Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chard
Aug 24, 2010

Just sell it as 'early access' and make a millions dollars. No need to even release a finished game!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

poemdexter
Feb 18, 2005

Hooray Indie Games!

College Slice

If you add sprites to an existing atlas, unity doesn't give a flying gently caress about your animations and will start throwing random sprites all over the loving place.

It's going to take me all night to fix about 50 animations.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch
Wait are you using TexturePacker or Unity's built-in atlas generator? I've never seen that with the TexurePacker route unless maybe if you re-use sprite names in an atlas and replace old ones.

e: whoops just saw your post in the other thread

Yodzilla fucked around with this message at 14:55 on Jul 30, 2014

poemdexter
Feb 18, 2005

Hooray Indie Games!

College Slice

Yodzilla posted:

Wait are you using TexturePacker or Unity's built-in atlas generator? I've never seen that with the TexurePacker route unless maybe if you re-use sprite names in an atlas and replace old ones.

e: whoops just saw your post in the other thread

I haven't tried TexturePacker yet because I don't want to go through the extra step of figuring out how their imports work in Unity. Is there an easy workflow you know? Unity's built in stuff has been good enough until this.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch

poemdexter posted:

I haven't tried TexturePacker yet because I don't want to go through the extra step of figuring out how their imports work in Unity. Is there an easy workflow you know? Unity's built in stuff has been good enough until this.

All you need to do is install CodeAndWeb's free Unity TexturePacker importer plugin: https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/en/#!/content/16641

Once you have that, any TexturePacker atlas that you import into a Unity project shows up in your hierarchy as a texture object which you can expand to see all of the containing sprites. No cutting anything up and as long as you keep the file names the same you can resize sprites, add sprites, delete sprites, whatever from a given atlas as much as you want. TexturePacker handles where in the atlas things are positioned so you don't have to worry about it.

e: you'll notice some sprites say DELETED, those are, well, sprites i deleted but that's how it handles them so that the atlas itself doesn't break. they don't hurt anything

SharpenedSpoonv2
Aug 28, 2008

poemdexter posted:

If you add sprites to an existing atlas, unity doesn't give a flying gently caress about your animations and will start throwing random sprites all over the loving place.

Guys I'm really not sure if I like the direction that poem is taking Swipe And Slash, but I'm not sure how to bring it up to him help me :derp:

DeathBySpoon
Dec 17, 2007

I got myself a paper clip!

Yes I think this is correct.

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Let's Clock Into The Sunset Together

Fun Shoe

poemdexter posted:

Giving me serious Link's Awakening glitch vibes:

You got a musical instrument! :derp:

wayfinder
Jul 7, 2003
I'm making this little platformer, right? So I was creating a walk cycle for a character, and I added a null object to control the angle of the lower body to orient it according to the ground normal. But I accidentally set the null's texture not to null, but to the arm texture instead.

The result:

LP0 ON FIRE
Jan 25, 2006

beep boop

wayfinder posted:

I'm making this little platformer, right? So I was creating a walk cycle for a character, and I added a null object to control the angle of the lower body to orient it according to the ground normal. But I accidentally set the null's texture not to null, but to the arm texture instead.

The result:

"I'm sorry, but your son is suffering from Little Donnie disease. He has a penis the size of a horses."

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

DeathBySpoon posted:

Yes I think this is correct.

Fear and Loathing: Gameboy edition

TomR
Apr 1, 2003
I both own and operate a pirate ship.
"Horse Error"
http://youtu.be/geiPDZFSEB0

TooMuchAbstraction
Oct 14, 2012

I spent four years making
Waves of Steel
Hell yes I'm going to turn my avatar into an ad for it.
Fun Shoe

Hooray for corrupted vertex calculations! What happened, did you invert your animation transformations or something?

TomR
Apr 1, 2003
I was testing a way to give the horse hair.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch
Nice to see people still creating games in the Quake 2 engine.

Newf
Feb 14, 2006
I appreciate hacky sack on a much deeper level than you.

I assume this is Oculus? Is there an easy way to switch up the left/right panels, so that the correct depth effects can be created with inwardly crossed eyes?

Pi Mu Rho
Apr 25, 2007

College Slice
My missile implementation hasn't gone so well.

0 rows returned
Apr 9, 2007

Looks like fine American defense contracting to me.

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true

Pi Mu Rho posted:

My missile implementation hasn't gone so well.

did you see how fine that building was looking? sometimes, you just can't help it.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Most armed services would pay big time for a weapon that actually behaved like that.

"Spray and make the other guy pray."

floofyscorp
Feb 12, 2007

Had some vague ideas about making customisable characters, so I went to test some bone scaling and oh no

oh nooooo

TZer0
Jun 22, 2013
So I gave a character in a game I was working on with Your Computer a flower...

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

floofyscorp posted:

Had some vague ideas about making customisable characters, so I went to test some bone scaling and oh no

oh nooooo

"Faaareweeeeeeeeellllllllllll..." *poit*

Internet Janitor
May 17, 2008

"That isn't the appropriate trash receptacle."

I don't think this is how juggling works.

wayfinder
Jul 7, 2003

Internet Janitor posted:

I don't think this is how juggling works.

I'm just amazed that you managed to draw perfectly recognizable squirrels in 8x9 pixels with 1 bit color!

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

PLEASE ASK ME, THE SELF-PROFESSED NO #1 PAUL CATTERMOLE FAN IN THE SOMETHING AWFUL S-CLUB 7 MEGATHREAD, TO NAME A SINGLE SONG BY HIS EXCELLENT NU-METAL SIDE PROJECT, SKUA, AND IF I CAN'T PLEASE TELL ME TO
EAT SHIT

Squirrel Hazelnut Wars - just add a 'press to activate squirrel shield' button and rudimentary collision detection and you get yourself the next Flappy Bird!

Superschaf
May 20, 2010

Here are some of my favourite glitches from working with emulators:

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch
That's some art right there.

dupersaurus
Aug 1, 2012

Futurism was an art movement where dudes were all 'CARS ARE COOL AND THE PAST IS FOR CHUMPS. LET'S DRAW SOME CARS.'

Superschaf posted:

Here are some of my favourite glitches from working with emulators:

Dwarf Fortress is getting a bit out of hand

a cyberpunk goose
May 21, 2007

dupersaurus posted:

Dwarf Fortress is getting a bit out of hand

:smuggo: I can tell what's going on, stop using tiles and learn to truly open your eyes

Bert of the Forest
Apr 27, 2013

Shucks folks, I'm speechless. Hawf Hawf Hawf!
Implementing new players recently. Everything seems to be in ord-OOOH CHRIST!

TomR
Apr 1, 2003
Shaders are fun! Don't watch if you got epilepsy.

http://youtu.be/vFMC-qbaahU

Newf
Feb 14, 2006
I appreciate hacky sack on a much deeper level than you.

TomR posted:

Shaders are fun! Don't watch if you got epilepsy.

http://youtu.be/vFMC-qbaahU

Ah, the shimmering sea.

DeathBySpoon
Dec 17, 2007

On the next episode of "Fun with Shaders"

DeathBySpoon
Dec 17, 2007

And this is what happens when I set the wrong targetting mode for my skills.

Jaded Burnout
Jul 10, 2004

DeathBySpoon posted:

I like the fast moving animation style.

Sad Mammal
Feb 5, 2008

You see me laughin

DeathBySpoon posted:

On the next episode of "Fun with Shaders"

Horror RPG: Infinite Giygas Drive

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

DeathBySpoon posted:

Are the player's party members attacking themselves :confused:

The UI looks very smooth and classy, though!

Sprite141
Feb 7, 2009

I should really just
learn to stop talking.

Lutha Mahtin posted:

Are the player's party members attacking themselves :confused:

The UI looks very smooth and classy, though!

Looks like he's telling each party member to use a command on a spider, causing the spider to use the command on that party member instead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeathBySpoon
Dec 17, 2007

Sprite141 posted:

Looks like he's telling each party member to use a command on a spider, causing the spider to use the command on that party member instead.

Yeah, pretty much this. Improvised Weaponry is a skill that hits 1-3x, using a different physical element each time. I tried to use it on the spider but instead the spider used it on my team and wiped me out.

• Locked thread