Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Danknificent
Nov 20, 2015

Jinkies! Looks like we've got a mystery on our hands.

Lucifunk posted:

I'm starting a pull box for the first time in years. I don't really need any Big 2 unless it's just that I want to display the cover. I'm blanking on what to put on it. I have subs to both online services

I really want to support this store. It has a mirror universe Simpson's comic book guy who works there and was one of the nicest comic store workers I've ever met. He heard my wife wasn't big into comics so he found her a stack of 99 cent Star Trek novels, and a working Picard Enterprise toy from the 90s. Also minority owned which I try to support, especially in this space.

Too much of my collection is in storage after a move to dig through. So far I've got Love Everlasting, and the Sisko focused Star Trek series, but most of the books I like these days are short runs. I also haven't been in any comic shops very much at all, and that's just been since January this year. Other recent indies I really liked were Deep Cuts, Do A Powerbomb, and 8 Billion Genies.

Someone mentioned some Cyberpunk series and a Blade Runner book. I like grounded scifi, scifi like The Expanse, The Peripheral, shows like that. More serious than something fun like Guardians of the Galaxy. Love Everlasting is my favorite book currently, so I also like relationships and romance books. They don't have to be straight hetero or anything either, I'm fine with anything good. Even wild rear end romcoms like Sunstone and Mr and Mrs X. I have particular tastes that I'd like, but open to most anything. Not big on t&a stuff, it just always seems corny and desperate.

That said, I keep hearing about Gun Honey and Brubaker endorses it as good pulp noir (another fave style of mine and a fave writer) but it may just be guns and boobs. I also like revenge stories. I love the Parker adaptions and Criminal. Ninjas are always rad, I was an early 80s kid.

Also not a huge manga fan, but not opposed to something that fits the bill. I'm almost 50 and it generally just seems to be aimed at younger readers and I often don't enjoy the art styles. I'm almost 50 and it just doesn't appeal to me around 95% of the time. An example I like in an anime form is Way of the Househusband.

That's a vague idea of what I'd like to jump into, but I will look into any other suggestions outside of my main interests also. I'll try anything once.

I also justify some of my irresponsible purchases by saying that I want to support my local store. It's valid!

The Blade Runner book is in the final (allegedly) arc of its run. The previous runs were 12 issues, so there are 7 left in 2039. I think it's pretty good quality, personally. It kind of finds its feet in 2019, 2029 is solid, and 2039 has been more of the same.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Danknificent
Nov 20, 2015

Jinkies! Looks like we've got a mystery on our hands.
Rook: Exodus had a good first issue (it’s new)