Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
Joe Sacco does Palestine and Footnotes in Gaza. Former is in the 90s and Gaza a few years ago.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006

Teenage Fansub posted:

Absolutely seconded.

Bandette is great and costs a buck on Comixology!

What lovely art and a fun, funny story.

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
Usagi Yojimbo is fantastic. Stan Sakai also did a really lovely adaptation of the 47 Ronin too.

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006

Moriatti posted:

Thanks! Is this avail on Unlimited? Because I'm considering that service, and this seems like something I would gobble up.

Appears it isn't. They had me at James Robinson too.

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
I love Deadly Class. It's a really good read!

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
The new Deadpool is excellent especially the Tony Stark and White Man stuff.

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
I didn't enjoy the start of Aaron's Thor but I just reread Accursed and loved it. So I want to go back and reread the rest in a row, not as a month to month experience.

Also I want to reread the JMS stuff, what's the reading order?

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
Hickman's FF was tough for me. I reread it but a lot of the sciency stuff went over my head. I did enjoy it overall but are having a similar problem with the Avengers now.

I'm just about to finish off the Fraction runs of F4 and FF and FF is pretty good but F4 hot really poor after a good start.

But my favourite of them all is James Robinson's current run.

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
I agree with Zaph about YA. Also Hawkeye probably won't appeal to a 10 year old. Wolverine and the X-Men would be terrific, I'd also recommend Mz Marvel and Nova. New Warriors is okay too.

Outside of superheroes, Lookouts and Bandette would be real stimulating and look gorgeous.

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006

irlZaphod posted:

I didn't really like Waid's Hulk.

You should check out Planet Hulk though, it's brilliant.

I completely agree with these opinions.

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
What's the reasoning for the dislike of Kevin Smith's Daredevil again. Had an urge to read it and need to be talked off the ledge.

e: starting a reread of the character

hadji murad fucked around with this message at 07:34 on Nov 21, 2014

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
Avengers Season One and Avengers The Origin are on sale at Comixology. How are they regarded?

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
I went into that big cosmic reading order last year and was really happy for it. All the main stuff by Abnett and Lanning was really good, especially Nova. Some of the tie ins can be skipped (I didn't bother with Son of Hulk). I highly recommend it. Made me like everyone of the characters so much more. I prefer it to the current GotG.

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
If the Darkhorse digital sale is still going you can get some Usagi there; it's awesome.

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
Read it all, well worth it. There's also a sale on Avengers and New Avengers today on Comixology.

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
Is Avengers vs Thanos still on sale on Comixology?

Also I just reread the Silver Surfers by Starlin leading up to Thanos Quest last week, they were excellent still and I read them when they were published.

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
Trying to catch up on the Inhumans.

What's he order with Inhuman, Uncanny Inhumans and Attilan Rising?

Confused!

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
Thanks guys, that was a big help!

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
That spread sheet is heaps better but I can't post it from my phone

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
You can buy Scott Pilgrim with a VPN possibly.

I used to buy Godzilla in Japan that way but that was back when I could do IAP in the App.

Also isn't it supposed to be on sale? I only need 6 in colour but it's showing 14.99 for me.

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006

Uthor posted:

You need to enter "ONI" at checkout.

EDIT: Oops, not the digital comics thread.

Thanks!

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006

Hakkesshu posted:

Extremis -> Fraction's Invincible Iron Man is a good beginner combo, I think. Mostly because IIM is collected in really nice, inexpensive hardcovers.

I've done Ellis then skipping to Fraction a couple times and one of my all time favourite runs on a character.

Can't say the stuff in between is bad, just didn't read it for some reason.

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
Just started retreading Morrison's X-Men.

Where was the foundation of the nation of Genosha laid out?

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
So there was basically no development of the island for ten years between that and the destruction?

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006

irlZaphod posted:

The big thing related to Genosha prior to Morrison's run was that Magneto had gone there while the population were suffering from the Legacy Virus (mutant AIDS). When that was magically cured, Magneto suddenly had a large, healthy mutant army at his disposal. That was the Eve of Destruction storyline from Uncanny 392-393 and X-Men (Vol. 2) 111-13.

Will check those out when I get Unlimited again. Thanks Zaph and everyone else!

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006

Nehru the Damaja posted:

I was reading a decent amount of Marvel before the dumb Axis thing stepped in and started ruining all my storylines. Is that poo poo and whatever multiverse fuckery that happened done with?

I was really digging the "fun" titles (Ms. Marvel, Unbeatable Squirrel Girl, Loki: Agent of Asgard, Superior Foes of Spider-Man). Are those or something similar still going? Also any gritty street-level stuff on the same wavelength as Daredevil before the move to San Francisco?

Im reading Ales Kot's Secret Avengers right now and it is definitely fun.

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006

osietra posted:

Is Astro City not just a weak knock off of've Top Ten? If that's not the case, I will set aside time to purchase and peruse.

Can't believe an opinion like this was created. AC is one of the best super hero things ever.

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
Wow, Illuminati was really, really good.

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
Do Descender and Trillium meet that criteria? Not really a SciFi guy but I am a Jeff Lemire one.

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
The 2012-15 series has a few awesome issues that take place in the 1970s. They are incredibly funny.

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
Better yet read Avengers and New Avengers and skip all of Secret Wars.

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
I only say that because the lead up was so good and the ending so boring.

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
I poked the sloppy conclusion hornets nest.

Also the only good SW mini series was written by Dan Slott. Skip the rest.

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
I have no regrets over reading 95% of that cosmic stuff XO posted and the other 5% was just average.

It's great especially Nova and pre famous Guardians.

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
Peter David's X-Factor run is my favourite team book. So many great characters you can't go wrong with it though it (pun not intended) peters out.

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
Yeah, Y is one of the best series. I loved it and will read it through many more times.

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
Find those Duggan issues of Deadpool with the White Man in them. All the 70s stuff was amazing.

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
I'm newly daughtered as well but I don't think it really has made me want to read more female driven Marvel books but Patsy Walker, Ms Marvel, Spider Woman, Silk, Squirrel Girl are all excellent reads. Probably my favourites. Check out Charles Soule's She Hulk too.

What's Gwenpool like? I didn't care much for Spider Gwen after the initial 5 run mini series.

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
What is the premise and how does it tie into the other continuity?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
Reading all those cosmic books was a great idea.