Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Anime_Otaku
Dec 6, 2009
I'm kind of into comics that have superheroes but slaps them in the face with a dose of something that is close to reality. I'm talking about either things like Penence where the vigilante superheroes are faced by actual competent police forces who actually bring them to justice when a villian gets knockec off of a roof. Alternately books like Supurbia, Ultra or Hero 9 to 5 where superheroes are pretty much treated as celebs or atheletes and are otherwise just normal people except for the superpowers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anime_Otaku
Dec 6, 2009

Brocktoon posted:

Powers, Gotham Central, X-Force/X-Statix and Bendis' DD are all great suggestions. You may also like Top 10, which is about the police force in a world where everyone has superpowers, making them somewhat mundane. Or maybe Alias, which is Bendis' series about a former superheroine who is now a private eye.

Enjoying Powers, Gotham Central and DD so far. Can't find X-statix on Comixology though X-Force shows up. I've read book one of Top 10 but can't seem to track down book 2 or a digital version. Going to give Alias a go.

Anime_Otaku
Dec 6, 2009
I posted this in the digital comics thread already, maybe it should go here too/instead.

What good comics are there on Comixology that are centred on villains? I just got, and read, the first volume of Superior Iron Man and recently binged through the Avengers Academy/Arena/Undercover so I'd be happy with either a title where the villain is just being a wonderfully massive jerk to everyone like SIM or a title that shows the villains aren't just a massive jerk like AU. I've got Irredeemable and a bunch of the Batman graphic novels that are Joker centric.

Anime_Otaku
Dec 6, 2009
There's also that one volume of Deadpool where he decides to be a pirate.

Is there any good comics with disabled protagonists who actually are impaired by whatever they're supposed to have wrong with them? 've got Spina Bifida and it's one thing that's irked me for a while is that people like Daredevil have disabilities, but then they have some ability that seems to totally negate it. Equally, I do like Nico Minoru and Elsa Bloodstone, but they may as well have both arms intact for all their prosthetic arms impede them, I'm aware both are magic, but that's part of the problem as stated above. The only character I can think of is Oracle but of course they went and fixed her too, so she's back to being Batgirl.

Anime_Otaku
Dec 6, 2009

Doctor Spaceman posted:

Does Hawkeye's deafness count?

Even deaf people would debate among themselves weather or not it counts. I loved the run, I think just before the ANAD reboot with the Russian mobsters and the crooked cirque du soleil.

I hadn't been thinking of mental disabilities when I posted but I remember Silk being mentioned recently and thinking it sounded interesting.
What is the Venom run I'd be looking for?
Also I've only been really back into comics for a few years so I'm still mainly looking at superhero stories but I have been branching out into other genres.

Anime_Otaku fucked around with this message at 02:23 on Sep 28, 2016