Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Thrilling the forums since 2001

One Tall Fellow posted:

On a different note entirely, I've really been enjoying Terry Moore's Rachel Rising. Are there any other good character-driven occult/horror series out there? e: I already read Hellboy/BPRD, just to get that out of the way.
Fatale might be what you're looking for. Lots of good occult centering on a handful of characters. It's up to issue 20 with an end coming at 24. There's 3 or 4 trades out currently.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Soonmot posted:

I have the first three hardcovers. It's a really great take on the vampire mythos and I'm saddened that Snyder would rather make some actual money writing Batman than starve and write more AV, but I am also selfish and love vampires.

Am Vamp starts back up this week or next.

Rafael Albuquerque doesn't get enough talk for his half on the books. The art is utterly exceptional.

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Not quite Everyday Man Rising To The Occasion but Brubaker's Captain America is one of the best spy books I had read in a long time. I believe the omnibuses are still mostly in print and I'm sure a lot of the material is on unlimited.

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

There's an Invisibles omni out there, which is good and bad.
Good because the Invisibles is fantastic and should be read by everyone. Bad because the fucker is massive. It's the largest omni I believe put out by either of the big two.

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Fuse is a great space detective story but it's not grand scale cosmic if that's what you're looking for. But it is detectives on a space station solving crime through police work. The first TPB is available now and the second arc should be starting soon.