Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

sleepingbuddha posted:

Anything I should read before I start Remender's Uncanny X-Force?

Dark Reign: The List: Wolverine features The World - a facility with confusing mechanics that plays a huge role in the UXF story.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

Kart Barfunkel posted:

Lately I've been getting into those stoney comics of substance. Forming, Megahex (Megg, Mogg, & Owl), and Michael DeForge stuff. Not just off-beat to be off-beat, you know? What are some alt-favorites that are colorful, generally light on plot but are funny in their schoolyard dialogue? There's a definite trend that I'm not sure how to concisely describe. These kinds of comics really offset the heavy novels I've been having to read lately.

Matt Furie can probably be considered the daddy (or older brother) of all that stuff.
Julia Gfrorer mixes the "whatever" attitude of the current crop of altcomics with horror.
Dash Shaw and Johnny Negron are always worth following.

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

SMP posted:

Daredevil very quickly became my favorite superhero and the Netflix series trailer got me hyped as hell. What are some other good reads? I've read:

Frank Miller's Daredevil
Born Again
Man Without Fear
Daredevil: Yellow
Bendis' Daredevil
Brubaker's Daredevil
End of Days
Waid's Daredevil

Stuff with Gladiator, Typhoid Mary, Purple Man (yes I've read Alias), and maybe The Owl would be cool. I've read a lot of Elektra/Bullseye/Kingpin stuff by now, so focus on his lesser villains would be cool. His journeys in San Francisco or with Black Widow (not the current run) would be sweet too.

That's about every good Daredevil comic in existence! Save for Ann Nocenti/John Romita run - It is quite excellent, but off-beat at times.
Owl is featured in the Superior Foes of Spider-Man, but it is a comedy book.

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

Cyphoderus posted:

I wanted a recommendation on action-y team superhero comics. Things in the genre I've read and enjoyed a lot:
Chris Claremont's Uncanny X-Men
Grant Morrison's Justice League
Warren Ellis' Stormwatch and Authority
I've been catching up with Avengers by Jonathan Hickman (just finished Infinity) but not liking the bad pacing and poor character work; I find it reads like a movie trailer of itself. Maybe New Avengers is better about this?
I've also got Morrison's X-Men lined up for reading.

What are some other good comics that also happen to be about action and superhero teams? Is there any Avengers (and affiliated titles) run/storyline that's considered really good?

After you finish Morrison's New X-Men you should try Uncanny X-Force, it is a really good and stylish story that rides his concepts extremely well.
Secret Avengers by Warren Ellis is very short (6 issues I think), but it is a great team comic.