Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The D in Detroit
Oct 13, 2012
Just read "What's So Funny About Truth, Justice & the American Way?" and was wondering if there are any good one-shot Superman comics, where the entire story takes place in one issue. I'm probably going to get "Whatever happened to the Man Of Tomorrow" and "For the Man Who Has Everything" so are there any other good one-shot comics like those?

Also, did Superman ever appear in Ostrander's Suicide Squad?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The D in Detroit
Oct 13, 2012
Thanks for the suggestions guys. I've already seen the Red Son motion comic so I don't feel the need to experience it again despite how awesome it is. The digital comic looks great though, I've been wary of anything DC puts out since New 52 but this looks like it doesn't take place in any kind of continuity which is good.

Thanks again guys.

The D in Detroit
Oct 13, 2012

Opopanax posted:

Ostrander's Suicide Squad is pretty great.

Yea, too bad they'll never collect the entire thing...

Edit: Well, except for the first volume I guess.

The D in Detroit fucked around with this message at 14:19 on May 23, 2014

The D in Detroit
Oct 13, 2012
Hey guys so I've been trying to care about New 52 and so far I enjoy Animal Man and Green Arrow, who are both coincidentally written by Jeff Lemire, so maybe it's just his writing I enjoy. I've heard weird things about Batwoman, which I'm thinking about picking up. Is it worth getting the first volume or does DC kinda gently caress it up?

The D in Detroit
Oct 13, 2012
i know you said no Marvel but Ellis' run on Moon Knight is very good and only six issues long if you haven't read it already.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The D in Detroit
Oct 13, 2012
is Moon Knight Vol 3 worth buying?

I really liked the first volume and I thought the second one was fine enough so if it's equal to that in quality then I'll probably get it.