Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

I blazed through The Green River Killer and My Friend Dahmer recently and can recommend both of those. From Hell is also a possibility. Although, on second thought, be careful you don't creep her out since I'm feeling like a weirdo sharing fozzy fosbourne's favorite serial killer comics..

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

There is a sale on DC's 52 on comixology. For someone who doesn't read much DC, is this worth checking out?

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

Batman also kind of owns in Grant Morrison's JLA. Morrison made him even more Batman-y when contrasted with the rest of that group. It's something special.

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

What are some good story arcs that feature Moon Knight that are on Unlimited? I have the most recent series.

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

In addition to other people's recommendations, I'd add:

Alan Moore Swamp Thing
Alan Moore Miracle Man
Warren Ellis Planetary
Maaaaaybe Grant Morrison Batman RIP although this kind of requires understanding a lot of both Morrison and Batman context to enjoy it
Brian K Vaughn Private Eye (on Panel Syndicate, digital only)
David Hine Bulletproof Coffin
Jonathan Hickman East of West
Matt Kindt Mind MGMT
Grant Morrison Seaguy
Jeff Lemire Sweet Tooth
Neil Gaiman Sandman
Eric Stephenson Nowhere Men (hesitant to recommend because it's been on hiatus forever)
Ales Kot Zero
Alan Moore Top Ten
Alan Moore Supreme
Alan Moore Promethea
Alan Moore League of Extraordinary Gentlemen

Fake edit: I regret writing this list with just the writers as if the artists aren't significant, but I'm lazy and just hammering this out in my iphone

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

Oh yeah, Grant Morrison crazy comics guy, add China Mieville's Dial H to my list

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

Marvels has a brief but neat take on that Fantastic Four Galactus origin story, from the perspective of a reporter. It's also just a really good book.

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

Peak Charles Soule recommendations?

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

shaqula posted:

any reccomendations for poo poo like the new jonah hex, fear agent, loveless, and manifest destiny. fear agent has gotta be my favorite comic ever. also liked maybe preacher, transmetropolitan, and hellblazer.

Check out Black Science

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

shaqula posted:

it looks bad rear end, thats what im lookin for

Prophet is pretty bad rear end too. You might like Saga if you haven't already read it. Storm Dogs, Copperhead, Starlight and Annihilators are more sci fi stuff I'm reading. We3 is pretty awesome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

I like Providence a lot