Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Vintimus Prime posted:

That Pillman doc was pretty decent, never saw it before

Meltzer wrote a long Pillman bio as a reaction to the WWE documentary:

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!msg/alt.pro-wrestling/HPjXw87-dp4/farC1WnTeX0J

Available in the above link. Well worth reading but I would advise you it is way, way sadder than the WWE documentary. Just brace yourself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vintimus Prime
Apr 24, 2008

DERRRRRPPP what are picture threads for????

rovert posted:

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!msg/alt.pro-wrestling/HPjXw87-dp4/farC1WnTeX0J

Available in the above link. Well worth reading but I would advise you it is way, way sadder than the WWE documentary. Just brace yourself.

Jesus christ :(

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

rovert posted:

Meltzer posted:

The true tragedy of all the wrestling deaths is not that fans are deprived of seeing great wrestlers who should have performed on the big stage longer. Wrestling is an assembly line business, and there is always somebody new to fill the spot and except for the most ardent fans, most of these people become vague faded memories. The tragedy is the families they left behind. Their lives aren't of the assembly line variety, and there is no replacing the missing part. And if the children left behind are young enough, they don't even get the benefit of the vague faded memories.

Ah jeez :smith:

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
Main Event is quickly becoming the Mizdow show

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

As much as people mock Dave for his syntax, occasionally he says a really poignant thing.

Sigma
Aug 24, 2003

Grimey Drawer
gently caress Tyson Kidd

FACT

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.
:siren: Divas Halloween costume battle royal!!! :siren:

(On Smackdown)

spongeh
Mar 22, 2009

BREADAGRAM OF PROTECTION
Who was that supposed to be in that "pieced back together" promo video that interrupted on Main Event?

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

spongeh posted:

Who was that supposed to be in that "pieced back together" promo video that interrupted on Main Event?

Luke Harper.

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

WWE Main Event tonight features Bray Wyatt, Sami Zayn, and most importantly, Curtis Axel!

I would like to note that I forgot he wasn't Michael McGillicutty anymore until the announcer said his name.

Chinston Wurchill fucked around with this message at 02:18 on Nov 5, 2014

pressedbunny
May 31, 2007

To A Brand New Galaxy
Video package? Looks like they're getting ready to call Sami up.*

*I hope, but know they probably won't because who needs more entertaining faces about the place?

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

Tyson's jacket has an angry cat on it. This is my favourite gimmick.

Ole chants!

Sigma
Aug 24, 2003

Grimey Drawer
Albany isn't a very energetic crowd, but they are pretty vocal tonight.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Sami Zayn might be the best pure babyface I've ever seen and if they decide to let him he can be a massive star.

Sigma
Aug 24, 2003

Grimey Drawer
I just realized that there is probably a good sized Montreal contingent there tonight. Still feels good.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
COLE ACTUALLY CORRECTLY CALLED THE BLUE THUNDER BOMB. AND WITH SOME ENTHUSIASM NO LESS. :stare:

pressedbunny
May 31, 2007

To A Brand New Galaxy

SamuraiFoochs posted:

COLE ACTUALLY CORRECTLY CALLED THE BLUE THUNDER BOMB. AND WITH SOME ENTHUSIASM NO LESS. :stare:
Neither Cole nor JBL is that bad on Main Event/Superstars. It's almost like they don't have an old man shouting in their ears to shill the Network and fight amongst themselves over unrelated angles from half an hour ago...

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Also JBL put over Sami, even pointing out Sami's shoulder was up and the ref missed it, despite Sami being the facest face to ever face. Vince is wonderful on screen, legendary even, but he really is the worst thing in WWE otherwise.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
what a big loser that sami is

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

pressedbunny posted:

Neither Cole nor JBL is that bad on Main Event/Superstars. It's almost like they don't have an old man shouting in their ears to shill the Network and fight amongst themselves over unrelated angles from half an hour ago...

I don't know, JBL's bitching about Tyson was getting annoying.

Nice finishing sequence on that one. I'd have liked a Sami win but I love both of these guys so whatever.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

Daniel Bryan posted:

what a big loser that sami is

he's really good at looking sad and wronged so I don't mind

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
ah yes, the mentality that ruins things

Boardroom Jimmy
Aug 20, 2006

Ahhh ballet
Something I noticed over the course of the match was that the crowd gradually got more and more into it as it went on. It's amazing how that happens when you let two guys have a good match, even when they were unenthusiastic about Tyson and unfamiliar with Sami at the start.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Randy is doing loving FANTASTIC in his new role but the fact that he's literally doing what I'd rather see Dean Ambrose doing still sticks in my craw just a bit. :(

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

lol at the nascent curtis axel chant. i will always support you, axe-man.

cronox2
Jul 24, 2010

woah, you look
REALLY pissed off...
Ahaha Bray's about to destroy Sin Cara.

Tezzeract
Dec 25, 2007

Think I took a wrong turn...
She still cries for you: the titty master returns.

Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>
Bray's been hitting up crossfit in his time away it looks like

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
That was a good episode of Main Event unless you don't like Bray Wyatt, Usos, or Sami Zayn losing

Tezzeract
Dec 25, 2007

Under the vegetable
Nov 2, 2004

by Smythe

achillesforever6 posted:

That was a good episode of Main Event unless you don't like Bray Wyatt, Usos, or Sami Zayn losing

Main Event is my favorite main-roster WWE weekly show!

Two Beans
Nov 27, 2003

dabbin' on em
Pillbug

pressedbunny posted:

They wouldn't shut up about Cena and The Authority during Axel/Gabriel.

Tezzeract
Dec 25, 2007

lol so the first version of rocky was what jhon cena is now?

pressedbunny
May 31, 2007

To A Brand New Galaxy
I take back my previous statement. Michael Cole just called Liverpool FC "the winningest team" on Main Event.

OH BOY ALICIA FOX VS CAMERON okay I know why nobody watches this...

Sigma
Aug 24, 2003

Grimey Drawer
Nice Ryback video package. It is like they know they have to reset him back before his heel turn.

pressedbunny
May 31, 2007

To A Brand New Galaxy
That looked like that wasn't how that match was supposed to end.

I choose to blame Cameron and I sincerely doubt I will be proven wrong.

Shawn Cotureier
Jan 21, 2009

Still better than Umberger
The commercial for that straight to DVD movie they just showed had Mizmom in it, I think

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
Ahhaahha "Ask Him!!" "ASK HIM IN FRENCH!!" I love you Tyson :allears:

Two Beans
Nov 27, 2003

dabbin' on em
Pillbug
"ASK HIM! ASK HIM IN FRENCH!!" - Tyson Kidd

e: I was beaten, FACT.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU