Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
wayfinder
Jul 7, 2003
I'm making this little platformer, right? So I was creating a walk cycle for a character, and I added a null object to control the angle of the lower body to orient it according to the ground normal. But I accidentally set the null's texture not to null, but to the arm texture instead.

The result:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wayfinder
Jul 7, 2003

Internet Janitor posted:

I don't think this is how juggling works.

I'm just amazed that you managed to draw perfectly recognizable squirrels in 8x9 pixels with 1 bit color!

wayfinder
Jul 7, 2003
I should clear my screenspace emissive map better :3

It's like the ghosts are giving me the finger!

wayfinder
Jul 7, 2003
I transformed the canvas I was drawing on to accommodate the scale/skew of the object I was drawing, and didn't reset that transform before clearing it for the next frame.

(In addition, I failed to allow for my sprite's pivot point so it was drawn half a body height too far up)

wayfinder
Jul 7, 2003
I'm getting shades of the cinema in Duke Nukem 3D's first level, and Super Mario 64's castle

wayfinder
Jul 7, 2003

ErIog posted:

Something's wrong with my perspective projection, but I'm not sure I care what if it means I can accidentally produce sweet album covers.

wayfinder
Jul 7, 2003

Wheany posted:

So has anyone ever made up a games console, then made an emulator for it and made games based on the hardware limitations of the made up console?

Like the imaginary console would have some set specs that you cannot go over (like having 4 kB of RAM, or being able to only display 8 sprites)

Because I was just thinking how restrictions like those are partially the reason why programmers had to do tricks that then later turned into glitches that for example enable sequence breaking.

That's Pico8, pretty much.

wayfinder
Jul 7, 2003
EEEeeeeee

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wayfinder
Jul 7, 2003
I love Jazz

• Locked thread