Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Capn Jobe
Jan 18, 2003

That's right. Here it is. But it's like you always have compared the sword, the making of the sword, with the making of the character. Cuz the stronger, the stronger it will get, right, the stronger the steel will get, with all that, and the same as with the character.
Soiled Meat
I learned about Ennis' The Boys on SA some years ago. Finally now, thanks to a long train commute and Comixology, I've been working my way through it. And let me say, I've been loving it; I was expecting 'dark' humor, but it's just insane.

Only problem is, I'm coming close to the end, and I guess I'll need a recommendation as to what to read next. I'm pretty new to comics, actually; I mean I've read Watchmen and some of the early Ultimate Marvel titles, but that's mostly it.

I suppose the obvious choice would be Preacher, and I definitely want to read that, but can anyone toss any other recs my way?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Capn Jobe
Jan 18, 2003

That's right. Here it is. But it's like you always have compared the sword, the making of the sword, with the making of the character. Cuz the stronger, the stronger it will get, right, the stronger the steel will get, with all that, and the same as with the character.
Soiled Meat
Being one of those strange folk who enjoyed the movie (or at least the casting), I just finished The Losers. It had ups and downs, but some pretty great moments.

For what to do next, I have a few options. I'd be willing to look at something similar to The Losers, if anyone has any recommendations.

But I'm also feeling sort of like something Sci-Fi. I've been on a Garth Ennis kick lately after reading The Boys, and did the first volume of Preacher. For some reason Comixology doesn't have the second volume at the moment, so that one's on hold. And then somehow I get Garth Ennis and Warren Ellis' names mixed up in my head, and came across Ministry of Space. I'm probably going to do that next, but if anyone else has any sort of old-timey sci-fi ideas, I'd love to hear them.

Capn Jobe fucked around with this message at 04:41 on May 30, 2014

Capn Jobe
Jan 18, 2003

Soiled Meat
Ha, I'd not realized just how short Ministry of Space is. So on to Planetary I guess.

I was talking to a co-worker today about it, and he was of the opinion that I should read all of Ellis' other work first, since none of it is as good as Planetary (in his opinion). I've already got the first collection, so I'm going to do that next, but drat if that's not some serious praise.