Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

There's actually a few in those lines you could easily get into without knowing anything more than like a sentence or two of (recent) backstory.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

DivineCoffeeBinge posted:

As for Carol, her adoption of the Captain Marvel name came pretty much out of the blue; there was an issue of... I want to say Avengers Assemble... that featured her and Captain America and Cap basically told her "hey it's time to get out of the first Captain Marvel's shadow" that came not long after AvX but it wasn't an event-driven shift; it was one of those decisions that was almost certainly editorially pushed, or at least pushed by the writer (Kelly Sue DeConnick), but it felt - at least to me - like one of those decisions that had been a long time coming anyway, so there was no burning need to get all nerdrage-y about it.

She's not even officially calling herself Captain Marvel for the first few issues of Captain Marvel.

I think she decides to use it after the time travel arc.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Hakkesshu posted:

Actually no, I'm pretty sure "I'm taking the drat name" is from the end of the first issue.

Yeah but time travel so I'm right too!

I don't actually remember, it just seemed like literally taking the Captain Marvel role in her own origin story would be a natural point to do it.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I like nice long runs I can read a few issues of before bed every couple of days.

The sale they had on Ultimate Spider-Man on Comixology not too long ago was perfect, since that was like 200 issues of stuff. I know nothing else from DC or Marvel is going to have that long a run, but something that can occupy a few weeks would be good.

Spider-Man or X-Men would be cool, I have plenty of Avengers stuff. Really anything from DC works too since the only thing from there I've read in a long time was Johns' Green Lantern up to around Brightest Day.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

It's also missing random issues, or several random issues in a row in the middle of some runs for some reason.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

WinnebagoWarrior posted:

I do. Hes crazy. Im pretty sure there were no ghosts but I suppose thats my interpretation of things. I believe it was meant to represent one of his personalities figuring out what had happened before his conscious personality and using imagined ghosts to lead him in the right direction. He also didnt travel to a magical mushroom land, you know what I mean?

Well he didn't do that if you take it at face value either. It was an induced dream.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

You don't need to know anything about the greater DC universe for Injustice.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Plus if you're already including Wonder Woman she's Marvel's closest analogue.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

StashAugustine posted:

Stuff come on Unlimited six months after publication right? How exact is that? The last issue of the 2013 Secret Avengers was published Feb 28 2014 so it should be up in two weeks.

I only signed up a few weeks ago, but looking at the new releases it looks dead on.

The August 11th update is all February 12th releases.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

It's also all on Marvel Unlimited if you don't want to spend as much.