Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

Zoro posted:

Hey, anyone know any series that focus on super cops? I'm aware of Savage Dragon, though I never read it and am only loosely aware of the premise. I'm thinking of a series where superhumans work for the police force, or some equivalent, and are treated as government employees. It's not mandatory to work for the government, but using your powers is heavily regulated regardless. Want to use super speed to commute? Sure, but you got to use a special lane. Stuff like that. And costume vigilantes are treated much like they would be in real life: wacakadoos. Maybe the villians where costumes, maybe they just have powers. Some element of civil issues between those with powers and those without would also be great.

Basically, a super, super realistic take on how people would eventually acclimate and assimilate superhumans into society.

I'm just wondering if anyone like this exists, especially if it follows the supercops and is done like a police procedural with heavy political elements.
It might not be quite what you're looking for, but there was a short X-series called District X, which featured Bishop working for the NYPD in Mutant Town. It was during Morrison's run on X-Men, Hine's series was one which did a pretty good job of taking that and just running with it. But basically it was a police procedural set in a mutant ghetto.

It only ran for 14 issues, it was followed by a House of M 5 issue mini called Mutopia X.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Batman: The Black Mirror is a really good story by Scott Snyder and Jock which features Dick as Batman.

https://www.comixology.eu/Batman-The-Black-Mirror/digital-comic/48354?ref=c2VhcmNoL2luZGV4L2Rlc2t0b3Avc2xpZGVyTGlzdC90b3BSZXN1bHRzU2xpZGVy

Seconding Gotham Central and 52 also.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Samuringa posted:

I meant it here, of course it's collected in the US :v:

But thanks, I'll put it on my wishlist.
Where is "here"? Anything Big Two published in the US is published (in English) everywhere else the same week.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

ok but have you ever read any good batman

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

obi_ant posted:

Looks like Bendis’s Secret Invasion omnibus is out, was there another omnibus before this one?
No, it pretty much picks up where Civil War leaves off.