Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Ror posted:

Jeph Loeb's Wolverine #53

(cropped down)

I remember because "Wolverine, Christian fundamentalist" will always be a brilliant idea that should have been explored more. You know why it's called the theory of evolution, bub?

Ah yes, Jeph Loeb, the man who gave us ORIGINAL CHARACTER DO NOT STEAL Romulus, and the concept that Wolverine evolved from a loving wolf. Ugggghhhh...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Squidster
Oct 7, 2008

✋😢Life's just better with Ominous Gloves🤗🧤
Could somebody post the Captain America pages where a civilian mother takes up the shield to save an unconscious cap from, uh, Crowbar Guy? The Badass Panels Thread needs you.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Wasn't that during the godawful Chuck Austen run? I think I might have it on my 40 years of Avengers DVD...

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Squidster posted:

Could somebody post the Captain America pages where a civilian mother takes up the shield to save an unconscious cap from, uh, Crowbar Guy? The Badass Panels Thread needs you.

Are you sure that wasn't from Chuck Austen's godawful run on the Avengers? (Did he ever write Captain America?) The civilian mother got turned into Captain Britain, if I remember correctly.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Squidster posted:

This bit?

Avengers vol. 3 #78

Squidster
Oct 7, 2008

I haven't the foggiest idea where it's from, I'm afraid - I'm pretty sure I saw it on SA first. I believe she dies heroically, and her kids end up stuck hanging out with Captain America for a while.

EDIT: That's the one!

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Squidster posted:

I haven't the foggiest idea where it's from, I'm afraid - I'm pretty sure I saw it on SA first. I believe she dies heroically, and her kids end up stuck hanging out with Captain America for a while.

EDIT: That's the one!

One fateful day, her family found themselves on the front line of a battle between the Avengers and the Wrecking Crew. Thunderball rendered Captain America unconscious and Kelsey selflessly put herself between the fallen Captain and the Wasp and their attacker, using the downed hero's shield. While the shield was indestructible, Kelsey wasn't, and the shock from the blows inflicted terrible injuries; she died en route to receiving medical attention.

Kelsey awoke to find herself in a ring of standing stones, where she was met by a vision of Brian Braddock (Captain Britain), currently ruling Otherworld, and his wife, the elemental shapeshifter Meggan. To save Britain from the evil Morgan le Fay, he passed the mantle of Captain Britain to Kelsey. Her heroic act of bravery had earned her a second chance to live and to defend her home. As was Braddock before her; Kelsey was given the choice between the Sword of Might and the Amulet of Right. However, unlike when Braddock made that choice, Kelsey was only presented with the choice between sword or amulet, and she was not informed of their symbolic importance. Kelsey, desperate to see her children again, and not seeing how a necklace could defend anything, chose the sword, the path of violence. Instantly, she was transformed into the new Captain Britain, only to discover that her decision meant that if she ever revealed who she was to her children, it would cost their lives.

Today I Learned: Captain Britain is an rear end in a top hat.

Squidster
Oct 7, 2008

And of course her backstory involves copious rape. Comicccssss

Still, thanks for posting it!

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Toshimo posted:

One fateful day, her family found themselves on the front line of a battle between the Avengers and the Wrecking Crew. Thunderball rendered Captain America unconscious and Kelsey selflessly put herself between the fallen Captain and the Wasp and their attacker, using the downed hero's shield. While the shield was indestructible, Kelsey wasn't, and the shock from the blows inflicted terrible injuries; she died en route to receiving medical attention.

Kelsey awoke to find herself in a ring of standing stones, where she was met by a vision of Brian Braddock (Captain Britain), currently ruling Otherworld, and his wife, the elemental shapeshifter Meggan. To save Britain from the evil Morgan le Fay, he passed the mantle of Captain Britain to Kelsey. Her heroic act of bravery had earned her a second chance to live and to defend her home. As was Braddock before her; Kelsey was given the choice between the Sword of Might and the Amulet of Right. However, unlike when Braddock made that choice, Kelsey was only presented with the choice between sword or amulet, and she was not informed of their symbolic importance. Kelsey, desperate to see her children again, and not seeing how a necklace could defend anything, chose the sword, the path of violence. Instantly, she was transformed into the new Captain Britain, only to discover that her decision meant that if she ever revealed who she was to her children, it would cost their lives.

Today I Learned: Captain Britain is an rear end in a top hat.

Chuck Austen is also an idiot. Though I doubt anyone needed to be taught that. (I think he just wanted to use the old Cap Britain costume with the full mask, and decided it needed a 'reason' to hide her face. Possibly also to show how 'stupid' the sword/amulet choice is, thus missing the whole point.)

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I just find it funny that that character will ultimately be remembered as a weird Avenger no one's familiar with that sort of hangs around during Disassembled.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Lurdiak posted:

I just find it funny that that character will ultimately be remembered as a weird Avenger no one's familiar with that sort of hangs around during Disassembled.

And then gets She-Hulk'ed into the ground.

Canemacar
Mar 8, 2008

I was reading through Morrison's run on Batman, as well as the requisite wikipedia articles to understand all the references, and I read that Dr. Hurt actually appeared as an unnamed scientist in an old Batman comic from the '50s when Batman went through some kind of experiment. Anyone have a scan of that old page?

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Canemacar posted:

I was reading through Morrison's run on Batman, as well as the requisite wikipedia articles to understand all the references, and I read that Dr. Hurt actually appeared as an unnamed scientist in an old Batman comic from the '50s when Batman went through some kind of experiment. Anyone have a scan of that old page?

“Robin Dies at Dawn!” -- Batman #156

Canemacar
Mar 8, 2008

Cool. Even without the later material, that whole sequence comes off really creepy. I can see how Morrison saw a lot of potiential there.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?
Anyone have the panels with JJJ in todays Ultimate Spider-man?

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.
Anyone have this page from Silver Surfer 35 collected in the Rebirth of Thanos trade? Its the page where Thanos tells Silver Surfer that half of the population of Salaria is dead and if Surfer goes now, he can save the other half. Then there are a lovely two panels of Surfer being super grumpy and mad and Thanos having the biggest poo poo-eating grin ever.

Drakyn
Dec 26, 2012

Uthor posted:

Anyone have this page from Silver Surfer 35 collected in the Rebirth of Thanos trade? Its the page where Thanos tells Silver Surfer that half of the population of Salaria is dead and if Surfer goes now, he can save the other half. Then there are a lovely two panels of Surfer being super grumpy and mad and Thanos having the biggest poo poo-eating grin ever.
Found the whole sequence here. Here's the page in specific.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Drakyn posted:

Ron Lim was the perfect artist for all that shiny metallic space stuff. :allears:

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Drakyn posted:

Awesome, thanks.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Does anyone have that old Flash Gordon comic sequence where he makes a fat henchman take off his shirt, paints a poem about how Ming is a total punk ("punk beyond compare" I believe is the term used) and sends him back to headquarters?

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

😸Everything's 🗞️ purrfect!💯🤟

Here you go, from S014 "Power Men of Mongo" in 1940.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Ror posted:

Many thanks for that.

badjohny
Oct 6, 2005

Could anyone post a two page (i think) spread on spawn. I think it was issue 10. spawn goes to hell and sees all the other comic book hero's who creator had sold them out. There is a part where spawn runs into superman and second page where superman whispers "doomsday".

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

The two page spread can be found here. Didn't see the other page in a quick search.

http://comicsalliance.com/comicsalliance-reviews-spawn-year-one-part-three-miller-gaiman-moore-sim-cerebus/

Kellsterik
Mar 30, 2012
I remember reading on this forum about a scene from some comic featuring Harley Quinn and Poison Ivy, I don't think it was Dini and Timm's Batman Adventures, where Harley basically says she's just been stringing Ivy along for laughs all along and isn't actually into her. Does that sound familiar to anyone?

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
It's from the final arc of Gotham Sirens, the story featured Harley actually being a good (well, skilled) shrink for once and playing on the neuroses of her victims to get close to Joker so she could finally kill him. Ivy tried to stop her, figuring she'd fall back into the old pattern of love/worship once she got to him, so Harley retaliated by well, that.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."
Anyone have the opening pages from the Too many x men issue (or whatever it was called)? I can't remember if it was right before or after Uncanny 275, but it was right before all the different X-books started. It's a splash page of X factor, X men and New Mutants hanging out in a big room.

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

😸Everything's 🗞️ purrfect!💯🤟

Is this what you're talking about? It's just the strip at the top but I looked at a couple issues and this was the closet to what you described. From #273, Too Many Mutants.

TIMGed for huge size

Vincent
Nov 25, 2005

Ror posted:

This should be in the badass thread.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."

Ror posted:

Is this what you're talking about? It's just the strip at the top but I looked at a couple issues and this was the closet to what you described. From #273, Too Many Mutants.

TIMGed for huge size

Thanks, that's the one. I forgot how storm went from bald to super long hair in something like 8 issues.

a cock shaped fruit
Aug 23, 2010

The true enemy of humanity is disorder.
Anyone have that recent page from Spider-verse, where they encounters 60's cartoon spiderman and he is drawn in exactly the same style as the cartoon, and it includes 'super flat headed' J. Jonah Jameson?

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

a cock shaped fruit posted:

Anyone have that recent page from Spider-verse, where they encounters 60's cartoon spiderman and he is drawn in exactly the same style as the cartoon, and it includes 'super flat headed' J. Jonah Jameson?

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

I was wondering how many "Professor Xavier is a JERK!" riffs there have been and if anyone has all (or most) of them handy?

If you're not familiar I'm talking about all the times this panel's been copied or referenced:

Usually it's pretty distinct because they use a weird comic sans style font for it, to get close to the original.

Like this:

But I know there's been a ton more.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Locke and Key had a good one but I can't find it now for the life of me

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Kinda sad Ultimate Gwen didn't have a big doofy ski jacket on like the original. That's half the charm. Kitty's not trying to be cool, she's MAD AS HELL AND NOT GONNA TAKE IT ANYMORE. (Except she totally does, if I remember right. That's her reacting to being put on the New Mutants instead of the main X-Men team, right?)

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Can anyone tell me if the Zoom "IT WAS ME BARRY" is verbatim from a comic and if it was, do you have the panel? All I can find is the Are. You. Listening. Yet. Barry. panel.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Wasn't Zoom Wally's nemesis, not Barry's?

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Sorry Reverse Flash. There are so many speedsters....

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Lurdiak posted:

Wasn't Zoom Wally's nemesis, not Barry's?

zoux posted:

Sorry Reverse Flash. There are so many speedsters....

I've had it explained to me several times (in this subforum even) and I'm still not 100% on the difference

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Skwirl posted:

I've had it explained to me several times (in this subforum even) and I'm still not 100% on the difference

Last time I tried to wiki it, I came across a story breakdown involving various speedsters popping out of thin air on "cosmic treadmills" and I just kind of swore off The Flash for a while.

• Locked thread