Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(
Are they warming up for their episode of Static

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vainman
Nov 2, 2012

I find your lack of faith... disturbing
Bjorn will run off with Nobuyuki Sakakibara and create the most criminal mma organization of all time

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

Pay no attention to me, for I am a stupid cunt.

vainman posted:

Bjorn will run off with Nobuyuki Sakakibara and create the most criminal mma organization of all time

between bjorn's rage and his diet no dog will be safe

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

quote:

@chaddundas 1m
If you're Scott Coker, your first call has to be Nick Diaz, right? Just to tell him the nasty stuff Douglas Lima has been saying about him?

man if coker really does try to make it into strikeforce 2.0 i really hope he's furiously dialing mayhem and elder diaz

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
Nick's not getting out of his UFC contract without a fight. Like an actual fight against a person, however many times it takes. Since he's "retired" it's just frozen in perpetuity.

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

Is tonight the greatest moment in Dominick Cruz's life?

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.
turning it into Strikeforce 2.0 would be the worst thing ever though, lmao. Yeah Strikeforce cards were good but that would put Bellator at best 2 years from death.

The point of Mr. Coke-ker will be his relations with fighters have always been way way better than anything I've ever heard about Bjorn, so things like Alvarez vs Bellator or Askren vs Bellator shouldn't publicly happen again.

do you guys remember a time when we were excited for Pat Curran vs Toby Imada in the main event? That promotion still exists within Bellator, they just need to get rid of the TNA association and quit with all the dumb as poo poo matchmaking. But with the rumored Kimbo Slice hiring it's clear that Viacom wants to succeed quickly, which never works, so they are hosed.

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

Bubba Smith posted:

turning it into Strikeforce 2.0 would be the worst thing ever though, lmao. Yeah Strikeforce cards were good but that would put Bellator at best 2 years from death.

The point of Mr. Coke-ker will be his relations with fighters have always been way way better than anything I've ever heard about Bjorn, so things like Alvarez vs Bellator or Askren vs Bellator shouldn't publicly happen again.

do you guys remember a time when we were excited for Pat Curran vs Toby Imada in the main event? That promotion still exists within Bellator, they just need to get rid of the TNA association and quit with all the dumb as poo poo matchmaking. But with the rumored Kimbo Slice hiring it's clear that Viacom wants to succeed quickly, which never works, so they are hosed.

if you dont want kimbo/JT 2 in bellator there is something v wrong with you

Agent Tough Juice
May 21, 2007

People! I'd like to say a couple words for you: If you have a dream in your life... go head! It's a possible! Go head! I can do that!

Yuriy posted:

if you dont want kimbo/JT 2 in bellator there is something v wrong with you

...Because we should be rooting for Kimbo/Houston II instead

Edit: whoops. Misread. Point still stands that we need to see how many more times Houston can lap Kimbo.

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

per spike tv:

no more tourneys
scott coker new president

conference call at 6 PM eastern today

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Can Tank Abbott pass a pre-fight physical? We need to go whole hog on this.

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

quote:

@FrontRowBrian 30s
Another thing with Coker. I wouldn't be surprised to see Bellator co promote in Asia. OneFC. IGF. Rebel in Korea. Etc...

normally id say its front row brian but he cracked the bjorn out/coker in story like 2-3 months ago

Agent Tough Juice
May 21, 2007

People! I'd like to say a couple words for you: If you have a dream in your life... go head! It's a possible! Go head! I can do that!

Yuriy posted:

normally id say its front row brian but he cracked the bjorn out/coker in story like 2-3 months ago

I'm having trouble imagining scenarios in which Viacom would do this.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

Yuriy posted:

Front Row Brian is on the pulse of the MMA community for thinking that once Coker's non-compete ends, he may replace Rebney.

Nobody else thought this.

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

quote:

@SBNLukeThomas 1m
It's not crazy to think if Bellator/Spike is careful enough w/ fewer shows, each event could pull > 1 million viewers. That'd be something.

This would be cool and funny

Also this is referring to the fact that Coker/Spike said they'd be running fewer shows with bigger names

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005
You don't have to have any inside info to say you "wouldn't be surprised" to see that, since Coker spent like half of Strikeforce 2.0 co-promoting with DREAM.

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
Coker has contacts in Asia and has always sought to copromote (often just to save money on the undercard), for some reason he even wanted to do a Strikeforce show in Japan. They'll talk about plans but it may never move further, there were even weird tentative plans to have Badr Hari have a kickboxing match on a Strikeforce card.

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

Triticum Guzzler posted:

Coker has contacts in Asia and has always sought to copromote (often just to save money on the undercard), for some reason he even wanted to do a Strikeforce show in Japan. They'll talk about plans but it may never move further, there were even weird tentative plans to have Badr Hari have a kickboxing match on a Strikeforce card.

i just want like a njpw/bellator or bellator/IGF new years eve card ok

someone find triangle man and have him fight on it too so i can relive dynamite 2009

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

Triticum Guzzler posted:

there were even weird tentative plans to have Badr Hari have a kickboxing match on a Strikeforce card.

weird meaning criminal things or Strikeforce things?

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

quote:

@MMAFighting 7s
Pat Curran vs. Patricio Freire postponed with ‘Pitbull’ injured (@guicruzzz) http://sbn.to/1lEtRVS

lol

DumbWhiteGuy
Jul 4, 2007

You need haters. Fellas if you got 20 haters, you need 40 of them motherfuckers. If there's any haters in here that don't have nobody to hate on, feel free to hate on me

Triticum Guzzler posted:

I wonder if Viacom would do non-live events for Bellator in Asia? They're doing it with Glory right now

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Bellator's 2014 is shaping up quite like UFC's 2012.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Mr. Nice! posted:

Bellator's 2014 is shaping up quite like UFC's 2012.

I dunno, UFC ran a tournament in 2012.

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002

this is absolutely terrorism

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

MassRafTer posted:

I dunno, UFC ran a tournament in 2012.

If you consider the bullshit in Australia "running" a tournament, then sure.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Mr. Nice! posted:

If you consider the bullshit in Australia "running" a tournament, then sure.

Please don't be racist against Australian tournaments.

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

even big dave is fantasy booking njpw/bellator

quote:

‏@davemeltzerWON 3m
@FrontRowBrian @SovietNicholas Tanahashi vs. Tito, Rampage vs. Nakamura and Inoki vs. Herschel Walker and it's history come to life.

Panama Red
Jul 30, 2003

Only in America could you find a way to earn a healthy buck and still keep your attitude on self destruct
what hasn't been discussed yet: has coker learned magic? what sort of difference will magic make at belabor? I'd like to see magic discussed

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Coker has a money spigot in viacom that he never had in strike force. If he's given the full reigns we are going to see some poo poo.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Phone call is a go:

Shitcanning tournaments. Focusing on superfights.

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

twitter beef still funny

quote:

@KingMoFH 1h
@Rampage4real u asked for a rematch. Ima give it to u on @SpikeTV. How u from Memphis and gonna come out to French Montaw and not Yo Gotti.

quote:

@Rampage4real 59m
@KingMoFH dude I got my own song! They hosed my poo poo up. I'm done talking 2 u,like I said b4 you r a boy I'm a man. gently caress your fight style

quote:

@KingMoFH 4m
@Rampage4real lol....hold up mayne...u just called me dude??? Gon and say cowabunga too. Lol. This aint Quinton tweetin. Lol

quote:

‏@illwillbrooks86 3m
@KingMoFH @Rampage4real it's actually me tweeting for him lol #niggaturtles

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"

quote:

@BjornRebney 5h

@PatricioPitbull You and your brother @PatrickyPitbull are great warriors with huge hearts. I will miss you both.

The only time Bjorn Rebney has shown kindness and compassion towards dogs

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

quote:

@JColossus · Jun 17
My left ear is tingling which can only mean one thing #KimboRematch

bueno

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.
you know Bellator has a great shot of routinely beating UFC in ratings if they do go to 1 show a month and stack it with their draws. I could easily see Kimbo vs Thompson II getting over a million viewers alone since most hardcore MMA fans will watch just for the curiosity of that rematch happening again years later, then all they have to do is throw Kongo or Curran or Warren and such on that and yeah, that's easily getting back to the old UFC on Spike numbers.

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

Bubba Smith posted:

you know Bellator has a great shot of routinely beating UFC in ratings if they do go to 1 show a month and stack it with their draws. I could easily see Kimbo vs Thompson II getting over a million viewers alone since most hardcore MMA fans will watch just for the curiosity of that rematch happening again years later, then all they have to do is throw Kongo or Curran or Warren and such on that and yeah, that's easily getting back to the old UFC on Spike numbers.

UFC's tv offerings have really suffered a lot from being split across multiple channels, it seems to me.

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

Bubba Smith posted:

They haven't announced how many shows they'll be doing or anything like that but the new idea is less shows, no tourneys, stack the cards.

They already do pretty dang well on TV and Spike iirc has more reach than FS1/FS2 so I hope this works out for them

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Nice!

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

No.

fatherdog posted:

UFC's tv offerings have really suffered a lot from being split across multiple channels, it seems to me.

Yep, that and trying to do a couple a month. I hope the rumors of Bellator going to 1 show a month are true, since that might force UFC & FOX to cut back on the amount of shows they do and both products will become much stronger. As fan of watching guys punch each other I love that Benson Henderson & Cub Swanson are fighting on different days in June, but it would also be nice if they happened on the same night and it felt more like an event again.

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010
I obtain sexual gratification from observing people being inflicted with violent head injuries

willie_dee posted:

JT's left ear is tingling

Fozzy The Bear posted:

Well then stop licking it.

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(
One thing that sucks is that tournaments are cool and Bellators sucked so bad probably no ones going to do them with good fighters anymore

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

Bundt Cake posted:

One thing that sucks is that tournaments are cool and Bellators sucked so bad probably no ones going to do them with good fighters anymore

"Good fighters" bit aside, Cage Warriors does one night tourneys sometimes

• Locked thread