Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Heavy Metal posted:

Cobra: The Last Laugh, cool neo-noir tale that can be read on its own. Started with a forgotten GI Joe reboot, but this story is never forgotten.

I also highly recommend the GI Joe series written by Paul Allor that should have really been A Thing but sadly didn't catch on. Also as a reminder for all things Hasbro IDW loses the license very soon so if you want to purchase them it's probably best to do so soon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Hiro Protagonist posted:

What are some good currently running DC comics series? Priority would probably be weird poo poo, Green Lantern, the Flash, Superman, Wonder woman, then Batman, from most to least interested, but I would be down for any good runs.

Happily Flash is very good now if that's a favorite. Nightwing's probably DC's best ongoing at the moment with Tom Taylor at the helm, and he's also doing good thing on Superman. If you're looking for wild, there's also Taylor's medieval AU Dark Knights of Steel. Batgirls is a personal favorite but I'm a big fan of Cass Cain and Stephanie Brown, so bias.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Alaois posted:

i liked Inferno but its probably only really interesting if you read Hopeless' Cable & X-Force series beforehand

It's still really good even so. Domino x Colossus OTP.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Air Skwirl posted:

Yeah, Born Again has back story for poo poo that happens in Daredevil (that's the start of Bendis run, right?) but it's all explained in dialogue so you'll be able to figure it out. Born Again is really good comics however, so I wouldn't sleep on it if you're willing to go farther back.

It still might be the best Daredevil story ever. If you called it your favorite comic ever I wouldn't fight you on it.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Opopanax posted:

It's definitely one of their more accessible works but I mean they're one of the best Big 2 writers of all time. Invisibles, Doom Patrol, Animal Man, Final Crisis, We3, X-men, Arkham Asylum, you really can't go wrong

It's true. It's more about what flavor of Grant you want.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Opopanax posted:

Probably the stuff about Spider, who is just Ellis' self insert, sleeping with his much younger assistant, which is something Ellis has done more than once

Yeah, Ellis' Mary Sue ranting about abuses of power is looked on in a different light now.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Vulpes Vulpes posted:

Doctor Strange's ghost dog Bats is the best.

Bats meeting Spider-Man and Bats "vs." Dormmamu are all-timers.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Vulpes Vulpes posted:

I've been keeping a Bats POV issue in my pocket for a little while, and let me tell you, I'm looking forward to it.

I would like to pre-emptively give you an Eisner now.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Madkal posted:

Oh it absolutely will.
I forgot that Mark Russel did a short story in Batman: Urban Legends about Ace the Bathound gathering a bunch of other cute animals to go rescue Batman who had been kidnapped by a bunch of jerks.

There's also a really good issue of DCeased: Hope at World's End that focused on Ace and Krypto, with bonus Detective Chimp.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Black's Myth is really good, about a werewolf private investigator and her djinn partner. And it goes the weird werewolf myth route, where she has to fight Satan every year to make sure the harvest comes in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Going to add Kelly Thompson's Black Widow and Gail Simone's (again) Domino.