash did a HSS for the KO.

How did Flash manage to hit Turtle with HSS? Turtle has traited Plasticity, and I don't think that Flash can ignore characters during movement.

zgrowler2
Oct 29, 2011

HOW DOES THE IPHONE APP WORK?? I WILL SPAM ENDLESSLY EVERYWHERE AND DISREGARD ANY REPLIES
If a special object isn't a relic and doesn't say "immobile" anywhere on its card, can it be picked up and moved via Super Strength and/or TK?

e:

The Grammar Aryan posted:

How did Flash manage to hit Turtle with HSS? Turtle has traited Plasticity, and I don't think that Flash can ignore characters during movement.

fair point - HSS says "during its move, this character may, as a free action, make one close combat or ranged combat attack with its range value halved for the attack" (emphasis mine). Plasticity immediately ends the move actions of opposing adjacent characters, so only Giant Reach or ranged combat would work. Vanilla CC is out.

zgrowler2 fucked around with this message at 00:03 on Nov 14, 2014

Morand
Apr 16, 2004

The Grammar Aryan posted:

I did not know that and apparently neither did my opponent

Edit: Did not know about the traited plasticity of turtle that is. We were both focused on elongated man

SublimeDelusions
Jun 19, 2005
Dentyne Fire + Dentyne Ice = End of World?

DaMangoSentinel posted:

Well, the same is true in ours. We ordered 4 cases (two full sets per case, so 8 sets.. ) so everyone would have gotten what they wanted. We got 4 of each lantern because the distributor shorted us two cases. Otherwise there would have been enough for everyone at our store. Instead, one guy who sells everything online (who only wanted WoL to sell a full set) bought a full set, and his two friends that always buy every piece bought a full set. So there went half the stock. I only got the two sets for the corps I play (and only because I just happened to stop in by chance on the day they showed up), but then another big DC fan bought the last full set. I haven't had the heart to run a battery with so few having them, but I have been willing to loan them out. Another printing of batteries would definitely make our venue happy.

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

A friend and I went by the comic shop the other day to grab some Flash boosters. I got Rival, Fallout, Savitar, and Tornado Twins, he got Shade, Captain Thunder, and Jenny Quantum :( Then I found $20 I'd squirreled away and nabbed one more booster today and got Professor Zoom :)

I'm planning to try something new and piece this set together from trades and sealed pulls, having eschewed a brick/case or CURSR set, so if anybody pulls double SRs and wants Guardians or prior feel free to hit me up.

Slaapaav
Mar 3, 2006

by Azathoth
my venue in norway has told us that next year ordering heroclix will be so expensive for them that they are gonna stop doing it because it will not really be worth it for anybody. After 10 years of me playing there

ManiacClown
May 30, 2002

Gone, gone, O honky man,

Well, after my friend/local judge helping me playtest both of my teams, I found they'd both probably lose. The Oranges were strong-ish, but they're very, very vulnerable to bad die rolls. Therefore, I'm borrowing the team he was using:
pre:
WOL021	Lyssa Drak		91
WOL025	The Weaponer of Qward	211
WOL057a	Superboy Prime		300
WOL065	^ Parallax		25
WOL099	Despotellis		30
	Sinestro Corps Battery	2
	Sinestro Corps Ring	4
	Wall			10
	Decoy			6
	Catapult		10
	Nurse			10
-----------------------------------
			Total:	699
		Theme: Sinestro Corps
I have a feeling it'll wreck rear end if I don't have any significant brain farts and/or have my dice go cold. Most of the time my opponents will be at a -2 to attack Weaponer and SBP, so I'm going to have a big advantage, even against Sinestro himself, who I'd likely have to try to have Weaponer Pulse Wave so he'd knock him right past his Impervious clicks.

Morand
Apr 16, 2004

Out of my first 7 boosters of flash I have pulled 3 SR's and 2 chases.

It only took 12 loving years of playing this game but I finally have a stupid good pulls story

ManiacClown
May 30, 2002

Gone, gone, O honky man,

Well, I braved an Interstate where in the southbound (opposite) lane some poor sod had a negative experience with a semi, which when I was driving home was STILL in the ditch. The van's engine compartment was completely destroyed. I was kind of worried that on the way home some idiot might introduce me to Nekron for real, but I pressed on to my secondary venue. They got 4 prize kits so the top 8 (exactly as many as showed up, so everyone) got Star Sapphire. The judge and top 3 got Nekron. I lost my round 2 in a squeaker to a team of Red Lanterns with First Lantern, so they all had their penetrating Poison from the get-go and I didn't get my stat bumps.

Fourth round (the game for third place and the last Nekron) saw me playing on Zamaron against a team very similar to the Orange Lantern team I'd thought of, except he had Ophidian and was using him to possess Weaponer. Weaponer was his chief offense and he got a 5-damage Pulse Wave off on Superboy Prime, but I managed to have my Weaponer super-Charge up to his, Carry Despotellis, and have to attack/KO an Orange Lantern Construct instead as Weaponer made his Shape Change. That was a big waste of an ultra-heavy I'd have put him on his stop click with, but it worked out. I had to drop Despotellis off away from his Weaponer as he knew he had to prevent that adjacency. I prepared to have my Weaponer eat a big bag of Weakness-Exploiting Hell when he rolled snake eyes. On my turn I hit him for 5 with EW and that's when my opponent knew it was over, partly because I'd also placed Despotellis adjacent to his Weaponer after he'd Poisoned an OL Construct to death. He decided to just concede at that point because the poor guy had just gotten out of the hospital for strep throat with a 104-degree fever and wanted to get home, what with the roads and all. I felt bad for the guy, but: Nekron! :black101::toot::black101: I also got to buy two packs of WOL before the tournament and of course did, opting for Wave 1, which I'd not gotten to buy much of. I pulled Brother Warth and a Blue Lantern Recruit with a Blue Lantern Ring in one pack, a Sinestro Corps Recruit in both (I now have 5), and Swamp Thing. Yay! All in all, a very good night as I also made it home intact, only to have to drive that way again tomorrow to to work.

When I got home my daughter made me take out all my Constructs so we could shine a black light on them. I store them in spectrum order so she lines them up that way, matching each Construct to its equivalents. She took each Battery's special Construct and just used those in the same "slot" in the lineup. I think that at this point I can confirm the wonderful fact that, like me, my daughter doesn't need drugs. Her natural neurochemistry is enough.

ManiacClown fucked around with this message at 05:10 on Nov 16, 2014

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

Today was my first Flash sealed: 3 boosters, 400 points. My pulls were lovely as I got Grodd and Cobalt Blue, then Abra Kadabra from a single booster after the tournament. My team was:

Grodd at 175
Midnighter at 100
Fiddler
Samuroid

Round 1 vs Rogues

Reverse Flash
Mirror Master
Weather Wizard
Pied Piper

Right off the bat I noticed something I hadn't during team building: Samuroids can fly! That made this my default strategy: Samuroid carries Midnighter up to Outwit something, Fiddler slides behind them to offer Defend, Grodd murders with his brain. Right off the bat Grodd lays a Mind Control on Weather Wizard to blast Mirror Master, then eat some Psy Blast himself. Pied Piper got off a Pulse Wave on my clustered trio, but missed Fiddler and failed the followup Mind Control. For his trouble, Grodd went for a Mind Control that resulted in my favorite 'clix incident in recent memory:

Grodd successfully MC's Piper, who gets off a single target PW on Weather Wizard and then uses his own Mind Control to force Weather Wizard to finish off Mirror Master, followed by Grodd blasting Piper. It was an amazing combo and a total :psyduck: moment, I was giddy and my opponent was floored. This right here is why I play HeroClix.

Midnighter followed up with a Charge/Flurry that KO'd both Wizard and Piper, by which time Reverse-Flash had pushed to his stop click, but it was too late and he quickly fell to the mental barrage.

Round 2

BL Zoom
Doctor
Girder
Thorn

Doctor wound up being the biggest pain as my Mind Control now carried too many risks to use, and I could no longer pair it with Running Shot. I huddled on a roof and placed objects to slow Zoom's access to me, and didn't move for the rest of the game. Despite both of us attacking constantly, very little was actually accomplished: he tagged Grodd once (because I thought Doctor's +3 range only applied to his Perplex/Prob, but from what I can see it's just a blanket +3 as long as he has the damage power) and I missed every attack I made. He finally got Girder close enough to Charge, whiffing against the Samuroid's net 19 defense thanks to Fiddler. At the last instant, I opted to eat the damage to have Fiddler MC Girder to wallop Zoom, then follow up with Midnighter on Zoom for a last action KO.

Round 3

Captain Thunder
Etrigan
Star Labs Tech

We shuffled a little, me staying away just enough that Thunder would be overextended with TK & HSS, until we were both on opposite rooftops. Unfortunately for him, his attackers were pushed and he miscalculated, putting them one square too close to Grodd's Running Shot range; he MC'd both, had Etrigan kill the Tech, had Thunder HSS to attack Etrigan (missing, sadly) and then come to base Midnighter & Samuroid, then blast them both, dealing 1 to Etrigan after Invincible. Midnighter then Outwitted Invincible on Thunder and smacked him with Flurry onto his stop click, which Grodd countered for the Samuroid to land a 6 Blades and a KO. Etrigan tried to cautiously approach, but Fiddler was having none of that and MC'd him right up to the same spot where he suffered the same bloody fate as Thunder. Poor Tawny ran home with his tail tucked between his legs at the mental might of music & monkey.

Today was a ton of fun and I'm loving this set way more than I expected to, so many good and goofy dials, it's hard not to grin as fiddle players and zombies and big rubbery dudes duke it out with runs-fast guys. Another player had an amazing action denial team of Elongated Man, Tarpit, Rival, and XS that was a blast to watch as Rival would smack people and build tokens, then XS would smack them and carry Rival behind the wall of Plasticity the other two provided.

I was also able to throw the majority of my GotG extras and some other stuff at my second opponent and snag prime Zoom, too. Good day :)

zgrowler2
Oct 29, 2011

On the subject of Flash pieces, I got the results of my Bizarro Flash trade in (Beyonder SR and Midnighter R) and decided to pit a team against Beyonder at 400pts:
code:
DP053a	Speed Demon	110
FL038	Captain Cold	100
FL049	Midnighter	100
GotG7b	Captain Marvel	82
Talk about board control - Captain Cold is ridiculous. Spawn Plasticity terrain markers as a free action at the beginning of each of your turns. Beyonder got in some good hits, but since I was able to match his opening HSS with Speed Demon and then cyclone him onto one of Cold's plasticity markers so Midnighter could Charge in with Flurry/Exploit Weakness (what a beater :swoon:) he wound up dead with Midnighter on last click and Captain Cold on click two from pushing.

I have a feeling 500pt Beyonder with Colossal Stamina would have meant a much different ending, but the two Flash pieces performed excellently against a tentpole. Will inevitably run them against a more varied team this weekend.

Morand
Apr 16, 2004

zgrowler2 posted:

Midnighter could Charge in with Flurry/Exploit Weakness (what a beater :swoon:) varied team this weekend.

Just to double check, you weren't using all 3 together right? Charge/Flurry or Charge/Exploit?

zgrowler2
Oct 29, 2011

Nah, not together. Flurry and Exploit Weakness both require CC actions to be given - I started to stack all three of them together initially, but then thought about P/PB and double-checked my PAC. Two out of three ain't bad.

Morand
Apr 16, 2004

zgrowler2 posted:

Nah, not together. Flurry and Exploit Weakness both require CC actions to be given - I started to stack all three of them together initially, but then thought about P/PB and double-checked my PAC. Two out of three ain't bad.

Ok.

I have a 300 point game tonight and I'm pretty sure I'll be doing:

Apollo @ 125
Midnighter @ 125
Doctor @ 50

It'll lose hard to any resource teams but it should be fun

ManiacClown
May 30, 2002

Gone, gone, O honky man,

Good news: I pulled Rival, who (along with Professor Zoom) looks trippy as Hell under a blacklight.

Bad news: He's missing his helmet and the replacement policy doesn't cover Primes.

zgrowler2
Oct 29, 2011

Wizkids' unstable formula strikes again.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Forums poster Morand finally speaks to the press: http://heroclix.com/announcements/2013-modern-age-world-champion-daniel-joynes-interview/#axzz3JciwEK9i

Morand
Apr 16, 2004

Yeah so when GOTG was coming around I reached out to Wizkids and asked if there would be a preview or anything and got nothing back, I figured that there wasn't going to be anymore champion previews. Then Jake's thing went up and I got more then a little pissed off. Between the lack of support for probs and some of the rude treatment I got at Gen-Con I was starting to question if I had somehow pissed someone off or something. I made a very large pest out of myself with emails basically asking everyone I know "What the gently caress guys?"

I got a response back that blamed it as a lack of oversight? Then the article was born.

zgrowler2
Oct 29, 2011

LGS opened one of their Flash boosters and put all the clix up for sale for $3 each. Picked up Elongated Man SR and Swift C, still came out ahead. To track the one brick he got in, four other boosters had Impulse, Savitar, Weather Wizard, and Bizarro Flash + Captain Cold. One bought booster unaccounted for, but SR, R, R, R, R, P/UN for five boosters isn't bad at all thus far.

The Grammar Aryan
Apr 22, 2008
I've got another WoL6 tonight. 500 constructed, 50% WoL floor with a 10% cap on Entities, Resources, and ATAs, single elim with the top 8 seeds given a bye in the first round. I'm finally going to rock out with a Red Lantern team.

Hal Jordan (Red)
Laira (Green, possessed by Butcher)
Dex-Starr
Superboy Prime (Red)
Red Lantern Battery with Red Ring, Mallet, Decoy, and Bulldozer

The plan is to pop a decoy on Laira, a Mallet on Dex-Starr, and a Bulldozer on Superboy. Laira and Dex-Starr will run frontline interference while Superboy pings people around with Force-Blast enabled punches, probably into the loving arms of his teammates. Hal is mostly there to cover gaps or bait opponents out, because nobody wants to ignore the guy who can charge for 5 with an 11 AV.

There's another venue running pretty much the same build tomorrow night, where I'm going to run Orange Lantern Shenanigans.

Rainbow Raider (Possessed by Ophidian)
Larfleeze
Orange Hal
Controller Construct
Orange Lantern Construct
Orange Lantern Battery with Orange Ring, Decoy, and Crossbow

Between Larfleeze dipping opposing Corps Members' stats by 1 and Rainbow Raider draining colors, it shouldn't be difficult to dump stats by -2. It probably won't be a terribly successful team, but it should be fun to play.

Morand
Apr 16, 2004

Who wants to trade with me??

Need:

Rival
Argus Agents
Central City Cops
Star Technicians
Gorilla Soldiers
Mob Rule
019a Flash
Mirror Masters
Jenny Quantum
Impulse
Tornado Twins
Dark Flash
Dr. Alchemy
Fallout
Savitar
Harley Quinn
KC Flash
Captain Thunder
053b Zoom
Gorilla Grodd
Deathstroke
Shade
Engineer
Jenny Sparks
Phantom Stranger

I have:

FLASH

001a The Flash x 3
003 Jesse Quick x 2
004 XS x 3
011 Chillblaine x 3
012 Captain Boomerang
013 Trickster x 5
014 Girder x 2
015 Rag Doll x 4
016 Doctor x 2
018 Steve Trevor x 2
021 Pied Piper
022 Trickster x 2
025 Golden Glider x 2
026 Rainbow Raider
029 Fiddler x 3
030 Thorn
031 Turtle
033 Jack Hawksmoor
037a The Flash x 2
040 Weather Wizard x 2
047 Zoom
048 Apollo
049 Midnighter
054 Abra Kadabra
057 Magenta

WOL

Nekron Grand Prize Piece
White Lantern Ring
Sinestro Corps Ring

013a Romat Ru
015 Arisa
017 Boodika x 2
027 Graf Toren x 2
033 Sister Sercy
041 Parallax (Hal)
043 Hanu

zgrowler2
Oct 29, 2011

PMed you.

zgrowler2 fucked around with this message at 03:49 on Nov 22, 2014

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

Second WoL 6 tonight; 600pts, one booster from each wave, plus any scenario pack items, participation or competitive prizes, but 300 points must come from the boosters. I pulled Weaponer, a Blue recruit, red Guy, and my third (!!) Predator, so I added green Kyle and a four construct battery (Shield, Decoy, Catapult, Nurse) and put Predator on Weaponer.

Round 1 was a guy who plays for fun but isn't terribly good running a hodgepodge of mostly recruits and Firestorm. He stayed clumped so two turns of Energy Explosion from my heavy hitters was all it took.

Round 2 vs Swamp thing, Kyle w/crossbow, Contriller Construct, Dex-Star, Black Hal, with a three construct Battery. In hindsight, both of us forgot about both the Emotional spectrum and the Outwit/Perplex protection, as we were both Perplexing and using Running Shot and he kept Outwitting me. I got a lucky Impervious on Weaponer when Kyle took a huge shot, and he got flustered and moved his troops one square too close so that all but Kyle and Swampy fell to EE. His two remaining had to clear, so his Kyle took a 1-2 punch from mine biggies to get KO'd, then Guy ate Swampy for lunch.

Round 3 vs Sodam Yat, Ganthet, Soranik Natu, Red recruit, Controller Construct. This guy had forgotten his battery and extra figures at home so was already in a bad mood, and having to face my team out him over the edge. He rushed his guys up to me for ineffectual attacks, and I KO'd all but Soranik and Sodam the next turn. Sodam was wounded and ran to Soranik, but I got her first, then got him to his stop clicks and pinged him to death after he failed the HSS breakaway.

Which means I won a :black101: Nekron :black101:

I then traded Predator for Entity to the kid who collected Star Sapphires, which had him ecstatic as he won Carol and therefore had all of them. It was fun to see him bounce around the store all giddy.

zgrowler2
Oct 29, 2011

Is there any particular team base that's cheaper to assemble than the rest of them? I'm familiar with the most powerful/expensive ones (JL, Zombies), but I'm curious as to whether any of them are budget-friendly. I don't think I'll be branching out into one anytime soon, but the info would be nice to pass along to my local playgroup.

e: for reference, I started looking at WXM and going from there - Hellfire Club is the cheapest I've added up at $34 on TrollandToad for the four clix and the base, but wow $18 for Black Queen.

e2: AvX looks to be about $50-$60 for either side. I was hoping it'd be cheaper, but OP kits and all.

zgrowler2 fucked around with this message at 06:16 on Nov 24, 2014

Fritzler
Sep 5, 2007

zgrowler2 posted:

Is there any particular team base that's more cheap to assemble than the rest of them? I'm familiar with the most powerful/expensive ones (JL, Zombies), but I'm curious as to whether any of them are budget-friendly. I don't think I'll be branching out into one anytime soon, but the info would be nice to pass along to my local playgroup.

e: for reference, I started looking at WXM and going from there - Hellfire Club is the cheapest I've added up at $34 on TrollandToad for the four clix and the base, but wow $18 for Black Queen.

The cheapest would probably be the AvX team bases. There aren't set characters that go on them, but up to 5 characters can go on them. These characters include the AvX starter characters for each faction, participation prizes (Black Panther - Avengers, Danger - X-Men, Professor X and Hope can go on both), and a lot of characters from Deadpool can go on the bases. Deadpool (the uncommon) can go on both, Daredevil and Red Hulk can go on Avengers, and Cable can go on X-Men. So the cheapest team base to put together would probably be an Avengers base with Deadpool, Black Panther, Professor X, Hope and Red Hulk? My venue was giving away the participation prize figures/bases during CIYS because they had so many extra.

zgrowler2 posted:

e2: AvX looks to be about $50-$60 for either side. I was hoping it'd be cheaper, but OP kits and all.
I'm sure it is if you have the Team Base characters with it, which cost 40 for the 6 of them, but just the participation figures and Deadpool CUR should be cheaper.

Fritzler fucked around with this message at 05:50 on Nov 24, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

Outlaws and the original Teen Titans both stand extremely well on their own and should be relatively easy to assemble, consisting only of Commons and Uncommons (beside the pack-in figures). Trinity of Sin can be had for $25-35 on eBay and is particularly brutal.

• Locked thread