Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DeathBySpoon
Dec 17, 2007

I got myself a paper clip!
Sharing broken render shots in #SAGameDev led to the idea for this thread. Show off unintended behavior in your projects and laugh at other people's misfortune. I'll start with the wonderful progress I've made on my map editor:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeathBySpoon
Dec 17, 2007

Well that's... Escher-esque.

DeathBySpoon
Dec 17, 2007

I am bad at 3D.

I want to play an RPG that's like this everywhere.

DeathBySpoon
Dec 17, 2007

Yes I think this is correct.

DeathBySpoon
Dec 17, 2007

On the next episode of "Fun with Shaders"

DeathBySpoon
Dec 17, 2007

And this is what happens when I set the wrong targetting mode for my skills.

DeathBySpoon
Dec 17, 2007

Sprite141 posted:

Looks like he's telling each party member to use a command on a spider, causing the spider to use the command on that party member instead.

Yeah, pretty much this. Improvised Weaponry is a skill that hits 1-3x, using a different physical element each time. I tried to use it on the spider but instead the spider used it on my team and wiped me out.

DeathBySpoon
Dec 17, 2007

That's... not quite how I intended buildings to come out.

DeathBySpoon
Dec 17, 2007

Well, no screenshot for this one, but I just hunted down one of the weirder bugs I've had in a while. I'm working on a roguelike. Totally randomly, the game would freeze on startup. It would get to drawing the HUD, so it wasn't hanging on map generation. For a while I thought the player wasn't getting added to the active entities for some reason, but the actual solution was way better. All of my game objects are just collections of attributes, like "flying" or "alive". This makes modifying stats really easy; I just add up all of the matching attributes for an object, its equipment, and statuses. A Ring of Strength might have "STR=3", the player has STR set to whatever their base stat is, and the Crippled status has "STR=-2". Well, this backfired on me. I use one of these attributes to determine turn speed. I had some Dash Boots with a negative turn speed. Well, every time they spawned, they would get the first turn and time would never advance because their turn took negative time. The boots were so fast time stood still in comparison. Whoops.

DeathBySpoon
Dec 17, 2007

Roguelike glitches are the best glitches.

DeathBySpoon
Dec 17, 2007

I'm good at viewports.

DeathBySpoon
Dec 17, 2007

Alright, now you stop automatically when something hostile comes into view:

Well, almost.

DeathBySpoon
Dec 17, 2007

Debugging something unrelated in Roggle and got one-shot by what can only be described as a Mega Ant. Take a look at it's HP on the right side of the screen. For reference, ants usually have between 10-20 HP. No clue what caused this but it's definitely in the roguelike spirit.

EDIT: OH GOD

DeathBySpoon fucked around with this message at 21:05 on Nov 8, 2015

DeathBySpoon
Dec 17, 2007

Fun with shaders!

E:

DeathBySpoon fucked around with this message at 14:33 on Dec 13, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeathBySpoon
Dec 17, 2007

Is that Protectron supposed to be armed? I haven't played much FO4 but I don't think I've ever seen one just slap the poo poo out of you. Bethsoft games really are just never ending glitch factories.

• Locked thread