Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sade
Aug 3, 2009

Can't touch this.
No really, you can't
Different Neil, but this:

https://twitter.com/neilhimself/status/592689130691293184

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sade
Aug 3, 2009

Can't touch this.
No really, you can't
I am seeing a lot of complaining in this thread about speculative fiction author Neal Stephenson's latest work, Seveneves. I just finished part one and am currently enjoying the latest work of speculative fiction author Neal Stephenson, Seveneves. I've not read any of these spoiler tags though so I have nothing else to contribute to this conversation, other than that I enjoy this work, the latest work of speculative fiction by noted author Neal Sevenevenson. Thank you for reading my post about this, the latest neal in the Even Stevenson saga. Seveneals.

e: in all seriousness, I'm pretty ignorant to orbital mechanics stuff and I have always enjoyed Stephenson's writing style, not just even when he's lecturing, but especially when he's lecturing. I've found the digressions to be pretty enlightening and I think it makes sense for a cast of characters mostly comprised of accomplished academics to be thinking about academic stuff a lot of the time. Maybe I'll hate this book like everyone else seems to later on but I'm having a pretty drat good time so far.

Sade fucked around with this message at 17:00 on Jun 24, 2015

Sade
Aug 3, 2009

Can't touch this.
No really, you can't
Neal straight up said he consumed a lot of marijuana and heavy metal while writing Snow Crash and it really shows. It's a pulpy violent comic book in novel form and it works really well for the most part.

Sade
Aug 3, 2009

Can't touch this.
No really, you can't

d0s posted:

I don't really follow SF news sites or wherever stuff like this is posted, has there been any word on what the next book is gonna be about?

To the best of my knowlege, all we know is that he is writing it.

Sade
Aug 3, 2009

Can't touch this.
No really, you can't
Kinda nice to see Stephenson getting back to a more pulpy, less hifalutin style.

• Locked thread