Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
East of West got the hooks in me and I was wondering if there are other good books that use revelation stuff, other than Lucifer and Preacher?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Definitely ms marvel and squirrel girl. I'd also throw in Kate leth's currently running Patsy Walker aka Hellcat, which has a prequel of sorts by way of Soule's she-hulk. A-Force is good but starts as a secret wars mini, which might be slightly confusing. There's also Moon Girl and Devil Dinosaur which is not only good but aimed at younger readers.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Yeah tbh I don't think Harley is good enough for a birthday present, unless she's already reading it and you're getting the next volume or something. She'd be better off with something else.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Hmm off the top of my head my list would probably be

Usg
Ms marvel
Gwenpool
Patsy Walker
Moon girl
Mockingbird
Aforce
Spiderwoman
Capt marvel
Black widow
Wolverine
Scarlet witch
Silk
Spidergwen

What am i missing?

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
drat, here I thought I did pretty well for doing that from memory. Can't believe I forgot Thor of all things. That would probably be #3

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
East of West is good

And yeah The Ultimates if you want really good cosmic marvel, I wouldn't call it character driven though

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Dark Horse: Bounty, Cryptocracy
DC: The Legend of Wonder Woman
IDW: Ghostbusters International
Image: East of West
Marvel: The Ultimates, The Unbeatable Squirrel Girl

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
That one howard the duck with the vampire cow

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Cryptocracy has me wanting more comics based around major conspiracy theories like xfiles and deus ex, anybody have any suggestions?

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Lurdiak posted:

From Hell.

I managed to snag that trade of this with all of Moore's annotations and stuff when i worked for a used bookstore a few years back. So loving good.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
I'm looking to read some essential Thanos/Infinity Gauntlet/Gems and wiki is telling me that i want to look at

Silver Surfer vol3 #34
Thanos Quest 1-2
The Infinity Gauntlet 1-6
The Infinity War 1-6
The Infinity Crusade 1-6

are any of those skippable, are there any tie ins I should read, any other books i should add to my list?

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

joehonkie posted:

Silver Surfer #34-38 you mean.

Especially #36.

Dang, okay good thing I asked it looks like I would've missed a bunch of stuff. Thanks!

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
I agree, Azzarellos run was good and the series took a decline after he left. If you liked that and want more WW I'd recommend The Legend of Wonder Woman ongoing. It's different tonally, but the quality is there.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
What's that?

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

redbackground posted:

The excellent anthology WW run that came out at around the same time as the Finch series.

http://comicbookdb.com/title.php?ID=45218

Huh okay I'll have to take a look at these, thanks!

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
I would like to say thank you to X-O for saving me from missing out on a ton of story for Infinity Gauntlet and it's good stuff too I'm enjoying it

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Hickman's Avengers run 2012?-2015

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
I only listed avengers cuz cap isn't in ff or na (e: okay he's in the beginning of na)

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

chitoryu12 posted:

Started reading Locke & Key yesterday, since I liked Joe Hill's Heart-Shaped Box and thought it was cool that he was writing horror comics.

I'm currently on volume 3 and I'll probably have the whole series finished tomorrow. I can't stop. Help.

Locke and Key was a great series you're fortunate you don't have to sit through the excruciating breaks between the final arcs

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
I enjoyed the recent slott Silver Surfer run immensely it was really good

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
How fortunate for Hillary, she is no longer a viable subplot for a deadpool comic

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Bubble-T posted:

Things I've enjoyed lately:

Patsy Walker aka Hellcat
Power Man and Iron Fist
Ms Marvel

What else should I read in that vein? I briefly read some squirrel girl and that was maybe too tongue in cheek for me but I'd be willing to give it another shot.

If you like Patsy you might like the book the same creative team is doing over at boom called Goldie Vance

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
So I've been playing a lot of shadowrun and syndicate and i watched ghost in the shell for the first time the other night and deus ex is one of my favorite franchises ever (i did read the prequel comic series to deus ex 4) and I'm wondering if there are any good stories in comic form dealing with future tech worlds and transhumanism and such

(If possible i would like to stay away from stuff that mixes in fantasy/magic like shadowrun does and just be tech only)

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Cool, thanks for the suggestions guys. Does anyone know if they ever made any gits comics? I see there's a lot of manga but tbh the black and white gives me a literal headache sometimes and I'd rather avoid it

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Slam seems to be a good book but theres only two issues and the last panel of 2 is literally the protag yelling "i got laid!!!" after hooking up with a dude the page prior so maybe its bit too old for a nine year old

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Uthor posted:

For a big, but not uncritical, fan of Warren Ellis, how is The Wild Storm?

Well i havent read the previous stuff so i cant compare it but having just finished it a few minutes ago I'd say it was a pretty good introductory issue

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Sorrentino's art is definitely the reason you'd follow that book, not the story

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
David f walkers recent Nighthawk

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Hellcat was a good girl comedy book, but it may be too cutesy for what you're looking for

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
I thought bendis' torso was good crime comic. Had some cool art too

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
I liked world of wakanda because its about a black lesbian couple and thats probably never gonna happen ever again in the marvel universe, but tbh it was also a prose writer's first foray into comics and a lot of people didn't like the writing style so ymmv

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Aarons thor is very good, well worth a read. I'd suspect there might be a JaneThor collection in a few months but i dunno what their plans are for odinson

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Aarons run starts with thor god of thunder from 2012

http://marvel.com/comics/issue/44198/thor_god_of_thunder_2012_1

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Well... Kate leths Hellcat run is my go to rec for people who like those but its not a current ongoing series

Tbh since marvel just canned Gwenpool theres nothing else like squirrel girl there that i can think of, except for (as you mentioned) moon girl but thats at aimed at a younger demo. Spider-gwen is definitely not

site fucked around with this message at 06:59 on Jan 25, 2018

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
There are ya novels about miles Morales and squirrel girl but I have no idea if they're good or not

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
That just jogged my memory that there are some Lois lane ya novels that are supposed to be good

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
i stopped reading after the arc with their genetic hybrid clone daughter but i remember liking the parts of spidey/dp where it was just the two of them interacting because spidey was pretty on point and i really liked how dp was a total failson all the time but genuinely looked up to pete as a friend and aspiration. iirc it has some problems where the main writer and artist were too slow for month to month so every once in a while an arc would just totally stop and have some random stories happen with guest creators tho

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Someone was asking about novels earlier apparently Greg pak has done some

https://twitter.com/BronzeAgeBabies/status/959981025903472640

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Aw jeeze, i figured from the context and the book designs...

Oh well

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
lockjaw is coming out soon maybe good doggo will like that