Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:

Franchescanado posted:

I got Marvel Unlimited recently, and I've been using this thread, the older thread, and various best-of list I googled to build up a library of stuff to read. Nonetheless, the sheer amount of comics can be overwhelming. I'm still trying to find the best arcs of the most popular characters, but I'm also trying to spread out on lesser-known characters as well.

Today in my googling, I came across this amazing web page that breaks down a lot of famous arcs and where to find them on Unlimited. It also mentions specific issues as well, so that's an option.

The same website has another page that breaks down major events in Marvel's history, from before Avengers Disassembled to Infinity, also Unlimited friendly.

I dunno if you want to put these links on the first page of the thread, but I they've helped me a LOT.

Also, if anyone's interested in reading through Annihilation, the Thanos 12-issue series (2003) by Starlin and then Giffen isn't that good.

I was planning to get Marvel Unlimited so this helps out a ton.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:

Phylodox posted:

Does Rat Queens count as modern? It's set in a fantasy world, but it seems like more of a contemporary fantasy world with, like, cell phones and hipsters and stuff.

Rat Queens strikes me as a bunch of friends playing a fantasy MMO with all the bullshitting and smack talk baked in. It is very entertaining but very far from serious business fantasy.