Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SharpenedSpoonv2
Aug 28, 2008
In trying to make a very simple Geometry Wars clone in between 'good'/original ideas, I wanted to make enemies tilt towards their direction of travel. Turns out making 3D things rotate in 3D, but move in 2D is hard :V

SharpenedSpoonv2 fucked around with this message at 05:30 on May 22, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SharpenedSpoonv2
Aug 28, 2008

Jewel posted:

If you didn't work it out yet, I'm thinking this comes from translation then rotation. Try rotation then translation. You'll be rotating around the origin, so if you translate first the origin is far away, leading to the orbiting effect!

Thanks - I had fixed it right after taking those gifs. It was actually due to (mis)use of built in Unity utility functions for LookAt, as well as applying rotation to the wrong parent or child object. For the record, I did get it eventually! :)

SharpenedSpoonv2
Aug 28, 2008

poemdexter posted:

If you add sprites to an existing atlas, unity doesn't give a flying gently caress about your animations and will start throwing random sprites all over the loving place.

It's going to take me all night to fix about 50 animations.
Guys I'm really not sure if I like the direction that poem is taking Swipe And Slash, but I'm not sure how to bring it up to him help me :derp:

• Locked thread